• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stay out of Reading this Saturday aftrrnoon

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Sorry mods, could you move this to off topic?
There is going to be a Protest, March and vigil in the town common from 4-7 PM. The organizers were denied a permit but they’re doing it anyway. Major parts of RT 28 will be blocked off by the protest/“parade”. They expect about 1200 SJW folks to attend. All stores from Bagel World on up to the center of town will be closed at 2Pm as a precaution. This is a shit stirring event plain and simple. Just a FYI.

FWIW the same went on in Danvers a week ago and was uneventful. Facebook moms holding signs and some horn blowing. Iirc they were issued the permit but other than that 2 more or less similar towns with similar demographics so more than likely just a minor annoyance for a few hours.

Sorry mods, could you move this to off topic?
There is going to be a Protest, March and vigil in the town common from 4-7 PM. The organizers were denied a permit but they’re doing it anyway. Major parts of RT 28 will be blocked off by the protest/“parade”. They expect about 1200 SJW folks to attend. All stores from Bagel World on up to the center of town will be closed at 2Pm as a precaution. This is a shit stirring event plain and simple. Just a FYI.
No problem.

No one needs or goes to Reading anyways.

Thanks

FWIW the same went on in Danvers a week ago and was uneventful. Facebook moms holding signs and some horn blowing. Iirc they were issued the permit but other than that 2 more or less similar towns with similar demographics so more than likely just a minor annoyance for a few hours.

Ya there taking a local beating for being white privileged.... Dumb Twats!

Last edited:
There was a protest last week. The COP took a knee but the SJW’s were stilled pissed. There was a large out of town presence. This one is going to be bigger. I hear they are bussing folks in from Boston.

I’m not saying there’s going to be a riot. Just that you may want to stay away from 28 that afternoon. Although I have now doubt the SJW’s will be looking for an outrage photo op

Last edited:
There was a protest last week. The COP took a knee but the SJW’s were stilled pissed. There was a large out of town presence. This one is going to be bigger. I hear they are bussing folks in from Boston.
Who knows. Always lots of talk before hand and you never know what's just talk and what's accurate. I know I was surprised at the number in Danvers. The square to danvers hardware, lined up on both sides of the street. Hard to believe that they were all from in town.

One good thing. People have gotten together and will be sending over food to the cops and other town workers forced to work this event.

That should piss some folks off.

The sponsors of this are a group of about 350 Karens and their cucolds in town who are super organized (hold majorities on the Select Board, BOH, Library (who is “sponsoring this”) and major represention at town meeting. We have a recall election for one of the select board members. This group is very anti 2a also.

here is the flier:
A7685A6F-870F-4810-B674-09E597135F86.jpeg

ahhh reading...the pulse of the blm movement, ground zero. they protesting what now? "big floyd" or the decline of the quality of kitty's fishermans platter?
Kittys is still there? Used to have a great veal parm back in the day.
Haven’t been in the area for years.

They'll have their little protest just to feel good about themselves. Then they'll go out for latte's and Chardonnay afterwards and never actually set foot in a neighborhood where black people live.

In other words......frauds

So.. I guess the penalty for an organized demonstration, where they applied for a license and were denied is , nothing if it is the “right” cause?

then why would anybody actually apply for or pay for the license and or the police detail?

Its be nice it 2A groups were keeping track of who paying and who is allowed to slide. Then some time later organize a 2A rally sans permit and if the town reacts, sue the shit out of them.

Who knows. Always lots of talk before hand and you never know what's just talk and what's accurate. I know I was surprised at the number in Danvers. The square to danvers hardware, lined up on both sides of the street. Hard to believe that they were all from in town.

Certainly not the little town I grew up in....there are many moon bats...we are infested with cuck's!

When I was little, growing up in Lynn, my parents would take us on a drive to Reading to see the “rich people’s “ houses.
Lol. When I was a kid in Chelsea, we used to "accuse" a classmate of being rich because her family owned their own home with a yard. (Gasp!) Also her father and mother each had their own car so obviously they were loaded [laugh]

Eta- One of my grandmothers once told us when she was a little girl, every summer they would "go out to the country". (Saugus)

I live really close to there. I'll just avoid the Center; simple thing to do. In fact, it might be a good time to get stuff done... to the north.

Just doing my part to point these things out:

93% white
5% asian.

.4% black.

Seriously??? Reading???? Or is this a meetoo moment for the yentas in Reading????

And again - I'll toss this out there: Are they willing to accept these people with open arms into their town??? Like a new affordable housing complex????

One good thing. People have gotten together and will be sending over food to the cops and other town workers forced to work this event.

That should piss some folks off.

The sponsors of this are a group of about 350 Karens and their cucolds in town who are super organized (hold majorities on the Select Board, BOH, Library (who is “sponsoring this”) and major represention at town meeting. We have a recall election for one of the select board members. This group is very anti 2a also.

here is the flier:
View attachment 363986
"hate-filled violence" What in the actual F? Who comes up with this shit?

Just doing my part to point these things out:

93% white
5% asian.

.4% black.

Seriously??? Reading???? Or is this a meetoo moment for the yentas in Reading????

And again - I'll toss this out there: Are they willing to accept these people with open arms into their town??? Like a new affordable housing complex????
Actually I got tossed off the danvers FB page over affordable housing. They like to complain about the cost of housing there and they want it to be more affordable. I told them they should be careful what they wish for. Along with affordable housing comes affordable housing problems. Before I could even elaborate I was banned.

The idea for them is the sweet little old lady down the street who's been there for 30 years and now cant afford to stay in town. So they want more affordable housing. I told them theres no guarantee that it will go to her. More than likely it will just import poverty and dependency.

I swear half the people are just too naive and dont think things through and the other half are liberal shitbags that know exactly what will happen and are just taking advantage of dumb townie Karen's.

I know Reading and Danvers are different towns but they're close enough that the same principles apply.

Actually I got tossed off the danvers FB page over affordable housing. They like to complain about the cost of housing there and they want it to be more affordable. I told them they should be careful what they wish for. Along with affordable housing comes affordable housing problems. Before I could even elaborate I was banned.

The idea for them is the sweet little old lady down the street who's been there for 30 years and now cant afford to stay in town. So they want more affordable housing. I told them theres no guarantee that it will go to her. More than likely it will just import poverty and dependency.

I swear half the people are just too naive and dont think things through and the other half are liberal shitbags that know exactly what will happen and are just taking advantage of dumb townie Karen's.

I know Reading and Danvers are different towns but they're close enough that the same principles apply.
That's because the people posting are not really thinking about the old lady, they are thinking about themselves. They spend too much money and are afraid they will get priced out. Every FB page on every town has some of these conversations and it's always the same BS "I grew up here and I cant afford it, I demand the govt step in".... waaaah! Waaaah!

It is rare to find home owners complaining homes are too expensive in their neighborhood.

Y'all should remember that this is the same town that got all worked up last year about a crippled turkey, and that when said turkey at last went to the Great Serving Platter In the Sky, a local dragged the dying thing onto his lawn so he could feed it corn to "ease its passing."

There's even an FB group still active, but I won't link to it because Zuckerberg is an a-hole.

It's an interesting little town. I think this rally will draw either 20 people, or 20,000 people. Me, I'll probably just set up a lawnchair and get some popcorn.

Wait- your town booted you from their facebook?

Didn't a court decide that trump could not block people on Twitter? This seems like they would go hand in hand.

Back
Top Bottom