Still waiting for my LTC

The state says it shipped my LTc on the 5th of January but my LPD says they still haven’t received it. How long does that normally take?

A couple weeks???? Is it going by carrier pigeon?? :)
I think they usually just say that to “manage expectations” and it generally comes earlier; when you pop open the envelope and marvel at the hard plastic ID (better quality than the shite drivers licenses they have nowadays, trust me) you can feel satisfied with the job your local PD did and go over to your local gun shop to make your first in state purchase. Don’t forget your PIN though, I recommend adding it as a contact in your cell phone for easy reference.

Edit: For people who live in remote areas they have to say “a couple weeks” because it may actually take that long for mail to reach their area. In all seriousness, I think it is for this reason that they specify it could take a couple weeks.

There is the mailing time plus the receiving by the PD time plus the PD has to "activate" it time and finally they need to inform you it is ready for pickup or in some cases there is the getting into the mail time and then the USPS mailing time.

Figure two weeks and half the time you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom