• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strange interaction at Gunrunner 101 in Amherst, NH

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I was up in NH today in the Nashua area and passed the Gunrunner 101 store in Amherst, NH. I've never been to this store so I turned around and went in. Looked like a decent place even though the prices seemed a little high compared to other stores in the are. As I was looking at their handgun selection I noticed a nice FEG GKK 45acp w/ box and papers for one of the few decent prices I'd seen at the place. I ask to see it and made an offer on it indicating I'd be buying it with my C&R. The lady I was talking too said she'd ask the owner and went over to an older gentlemen at the other end of the counter.

This is where it got really strange. The lady tells the guy my offer and he looks up at me and states that he doesn't know me. Seeing I've never been there that wasn't a surprised. He then says he can't accept my C&R because he doesn't know me. He said most C&R's are fake and used by people to illegally buy guns. I stated that he could check online to confirm my C&R was real to which he replied that the web site never works and that he didn't trust that either. I'm thinking, OK so he doesn't want to take my C&R and then he states that most gun stores will not take it in NH. Thinking we were just have a conversation I indicated that I had bought C&R at many stores in NH and named a few. He said that wasn't true. [thinking]

Didn't want to get into an argument with the guy so I just left. Oh and he indicated to another customer that he was against the new NH Constitutional Carry law about to be passed. Very strange indeed.

Been in there once and saw how much higher their prices were compared to other shops in southern NH and haven't been back. With this information about him, I'll never stop in there again. Almost as bad as the shop on the other side of Amherst Street close to WallyMart that consistently rapes customers.

F the old buzzard then. He must like to drive away business and is more of a hobby shop. I've gone past that place when I take a jaunt to Harbor Freight to buy cheap azz tools and smell the rubber. I guess I'll just keep on going by.

Been in there once and saw how much higher their prices were compared to other shops in southern NH and haven't been back. With this information about him, I'll never stop in there again. Almost as bad as the shop on the other side of Amherst Street close to WallyMart that consistently rapes customers.

who dat?

Sportsmans Trader or something like that. It's on the same side as harbor freight, heading back towards nashua on 101a.

I haven't heard horrible things about Gunrunners, so I'm slightly shocked, but I've also never been in there as I typically go up to 619dw.

I'm thinking, OK so he doesn't want to take my C&R and then he states that most gun stores will not take it in NH. Thinking we were just have a conversation I indicated that I had bought C&R at many stores in NH and named a few. He said that wasn't true. [thinking]

"Did you just call me a f***ing liar???"

The end result would be the same, but sometimes you just gotta return rudeness with rudeness.

Not to condone the salesman's comments, but is the GKK even a C&R eligible pistol? Those were all made within the past 25 years.

That's strange. The guy is Bob and the lady is his wife, Diane (I think). They have always been decent to us. We have bought a few things there with no issues.

Not to condone the salesman's comments, but is the GKK even a C&R eligible pistol? Those were all made within the past 25 years.

This one was a C&R. If he knew me he would have sold it to me as such.

That's strange. The guy is Bob and the lady is his wife, Diane (I think). They have always been decent to us. We have bought a few things there with no issues.

It's not that he was rude, well except for the "liar" part, just very set in his thoughts. Like I said, a very strange interaction. First time I've ever heard something like that when trying to use my C&R.

I'd of thanked him for letting me know that he's someone that won't be getting my business and that I'd let others know how he treated me.

Very strange experience.

All I can say is that I've bought firearms and ammo from Bob at the current shop location, and at his previous location - and have had many a conversation with him.

He's always been an upstanding and fair person in every interaction and discussion.

No, he cannot compete with the pricing of higher volume selling shops, but he's trying to make an honest living and has always hoped for the support of local buyers.

IMHO, That's just my honest experience and 2 cents.

Last edited:
Sportsmans Trader or something like that. It's on the same side as harbor freight, heading back towards nashua on 101a.

I haven't heard horrible things about Gunrunners, so I'm slightly shocked, but I've also never been in there as I typically go up to 619dw.

Yeah - the place you're referring to (I can't remember the name but it's in a small shopping plaza type building in the same place you're describing) - doesn't seem to be run all that well. A couple of years back a guy I work with went in there during one of the big ammo buying sprees - wanted to buy some ammo - the guy running the shop told him that he'd have to put a deposit down - then proceeded to jerk the guy around for like 5 months until he finally went back and threatened the guy just to get his money back.

Very strange experience.

All I can say is that I've bought firearms and ammo from Bob at the current shop location, and at his previous location - and have had many a conversation with him.

He's always been an upstanding and fair person in every interaction and discussion.

No, he cannot compete with the pricing of higher volume selling shops, but he's trying to make an honest living and has always hoped for the support of local buyers.

IMHO, That's just my honest experience and 2 cents.

Maybe you should tell Bob not to treat strangers like shit, and to educate himself on C&R licenses.

If he didn't want to sell to the OP he should've just said so.

I drive by there everyday to and from work, and always wondered what was inside. Now I know.

The place is Sportsman's Trading. He screwed me over trying to get a Saiga 12 Shotgun.
It is a long story, but I eventually had to call the Amherst Police to get my money back.
He still owes me $100 that he charged to my credit card.

Malodave

Gunrunner has 1 review on Yelp:

Excellent local gun shop and deer/turkey station. Bob the Owner is friendly, reasonable, and doesn't pretend to know everything. He trades and is extremely fair. Great shop!

[laugh]

This place is within 10 miles of me, but I've never been in there, now I have even less desire to check it out.

The place is Sportsman's Trading. He screwed me over trying to get a Saiga 12 Shotgun.
It is a long story, but I eventually had to call the Amherst Police to get my money back.
He still owes me $100 that he charged to my credit card.

Malodave

One of the guys at work was told he could get him higher capacity magazines for his new grock 43. Plus sold him an used holster that was missing a retention strap (needed it) for more than you could get a good new holster for. He proceeded to jerk him around for months before he (the guy from work) went in to cancel the order and get a refund. Of course, he didn't get money back but 'the equal' in ammo. When he told me how much of what he got I had to inform him that he got screwed, yet again...

Neither the lady nor the older gentleman work there.

Most ladies and older gentlemen in there are fake.
Gibbs I have no idea what you are saying but this sounds like one of those SAT questions where you have to pick which question is grammatically correct. SOooooooo
^^^^^^This

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I have been to shops out side my home state that will not even consider C&R transactions.
Some would not do hand guns. Others had a small display of C&R items they sell as such.
Sometimes a simple no I do not do C&R transactions is enough.
Why gun shop owners or workers spout out political opinion or personal feelings is he found me. Open your doors charge what you have to to survive. If your income is dependent on your sales you will quickly find your price point or find yourself closing up shop.... I will gander "Bob is old" = retired and I'm guessing his shop is more of a hobby than income dependant.

Maybe you should tell Bob not to treat strangers like shit, and to educate himself on C&R licenses.

If he didn't want to sell to the OP he should've just said so.

I drive by there everyday to and from work, and always wondered what was inside. Now I know.

I don't stop by that often, but if I do stop by soon, I would definitely mention something to him (but obviously not in the manner you suggest). [laugh]

I have been to shops out side my home state that will not even consider C&R transactions.
Some would not do hand guns. Others had a small display of C&R items they sell as such.
Sometimes a simple no I do not do C&R transactions is enough.
Why gun shop owners or workers spout out political opinion or personal feelings is he found me. Open your doors charge what you have to to survive. If your income is dependent on your sales you will quickly find your price point or find yourself closing up shop.... I will gander "Bob is old" = retired and I'm guessing his shop is more of a hobby than income dependant.

No, its not a hobby for him. He was a carpenter previously and specialized in cabinet building. His last shop, was a small display area when you walked in, and the back 3/4 was a wood shop.

The gun shop is his livelihood.

Back
Top Bottom