*** STILL *** Looking for some 5.56mm 62gr SS109/M855 in Mass

GM-GUY

NES Member
I went up to State Line yesterday and checked if I could order and 'drop ship' to them, then pick up with a handling fee - no dice [sad]

I don't want PRVI, IMI, Mickey Mouse, or anything other than Federal/Winchester with Mil spec brass and new manuf.

I found Winchester 'Ranger' and 'Q3269' online for $429 with $26 shipping but no one around here carries it.

I had a post under WTB for someone in NH to buy or just drop ship and I'll pay a handling fee + costs.

Why is it so hard to find this ammo local !?!?!?

Why is it so hard to find this ammo local !?!?!?

Supply and demand. Most people typically either buy relatively cheap plinking ammo or match grade ammo and M855 is neither of those things. Also M855 has a steel core and many ranges have rules forbidding steel core ammo.

I have some RGRO (Radway Green Royal Ordnance) surplus NATO M855. Radway Green is sort of the British equivalent of Lake City. NATO "cross in circle" marking on the head stamp. Shipped on 10 round stripper clips in bandoleers. I think I only have a few hundred left but if you really need them I'd be willing to let them go.

Not sure why you don't want PRVI or IMI - both make decent ammo well within NATO specs. (M855 isn't exactly match grade.....)

If you absolutely must have Federal I know a dealer who can get some bulk pack XM855, but it's probably not going to be cheap and it may take a few weeks. My understanding is that the bulk pack XM855 consists of factory seconds that didn't quite make the cut for the mil...

I'll try to get this to make sense:

1) Why Federal/Winchester only? I've seen too many comments on Gunbroker items and other sites that you get reloads or factory seconds (bent cases, junk) with other stuff.

2) I saw on SGAMMO.COM that they have real life, 20per box, factory new loads at the prices mentioned. I know the Federal XM193F stuff I get from Rileys works perfectly in my rifle, so why temp fate (blown primers or worse)

I want the M855 as it seems to be cheaper than the match grade stuff which my rifle isn't (S&W M&P) and my groups tend to have some flyers, so I want to try the SS109/M855 and would like to compare apples and apples (Nato Spec, new, factory fresh).

No need to compromise as this isn't a 'Must be done Now' thing, just curious and since it's my cash I should be able to get what I want.........

But then again this is Massachusetts [rolleyes]

I'll try to get this to make sense:

Gotcha. I think you'll find that the M855 (regardless of the brand) is way less accurate than pretty much anything but I get that you want to see for yourself. Good luck

your best bet is a free state friend to place order and accept shipment.I seen a on line vendor advertise Lake Cityk 2000 loose pack rounds for 749.00+shipping

Are you calling IMI Mickey Mouse? [rofl] Are you talking about 1980s lots or the fresh 2009? The 80s stuff been around awhile so you cannot treat it like new ammo. If you are talking about fresh lots, than I am afraid your perspective on IMI quality is totally upside-down. IMI is arguably the best 5.56 surplus you can get. TTBOMK, IMI is the true surplus – meaning it’s factory overrun and is identical to what Israeli grunts would get. On the other hand LC surplus is actually quality control rejects. TMK, when military fails a lot based on quality – that ammo becomes eligible for sale to the civilian market. So technically speaking the LC you are getting is not the same as M855 distributed to our boys. Having said that – it’s all bullshit. If I gave you a rifle mixed loaded with IMI and LC – you (or anyone else on this planet) would not be able to tell what is flying out of the barrel. As for the IMI quality – I have held and shot thousands of IMI rounds and have yet to find a junk round. Furthermore, if this is your training ammo, I am not sure why you are so focused on LC. Get the cheapest stuff you can find and practice. The brand is far less important than the time at the range. I would understand if you did not want to shoot Wolf, but IMI?

If you are getting ammo for SHTF, and I assume your M&P is 1:9, you might want to conceder M193. IMHO, it is a better choice for most real life scenarios you might encounter.

I'm sure IMI (new stuff) is good, it's just at the gun shows I can't tell if it's new or not. Online they give a break down of dates and location of manuf, that at least tells me what I have. I do shoot at the range, and I do use XM193 from 900rd cases (30 per box on 10rd strippers) bought at Rileys for ~$360 each.

But, I'll bite: Where/How do I get new manuf. IMI from in Mass.

Where/How do I get new manuf. IMI from in Mass.

The same way you get LC m855. [wink] I traded a bit of it few months ago, and although I still have some left – I ain’t selling it. Sorry.

I'm sure IMI (new stuff) is good, it's just at the gun shows I can't tell if it's new or not.

Just look at the head-stamp. Everything you need to know is there. Hope this helps.

4865881955_b2cffc08b0.jpg

I'm sure IMI (new stuff) is good, it's just at the gun shows I can't tell if it's new or not. Online they give a break down of dates and location of manuf, that at least tells me what I have. I do shoot at the range, and I do use XM193 from 900rd cases (30 per box on 10rd strippers) bought at Rileys for ~$360 each.

But, I'll bite: Where/How do I get new manuf. IMI from in Mass.

Four Seasons had IMI M855 in stock as of yesterday. I didn't check the price or look at the head stamps.

I hoarded IMI 1980's ammo. Still have it in sealed battle packs, Quite a few!. Some of the best ammo IMHO. I really like IMI 7.62x51. The cases reload great. I love when I find a Pak or 2 in an old box w/ a $19.95 price tag. Hmmm... 300 rounds, $19.95 and it is reloadable. I keep finding LC paks too.

This is not a hard find in Massachusetts at all. While you'll find few dealers stocking it - any good FFL, (one you have a good customer relationship with especially), will order you anything you want. If I want M855, I can either order it myself, or walk into my FFL with a copy of an ad for it and say: "Hey, can you grab me some of this?"... He says: "Sure Mark no worries, how much do you want?" I think a good relationship is key. It's no biggie for an FFL to order you some ammo and receive shipment for you. Toss him a few bucks for his troubles (I usually bring coffee and donuts) and be a good customer....If it were 'Marks Gun Shop' and you just walked in off the street, or were a notorious tire kicker, I may look to make a profit, (that's what business is for), but if you were a solid customer with a solid history, I'd pick up the phone....

Back
Top Bottom