Statie looses ltc after dui crash.

Honostly. If there was no passenger that is critically injured. This would not have been an issue. However. Because of the passenger being injured. This will go all the way to sentencing and possibly a civil suit from the passengers family of the passenger dies.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

DUI should make him a PP as the rest of us would be if drunk driving in MA

But it won't.

A deal will be quietly cut after all the public fuss has subsided - which is exactly what happened when the state trooper was up on an unsecured firearm storage charge a couple of years ago.

This trooper must truly be hated by "his brothers in blue" for the MSP to hang him out like this. That's really the only time any of them have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

If the munis in that area got to the scene first any chance they had of "covering it up" went right out the window, I can guarantee that...[laugh] Doesn't help him either that he had a wounded passenger, there's no easy way to mop that up or "pretend it was something else"

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

But it won't.

A deal will be quietly cut after all the public fuss has subsided - which is exactly what happened when the state trooper was up on an unsecured firearm storage charge a couple of years ago.

Isn't CWI a felony though? If I was going to make a WAG if a deal is cut the CWI charge magically gets "dropped" and the "deal" consists of him getting a CWOF for the DUI.

-Mike

Is this what you're talking about? CWI?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes. And if that's not a classic Vette, it's a t-bird of the same vintage. But it looks like a Vette. What a ****ing waste.

ETA: It's a 1965. It can only be a 65

Last edited:
^Oooooh good catch!! Tell us how you know its a 65? I'm more of a 70s child so I can tell those apart (luggage racks, split rear bumbers...etc) pretty well. Once had a guy tell me he owned an 83...derp

The "gills" on the side of the front fenders. They didn't exist in 63 or 64 and were not in 66. They existed in 65.

PS: My brother is a big Vette fan and has a 89. I am in the dodge camp but when I saw the fender vents, I realized those were the key. They didn't show up agin until the 70s but that top is not a 70s top. Nor is the color scheme.

The "gills" on the side of the front fenders. They didn't exist in 63 or 64 and were not in 66. They existed in 65.

I agree that this one is a 65', but from my own research, the 66's and 67's also had the "gills", but they were shaped a bit differently and nearly vertical, the 65's were more slanted.

Cool info and good eyes..I like vettes but I am all drool for a 70 roadrunner/gtx with a 440 (I'll take a 383),air grabber hood & a pistol grip shifter... But now I'm waaaay off topic. These classics are slipping away one at a time. Thanks trooper

Paid vacation, perhaps fired followed by a hearing board review, job re-instated with full back pay. And of course with all of the other trimmings mentioned above.

There should be zero tolerance for this in the MSP. Conduct Unbecoming of a State Police Trooper, You give someone statewide jurisdiction and expect them to obey a simple law like no drinking and driving....There is tens of thousands of applicants looking for their shot to go to New Braintree. Fire him, give the job to somebody who deserves it, Simple.

Last edited:
Why were tey waiting for him to screw up? Did the guy step on toes or something?
im not asking to question i honestly am curious.

I'm curious why they keep making note that it was his personally owned firearm. Is there any difference between it being his or state issued piece?

From what I heard today he wasn't given any kind of test to prove he was intoxicated.

I'm curious why they keep making note that it was his personally owned firearm. Is there any difference between it being his or state issued piece?

Because it's their way of trying to "tamp" and misdirect people from the fact that the guy was a trooper and hammered while driving, that's why. It's like someone telling you "I was cleaning my gun when it went off and it shot my wife in the back of the head." as if somehow that will make an actual difference. [laugh]

-Mike

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ot_trooper_charged_in_oui_refused_breath_test

refused all tests, refused to answer questions.

Jenkins would not disclose who the male passenger was and he also wouldn’t tell cops where he was traveling to or from, the report said

He must have saw the video.."never talk to the cops"

Actually, he did everything right and if his atty is any good, he'll walk.

Jenkins, a trooper since 2000, was put on indefinite unpaid leave following an administrative hearing, said state police spokesman David Procopio.

MA is qunique (or nearly so) in that the jury not only may not be told the reason there is no BAC, but must also be told they may draw no conclusion for against the defendant due to the absence of the BAC and must decide the case on other available evidence.

A good attorney can get the jury to think "I wouldn't want to be on trial for OUI without even being allowed a breath test to prove I was sober".

Even if he beats the charge, his credibility is gone forever. He has been arrested, he has been arraigned, his LTC has been taken from him. A resounding "YES" on Question 10 for LTC renewal for the rest of his life. If he leaves MA and applies for a LTC in another state, his arrest/CORI record will pop up. He is now a "made man"; "made" in the worst possible way. He should just do the honorable thing and resign his position as a State Trooper!

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ot_trooper_charged_in_oui_refused_breath_test

refused all tests, refused to answer questions.

He must have saw the video.."never talk to the cops"

Even if he does skate though I bet MSP will "run him out on a rail" even if they have to give him his job back... that won't last very long. They'll give him a job driving a desk in western MA somewhere till he breaks.... [rofl]

-Mike

at least he did the right thing legally speaking, and refused the breathalyzer test.

So what they should have done is had a judge on site to sign a warrant that allows them to hold him down and stick a needle in his arm and draw blood, because hey, if it's good for us, it's good for them too.

An off-duty state trooper accused of crashing his Corvette while drunk — critically injuring his friend in the passenger seat — had his license suspended for 180 days after declining a breath test, a state Department of Transportation official said yesterday.
MassDOT spokeswoman Sara Lavoie confirmed trooper Dale Jenkins, 35, had his driver’s license suspended after declining a breath test last weekend.

Drunk Drivers are EVIL PEOPLE and WE HAVE TO SAVE THE CHILDREN.

Last edited:
Honostly. If there was no passenger that is critically injured. This would not have been an issue. However. Because of the passenger being injured. This will go all the way to sentencing and possibly a civil suit from the passengers family of the passenger dies.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

His passenger is STILL in the ICU even today. He was really, really, really effed up in the crash. He should be punished for this. I'm pretty sure that's all I can say.

His passenger is STILL in the ICU even today. He was really, really, really effed up in the crash. He should be punished for this. I'm pretty sure that's all I can say.

Don't think anyone disagrees with that - drunk or sober he should be held accountable for injuring someone.

Back
Top Bottom