• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steel targets from a NES member!

Im always looking for new toys, and they may not even be guns! But they are typically gun related in any case...

I recently purchased some swinging steel targets from a member on our board [cerberus]. I saw his ad for some 22 targets in the classifieds and figured i would inquire. Lo and behold Matt had a few 22 targets still on hand, i was excited to get my hands on one. After some words i also inquired about a target for centerfire pistol use, in which he had some great plans and a good idea about what he wanted to do. i said "ill take one of each".

after paying the man true to his word they both showed up within a week. The rimfire is a one piece spinning type, while the centerfire comes in many pieces to be assembled by the end user. The CT comes with all the necessary hardware for assembly, as well as the tubes for the frame and the targets themselves. It was very easy to put together using stainless hardware and wing-nuts for quick dissasembly if one needed a fast take down.

I can honestly say after some testing i am very pleased with both targets made by Matt. Despite his recommendation against hitting it with too many magnums or 10mm i set out with my 686 smith and beat on it a bit along with my M&P 45, only to find that the targets held up fine!

I will post some pictures tomorrow if i can of them, i forgot my camera at home.

If you have interest in them please contact [cerberus] for pricing and time frame, Matt is wonderful to do business with.

Dom

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you are happy with it. I hate buying things twice, so I try to build things that are simple, easily fixable (we are shooting at it after all), and will last a long time.

I made a short demo video, no shooting since it was built for THESAW249 and freshly painted.

[video=youtube_share;EESXqFB8mUk]http://youtu.be/EESXqFB8mUk[/video]

Some photos to go along with the video.

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8672.jpg

My .22 caliber swingers

IMAG0551.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, any more centerfire targets available? This would be a shitload of fun in the woods out back.

[rofl] mark! Dont tell everyone my secret!

Kevin, the one matt made me has stood up to many rounds of +p 45 and all kinds of 357. Unless you want a plate for rifle rounds it should do you just fine.

Dom

When I said larger, I meant more than 22. If it can handle +P 45, that would work for me. Let me know when you have a completed one to get rid of. (depending on price)

I am planning on making 25 more of the .22 swingers soon for the holiday season.

The center fire swingers are currently made on demand and have a lead time of a week. If enough people are interested in them, I can make a batch of them and should be able to lower the price.

My club requires that any swinging target only hangs down to prevent ricochets. Could you make something like that for centerfire? I know a bunch of people who would be intetested

My club requires that any swinging target only hangs down to prevent ricochets. Could you make something like that for centerfire? I know a bunch of people who would be intetested

Do you have a sketch you could PM me? I can custom build anything, and the more people you could confirm would help the price a lot. I haven't gotten into the center fire targets yet because of the initial investment required and I am unsure what kind of demand I would see. I am in between jobs right now, so I am trying to invest as much as I think I will see a return on.

OK, what the hell. Put me down for a centerfire target. I'll pay cash, and meet you for the transaction. If enough others jump in for the price to be better than the PM you sent me, even better.

Come on, NES - this guy is between jobs this time of year and surely could use a little extra cash. Pony up and buy a few targets!!!

What's the price on the centerfire targets?

Also, I would be interested in a dueling tree like Hickok45. The ones from Action Target are like $400 with the AR500 steel. If we can get that down to a much cheaper price, I would be interested in that all day long.

if you would like prices feel free to send Matt a PM, he will get right back to you. if anyone is in berkshire county that is interested in his products feel free to pm me, ive got them set up in my back yard.

Dom

Back
Top Bottom