Stray bullet from angle tree hits house

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the first time I fired a .357 I am pretty sure the bullet left the range. I was new to handguns and had never fired more than a 9mm, and that only once. I was at an outdoor pistol range at a friend's gun club. It did not have cover over the firing line, but it had big creosote logs overhead maybe twenty feet out to catch high shots. Well when I fired the .357 for the first, and only time, it felt like an explosion going off, the gun jumped up and I do not think it hit the barrier. I think it went off range.

Lol, several years ago I made the mistake of having a friend shoot .357 on his first trip to the range. We started w/ .22, progressed to 9, .45 then to revolvers, .38 and then .357 Mag. The recoil affected him quite a bit, he couldn't shoot for crap after shooting the .357 mag. Have decided not to do that w/ noobs on their first trip (we was dying to shoot it).

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the first time I fired a .357 I am pretty sure the bullet left the range. I was new to handguns and had never fired more than a 9mm, and that only once. I was at an outdoor pistol range at a friend's gun club. It did not have cover over the firing line, but it had big creosote logs overhead maybe twenty feet out to catch high shots. Well when I fired the .357 for the first, and only time, it felt like an explosion going off, the gun jumped up and I do not think it hit the barrier. I think it went off range.

im sure that everyone

71564041_1391457894.jpg

Lol, several years ago I made the mistake of having a friend shoot .357 on his first trip to the range. We started w/ .22, progressed to 9, .45 then to revolvers, .38 and then .357 Mag. The recoil affected him quite a bit, he couldn't shoot for crap after shooting the .357 mag. Have decided not to do that w/ noobs on their first trip (we was dying to shoot it).
I took a co-worker ... progression went like this:

.22 > 9mm full size > 9mm CCW > 9mm competition gun > 45/70 revolver.

Then rifles.

The smile on his face was priceless. LOL.

I took a co-worker ... progression went like this:

.22 > 9mm full size > 9mm CCW > 9mm competition gun > 45/70 revolver.

Then rifles.

The smile on his face was priceless. LOL.

Damn lol i pussed out after a box of 45 70 in a lever and sold the gun and I've been shooting for years lol

Damn lol i pussed out after a box of 45 70 in a lever and sold the gun and I've been shooting for years lol
I just bought a 45/70 lever and it is the most fun rifle I own. It cycles as fast as I can move my hand. Shot 50 rounds on Friday and loved it.

Judge Halts Firing at Gun Range
It's been my experience that most judges care less about justice and more about keeping the peace (usually at the expense of justice).

The fact that the "victim's" house is literally surrounded by heavily forested land is suspicious.

This seems like a long time feud by local residents. If this doesn't work - I'm sure the club is a major contributor to climate change or social injustice. :cool:

Settlement reached in lawsuit against North Attleboro gun club​

• Aug 3, 2022

1 of 2
cloutier bullet 3

A bullet hole is shown in a window of Ronald Cloutier’s home on Chris Drive in North Attleboro in 2015.
  • SUN CHRONICLE FILE PHOTO

cloutier bullet

Projectile Ronald Cloutier said he found at his home on Chris Drive in 2015.

NORTH ATTLEBORO — A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit brought by a group of residents against the Angle Tree Stone Rod & Gun Club and two of its officers.
The case had been scheduled for trial in Bristol County Superior Court but the parties notified the court last week that an agreement had been reached.
The lawyer for The Angle Tree Stone Rod and Gun Club and its two officers said Thursday he was pleased the lawsuit filed against the club by neighbors has been resolved.

“Although I cannot discuss any of the details of the settlement, I can state that Angle Tree is pleased that the case has resolved. Angle Tree is committed to operating a safe shooting facility,” Attorney Eric Goldman of Anderson, Goldman, Tobin & Passciucco LLP said in an email.
The lawsuit was initially filed in 2017 by Ronald Cloutier and Christine White of Chris Drive and was later joined by Michael and Kathy Bartucca and Donald and Donna Holman.
The plaintiffs alleged that bullets fired from the outdoor range at the Kelley Boulevard gun club damaged their homes or property.

They also claimed the defendants were negligent by failing to prevent bullets from leaving the confines of the club, and that negligence caused them emotional distress.
Their neighborhood is about a half-mile down range and separated from the club by woods.
Cloutier and White said in the lawsuit that in 2015 they found a .45-caliber bullet on their bedroom floor and a bullet hole in a window facing the club.
They sought unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
The club and its president, David LaFlamme, and vice president, Theodore Oven (A.K.A. THE RAT), denied the allegations and said the bullets did not came from anyone firing guns at the range.
The settlement comes 10 months after a superior court judge granted the residents a preliminary injunction prohibiting the firing of guns at the club’s outdoor range until safety mechanisms were installed. But can Fudd Central re-open now?

Settlement reached in lawsuit against North Attleboro gun club​

• Aug 3, 2022

1 of 2
cloutier bullet 3

A bullet hole is shown in a window of Ronald Cloutier’s home on Chris Drive in North Attleboro in 2015.
  • SUN CHRONICLE FILE PHOTO

cloutier bullet

Projectile Ronald Cloutier said he found at his home on Chris Drive in 2015.

NORTH ATTLEBORO — A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit brought by a group of residents against the Angle Tree Stone Rod & Gun Club and two of its officers.
The case had been scheduled for trial in Bristol County Superior Court but the parties notified the court last week that an agreement had been reached.
The lawyer for The Angle Tree Stone Rod and Gun Club and its two officers said Thursday he was pleased the lawsuit filed against the club by neighbors has been resolved.

“Although I cannot discuss any of the details of the settlement, I can state that Angle Tree is pleased that the case has resolved. Angle Tree is committed to operating a safe shooting facility,” Attorney Eric Goldman of Anderson, Goldman, Tobin & Passciucco LLP said in an email.
The lawsuit was initially filed in 2017 by Ronald Cloutier and Christine White of Chris Drive and was later joined by Michael and Kathy Bartucca and Donald and Donna Holman.
The plaintiffs alleged that bullets fired from the outdoor range at the Kelley Boulevard gun club damaged their homes or property.

They also claimed the defendants were negligent by failing to prevent bullets from leaving the confines of the club, and that negligence caused them emotional distress.
Their neighborhood is about a half-mile down range and separated from the club by woods.
Cloutier and White said in the lawsuit that in 2015 they found a .45-caliber bullet on their bedroom floor and a bullet hole in a window facing the club.
They sought unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
The club and its president, David LaFlamme, and vice president, Theodore Oven (A.K.A. THE RAT), denied the allegations and said the bullets did not came from anyone firing guns at the range.
The settlement comes 10 months after a superior court judge granted the residents a preliminary injunction prohibiting the firing of guns at the club’s outdoor range until safety mechanisms were installed. But can Fudd Central re-open now?
They should have opted for a trial, I believe reasonable people would have laughed at the idea of a .45 travelling that far through a forest. Maybe someone was pissed at the sun and arced that baby like an artillery round.

They should have opted for a trial, I believe reasonable people would have laughed at the idea of a .45 travelling that far through a forest. Maybe someone was pissed at the sun and arced that baby like an artillery round.
Do you also believe that so called "reasonable people" would have been the majority of the jury?

If you have to hold 6 to 8 feet high (depending on ammo) to hit at 200 yards with a .45 pistol, how high would you have to hold to hit at a half mile? Will that big slow bullet even go that far?

If you have to hold 6 to 8 feet high (depending on ammo) to hit at 200 yards with a .45 pistol, how high would you have to hold to hit at a half mile? Will that big slow bullet even go that far?
a half mile is around 800 yards and you figure the hold for 200 yards is between 6 and 8 feet I would say it was impossible.

This was supposedly during a pin shoot in front of a very high berm. Can’t see it clearing the berm without a ricochet. Can’t see it making it a half mile after a ricochet and projectile looks pristine. Hard to believe that came from the range.

Back
Top Bottom