• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State to State advice

I need some advice. I have an old college roommate who is originally from MA (where I am from, and licensed) and after college he got a job and stayed doen in CT. He has accepted a job up here and will be moving back in a couple months. He has his carry license in CT and has S&W Shield down there. Now, in regards to how this will work. Myself and another old roommate who also lives in CT and is also licensed there offered for either one of us to hold on to his gun in one of our safes until he is able to get a MA LTC up here. The wuestions they have, and I am a little shaky on as I am less familiar with CTs licensing and handgun laws, is whether or not this situation is all good with Big Brother as well as the state's? Is it okay for me or the CT guy to hold on to the gun without officially transfering it for a month or so? Once he gets the license in MA is it illegal if he does not notify the state of MA that he has the gun since he didnt buy it here it isnt documented in our "definetely not a registry" registration? Any clarification or help would be great. Just want to make sure we do this correctly.

Wow! Whoever gave you your BFS course apparently skipped most of the gun laws!

Better than GOAL's site, read the following Stickies (better yet, have your CT friend read them).

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/56054-MOVING-to-Massachusetts-Read-Here-First!

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

Yeah we probably didnt cover this stuff much seeing as 90 percent of the class was "this is all illegal and dont do this or you go to jail" didnt really cover this specific situation from my memory. Also it was years ago and it wasnt a particular concern of mine at the time.

Back
Top Bottom