Steyr AUG M1 A3 Purchase

Please let me know if I am posting in the wrong place.

I live in Mass and I want to get a Steyr AUG M1 A3. I need to find a FFL (within 45min or so from Boston) that will accept it and pin/weld the muzzle brake etc. to make it mass compliant. I can get it shipped with the 10rd mag.

Does anyone know any FFLs that will do this? I've purchased a lot of guns but never anything out of state.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Would a ban-era Steyr USR be MA-legal?

Only 3,000 were imported in 1997, but generally they don't sell for a premium now that BNIB model A3s are available to non-ban states.

Did Massachusetts do this or was it copy pasta from the federal ban? It seems like an oddly specific niche firearm to name.

MA ban is inextricably linked to the original fed AWB. Aug and a bunch of other guns are listed like that in it.

Ironically the name ban is so stupid that if Steyr had re-releaed it as a "NotAug" it would be legal here if you pinned and welded a brake on it. Like plenty of people in MA had MSAR STG-556 because those guns are not name banned, etc. (well, the ones that havent broken yet, that is).

There was another company that was going to make some other clone too but I forget who it was, I just remember it never really took off.

MA ban is inextricably linked to the original fed AWB. Aug and a bunch of other guns are listed like that in it.
Ironically the name ban is so stupid that if Steyr had re-releaed it as a "NotAug" it would be legal here if you pinned and welded a brake on it. Like plenty of people in MA had MSAR STG-556 because those guns are not name banned, etc. (well, the ones that havent broken yet, that is).
Isn't that basically the Steyr USR? A feature-limited "NotAug" -- no muzzle device, no barrel release, "thumbhole" stock, 10-rd mag?
JOxnCzn.jpg

There was another company that was going to make some other clone
Tactical Product Design (TPDUSA). announced the AXR, even shipped a few. Reportedly much closer to the NATO A3 than the MSAR was, most parts interchangeable.

Just get a Tavor. Either SAR-1 or X95 if you're hungry for bullpup. MA government doesn't consider it deadly enough to be even considered an "assault weapon" lol

Thanks all,

Well, that's disappointing.

I guess I'll look at an RDB or wait for the new SA Hellion. I'd like a bullpup but I don't want to have to pay the lefty tax by having to buy an expensive new bolt etc.

Thanks all,

Well, that's disappointing.

I guess I'll look at an RDB or wait for the new SA Hellion. I'd like a bullpup but I don't want to have to pay the lefty tax by having to buy an expensive new bolt etc.
May i suggest the Desert tech mdrx
Heres my sbr version

Attachments

• 2821F31B-D1F5-4ED7-9A65-43B17997AC9B.jpeg
    2821F31B-D1F5-4ED7-9A65-43B17997AC9B.jpeg
    921.5 KB · Views: 30
It’s not even close to the quality of an aug!

It's not even a matter of quality its a matter of "want".

People want AUG because its iconic. You're not getting that with a Tavor. Tavor could even be 5 times better, doesn't matter. Not relevant.

A nice ar makes a typical AUG look like a dumb idea. But that Nice AR is not an AUG.

Like as an example say I have a friend who wants an UZI.

I could tell him typically CZ Skorpion way more useful blah blah

He's still going to tell me to go f*** myself, because its not an UZI.

Certain guns in this class, are all iconic. There's no "oh you can just sub it out with this" most people are going to be like

NEIN! [rofl]

because it doesnt scratch the itch

If your near woburn or a memeber of Mass. Rifle there im always around and you can have some hands on trigger time. if theres one thing ive learned especialy with a bulpup is you wont know if you love it or hate till after a few mags
Don't say it if you don't mean it! I may take you up on that!

Sig man, how did it go?

Others, is the usr considered a "clone" or will someone transfer it here in Ma? have encountered a few "nos" by phone closer to me but have not yet called a few others.

My read is pre Healy the usr would have been fine but post, it's now considered substantially similar.

That's pretty impressive!! There's a parts kit with a 16" barrel on gb right now.
Auctions can be a more reliable source of parts than picking up the random SME parts kits (No MA/CT/NY shipping).
The Nylaug build does not require a (+$500) complete AUG barrel, the demil'd barrel's "gas regulator assembly" is fitted to a turned-down AR-15 barrel. The "3d printed Aug" deletes the quick release feature.

Parts in a kit can be a mixed bag, some of the Nylaug team report receiving a left hand stock with a right hand bolt, or an incomplete (broken extractor) or seized-up bolt.

That's a clever barrel workaround. I've not done any 3d printing, it's very impressive how strong the fibers / filaments have become. I'm not sure I'd exercise that much freedom here in MA. I'd not be so interested in an aug if not for counterstrike.

Back
Top Bottom