• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stoughton is one step closer to a new Chief

http://www.wickedlocal.com/stoughto...enant-new-finalist-for-Stoughton-Police-Chief

Looks like there is someone from CT, Framhigham, MA and the other guy is from Manfield, MA (Walter Crickard). The first first seems like he may not be Class A friendly just because of where the state, Mansfield and Framingham sound a little promising being green towns and all.

I dont know, I have my fingers crossed but I'm not losing sleep expecting to have the restrictions lifted off my Class A; we'll see.

Its funny because I was just talking to a Mansfield cop at a birthday party Saturday night about guns and the license process. I told him most people arent looking for a favor, we just want a federal standard. You either get a Class A LTC unrestricted or you get nothing. The cop thought it was a fair idea and he personally didnt beleive in the different licenses/restrictions. He felt if you can own a gun your likely responsible enough to have it on your waist.

Last edited:
Renald Marchand will make Stoughton green I have been in 2 interview sessions with him for Ashby and he's 2A friendly. He has already been offered the job in Ashby, wondering what happens if he gets an offer from Stoughton?

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Stoughton is one of the places I'm looking at houses in, so let's hope for the best there!!

Last edited:
I dont know, I have my fingers crossed but I'm not losing sleep expecting to have the restrictions lifted off my Class A; we'll see.
I suspect you will find this comment regarding the one gun a month proposal as reported in http://www.dailynewstribune.com/new...ould-increase-sentences-for-gun-law-violators to be interesting and relevant.

"There are some people who are collectors and there are people who are aficionados," said Framingham Police spokesman Lt. Paul Shastany. "If people are law-abiding citizens and they can legally purchase the guns and they are properly secured according to the law, what's the problem?"

-------------------------------------------

Lt. Paul Shastany of the Framingham Police Department is the winner...
Actually, the people of Stoughton may be the winners.

I hope he's a survivor and is able to cut out the corruption that is rampant in that town (and has been for almost 45 years that I know about).

I know someone who threw his hat in that ring and I told him that he was crazy to even go after that job. He said that after xx years with <major city> PD he felt that he could deal with any corruption/BS that was thrown at him.

Just perhaps Frank Crimmins and Shastany might be able to sweep the town "broom clean" and make it a much better place. I wish them both luck, they are going to need it.

I hope he's a survivor.

Having interviewed 2 of the candidates (for Ashby) that made it to the finalist stage(s) for Stoughton, he must be pretty good. I don't know Lt Shastany, but he beat out some truly outstanding COP candidates to win the job.

Having interviewed 2 of the candidates (for Ashby) that made it to the finalist stage(s) for Stoughton, he must be pretty good. I don't know Lt Shastany, but he beat out some truly outstanding COP candidates to win the job.

I'm not sure that the term "win" is appropriate! [shocked]

Let's just call it a "challenge", OK? [wink]

I'm not sure that the term "win" is appropriate! [shocked]

Let's just call it a "challenge", OK? [wink]

Agreed, same for my town (and many others). We may not have corruption issues, but we have a small town with shrinking state aid and a police department running out of a 40 year old double wide trailer, and a crap shoot each shift to see if the patrol vehicle will actually start. With the economy the way it is, the funding situation is only going to be corrected with a great deal of pain (and shouting).

was your permit a first issuance? college roommate got his first permit in stoughton as ALP.

The last Acting Chief changed the policy in Stoughton to T&H for all first time applicants. I know a couple of people who applied while he was running the department and that's all the could get. He was Acting Chief for about two years, I think. I don't know what if any, changes the new chief has made. Hopefully he'll go back to the old policy which seems to have been to issue ALP if that's what was requested.

Back
Top Bottom