• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage Fees Bonded gun shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Name is John L. Lienard. I own J&S Guns &Ammo INC. Yes I run a Bonded warehouse. I have since 2014. When you came into my shop Saturday we were stacked with customers. I Informed you. The gunshop is is open Thursday and Friday 1-6 and Saturday 10-3. That's 15 hours a week. I told you Monday - Wednesday we take appointments for warehouse returns. So after I finish this reply You can return a call to me at 508 951 8829 my cell #. I was at the hospital today and have not checked my messages. My intention is to get guns back to the owner or transfered wherever the owner wishes. I usually knock the charges down and the clock stops when the person contacts me. So here we are . Awaiting your call to transfer your firearms. I have client references at request. Some have become my friends. I started the warehouse business because I dealt with one that ripped a friend off with attitude charges and disrespect toward me and the friend I was helping out. It's not always about money. I feel more for the person and moving forward to there needs.
I’m getting ready for school I will return your phone call this afternoon to set something up. You left me a message saying I didn’t leave you any number or anything on Saturday.... you’re right I didn’t. I left you my name and number not only on paper when I was at your shop on FRIDAY but I also called and left you a voicemail with my name and number when they told me you’d be back at 5pm on FRIDAY. On Saturday you were too busy and didn’t even give me a chance to say much when you kept repeating “call me Monday” every time I tried saying something. it’s not my fault that your employee is too incompetent to forward you a note with my details and you can’t listen to your messages or check email (you can use this forum no problem though can’t ya) I wasn’t here to bash anyone I wanted to resolve the issue and I reached out on here to get some advice. It’s not my fault I got the run around until you noticed this made its way onto this forum then you decide to finally reach out... you found my info rather quickly after that. I’m sorry that you’re sick and have some things going on but so does everyone else. It’s your shop it’s your choice to do it the right way or the wrong way. I’d appreciate it if we could get on the same page now without anymore headaches and resolve this matter.

My Name is John L. Lienard. I own J&S Guns &Ammo INC. Yes I run a Bonded warehouse. I have since 2014. When you came into my shop Saturday we were stacked with customers. I Informed you. The gunshop is is open Thursday and Friday 1-6 and Saturday 10-3. That's 15 hours a week. I told you Monday - Wednesday we take appointments for warehouse returns. So after I finish this reply You can return a call to me at 508 951 8829 my cell #. I was at the hospital today and have not checked my messages. My intention is to get guns back to the owner or transfered wherever the owner wishes. I usually knock the charges down and the clock stops when the person contacts me. So here we are . Awaiting your call to transfer your firearms. I have client references at request. Some have become my friends. I started the warehouse business because I dealt with one that ripped a friend off with attitude charges and disrespect toward me and the friend I was helping out. It's not always about money. I feel more for the person and moving forward to there needs.
I’m calling you now and will leave a message if you don’t answer. We can be there today between 1-1:30. Please let me know

I’m getting ready for school I will return your phone call this afternoon to set something up. You left me a message saying I didn’t leave you any number or anything on Saturday.... you’re right I didn’t. I left you my name and number not only on paper when I was at your shop on FRIDAY but I also called and left you a voicemail with my name and number when they told me you’d be back at 5pm on FRIDAY. On Saturday you were too busy and didn’t even give me a chance to say much when you kept repeating “call me Monday” every time I tried saying something. it’s not my fault that your employee is too incompetent to forward you a note with my details and you can’t listen to your messages or check email (you can use this forum no problem though can’t ya) I wasn’t here to bash anyone I wanted to resolve the issue and I reached out on here to get some advice. It’s not my fault I got the run around until you noticed this made its way onto this forum then you decide to finally reach out... you found my info rather quickly after that. I’m sorry that you’re sick and have some things going on but so does everyone else. It’s your shop it’s your choice to do it the right way or the wrong way. I’d appreciate it if we could get on the same page now without anymore headaches and resolve this matter.

It sounds like you have a solid read on the situation. Good man.

I suspect you'll find that dealing with a bonded warehouse owner is like dealing with an alcoholic family member... lies upon lies and pathological elicitation of sympathy. Be ready for it.

I don't really see the point of talking sh** about him or his employees any more on here in an open forum. It seems John has reached out and is attempting to resolve this for you. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from this point on and it all works out.
If you have to voice your concerns about the way this was handled, do it to him in person when you meet up, because now it just sounds like you're beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of talking sh** about him or his employees any more on here in an open forum. It seems John has reached out and is attempting to resolve this for you. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from this point on and it all works out.
If you have to voice your concerns about the way this was handled, do it to him in person when you meet up, because now it just sounds like you're beating a dead horse.

I value the information in this thread because I didn't previously know J&S runs a bonded warehouse scam, and now I know not to shop there and to discourage friends and students as well. It is a very helpful thread and I hope to learn as much as possible.

I value the information in this thread because I didn't previously know J&S runs a bonded warehouse scam, and now I know not to shop there and to discourage friends and students as well.
Likewise. I do not knowingly patronize MA bonded warehouses ever and I have zero respect for those who do... so I'm glad to have had J&S identified as such. Never again will I shop there.

I started the warehouse business because I dealt with one that ripped a friend off with attitude charges and disrespect toward me and the friend I was helping out. It's not always about money. I feel more for the person and moving forward to there needs.

Great response.

My guns never ended in a warehouse and hope they never will.

Shows there are two sides to every story.

I’m not berating anyone nor am I continuing to talk shit, maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds to me like the shop is getting bashed for no reason at this point
Part of the problem with the Bonded Warehouse deal is it always ends up smelling.... unless the idea is "well if I get into the market they won't send the stuff anywhere else and I can prevent people from getting ripped off" but the problem is the stench of the incest still doesn't go away... it's like being the tow truck company for a city's parking enforcement for street sweeping.....

I sure as hell would not become a Bonded Warehouse in this industry just because of the fact that there's a huge negative connotation attached to them. There are a couple that are far more reasonable than most (maybe J&S is one?) But the problem is that the arrangement ends up being at least slightly adversarial by default.....

I wanted to update everyone. I was able to speak with John the owner on the phone this morning to set a meet up today. I just got back home from his shop and everything went smoothly. All my firearms and ammo and accessories were all accounted for and in great shape. Had a great conversation with the guy and he was very fair about the whole thing.

Likewise. I do not knowingly patronize MA bonded warehouses ever and I have zero respect for those who do... so I'm glad to have had J&S identified as such. Never again will I shop there.
I can dig that, but bonded warehouses are a reality whether we like it or not. Best to have such shops that work to get you your stuff back with as minimal hassle as possible, and are held accountable when they don’t.

I wanted to update everyone. I was able to speak with John the owner on the phone this morning to set a meet up today. I just got back home from his shop and everything went smoothly. All my firearms and ammo and accessories were all accounted for and in great shape. Had a great conversation with the guy and he was very fair about the whole thing.

Phenomenal!

I can dig that, but bonded warehouses are a reality whether we like it or not. Best to have such shops that work to get you your stuff back with as minimal hassle as possible, and are held accountable when they don’t.
That only works though if the garbage PDs are willing to defer to the less shitty bonded warehouses. This might work in one area or another, but it's not a panacea. For example I'm sure theres some other BW near dowd, but because Dowd is a greasy f***, he would get the call from the greasy PDs that would only send guns to him. Another BW cannot "demand" the business, etc.

Unless there's some other angle to being a BW that I'm not aware of.....

Phenomenal!

Don't read anything in to this emotionally. He was just doing the job he agreed to with the .gov.

I hope it doesn't cost you too much $$$ and they go to someone who will appreciate them.

Best of luck on the outcome. Matt

Great to hear.

That only works though if the garbage PDs are willing to defer to the less shitty bonded warehouses. This might work in one area or another, but it's not a panacea. For example I'm sure theres some other BW near dowd, but because Dowd is a greasy f***, he would get the call from the greasy PDs that would only send guns to him. Another BW cannot "demand" the business, etc.

Agree. And the tow truck company is a good analogy. But the fact that J&S got wind of this thread and came on here to give his side tells me that he atleast cares about his reputation.

I’m not berating anyone nor am I continuing to talk shit, maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension🤷🏻‍♂️
My reading comprehension is fine, and in my opinion you posting "it’s not my fault that your employee is too incompetent to forward you a note with my details and you can’t listen to your messages or check email (you can use this forum no problem though can’t ya) is talking shit.
I'm glad you got your problem solved though.

Agree. And the tow truck company is a good analogy. But the fact that J&S got wind of this thread and came on here to give his side tells me that he atleast cares about his reputation.
Not really.

Tow truck rates and processes are heavily regulated. A tow company cannot tow several of your cars and refuse to release the Ferrari because you did not pay the charge for the Yugo, nor can it set any rate it pleases, or get away with "Owner is on vacation, will open in a couple of weeks, your storage fees will continue to accrue while he is gone".

But, tow companies generally refuse to use the complex formula the state requires for the calculation of a fuel surcharge and just tacks on a few dollars as additional profit, even when gas prices are below the level that triggers the legal ability to impose this fee. So they can get away with ultra vires fees, but they have to keep them small to fly under the radar.

Not really.

Tow truck rates and processes are heavily regulated. A tow company cannot tow several of your cars and refuse to release the Ferrari because you did not pay the charge for the Yugo, nor can it set any rate it pleases, or get away with "Owner is on vacation, will open in a couple of weeks, your storage fees will continue to accrue while he is gone".

But, tow companies generally refuse to use the complex formula the state requires for the calculation of a fuel surcharge and just tacks on a few dollars as additional profit, even when gas prices are below the level that triggers the legal ability to impose this fee. So they can get away with ultra vires fees, but they have to keep them small to fly under the radar.
You’ve clearly never had your car towed by Coletta’s in Providence, guy.

I am happy things are working out in a good way. Instead of liking your post, I have gone back and put a like on his post, which is #146 in this thread.

Your post makes me think that this thread needs a link to another thread which really tells the story about bonded warehouses.

The thread is long, but it is an interesting read about how the bonded warehouse business really functions. Spoiler alert, Dowd was allegedly offering payments to police departments that sent guns to him.

Glad this seems to have worked out.

Question I now have, Could the owner of a confiscated or surrendered gun request for individual componants of said gun? Crimson trace, scope, slide, upper receiver, barrel etc? They are all parts that are lawful to own even if you do not have a license.

If you knowingly have to surrender your firearms could you just turn in the frame or receiver because you had already sold the other parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom