• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Finally got a chance to get out last night and had a stellar night...First one is my son, all of us on the boat were catching but he had a run of tough luck. He dropped two and had two freak break offs , needless to say he was a bit discouraged watching all of us catch, and even more so by watching me have the "hot hand" on the boat because he always wants to outfish me. Well on the last drift of the night I hear the words I'd been waiting for all night..."I'm on!! Holy Shit it feels big". And it sure was at 46 pounds ! This kid fishes hard, and it pays off.
View attachment 142960,

And this is one of mine , no weight on it but it's the biggest fish I've caught so far. For scale I'm 6'2"..she's the fat girl I've been waiting to slurp my eel..Now to find her bigger sister!!
View attachment 142961
Looks like another good day/night on the water and you're son is experiencing something not many people will.I have fished three different areas in the last week,with plenty of fish at times,nothing of that size.Save some for me!

Am I the only one that EVERY SINGLE time this shows up in my feed I read it as "stripper season coming soon"? I never knew they had a season......

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Been too busy to post! Here's my haul from Monday, not bad 291 lbs
61d450b8c0d40d9c1c462b11a791dfbe.jpg

Spent a day fishing with an old friend.He's one of the 5% that survived a brain aneursym and was given the ok to go!Here are a few we released to catch another day!

Last edited:
This weekend's morning high tide times are perfect for me, too bad forecasted 20+ mph winds out of the NE are going to keep me and my yak in freshwater. I may have to get some really light gear to make the LMB fights seem harder.

I was fishing all week with one or two other boats around.Tried to get another late night fishing trip in,but found more boats than fish.This is what it looks like when the word gets out.

Back
Top Bottom