Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Im staying at the Oceans Edge. I'm gonna hit the Brewster flats tonight with some pencil poppers. Probably mostly Blues and schoolies from what I hear, but I don't care.
The wife and daughter want to go shopping in P-town, so the boy and I are gonna tag along and throw some lines in while we wait.
We usually do a charter too. I'm thinking I may see if I can get something out of Chatham tomorrow.

I went out on the Brewster flats once years ago. I won't get into the long story but lets just say it involved swimming back to shore with our keepers and gear late at night while fairly liquored up. It's amazing we even found our way back to shore, honestly.

I went out on the Brewster flats once years ago. I won't get into the long story but lets just say it involved swimming back to shore with our keepers and gear late at night while fairly liquored up. It's amazing we even found our way back to shore, honestly.
That's the thing the guy at the bait store warned me about too. We'll be cautious. Thanks.

Probably for the best anyhow, if you're gonna be fishing out in the P-town area. Check out the big boy spotted right off the damn sand at Herring Cove in P-town just a few days ago. The screaming kids and cursing woman are a little overkill though. Jeeziz people, you should know there are sharks around the Cape this time of year by now.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Shark-Spotted-at-Cape-Cod-Beach-321831552.html

Good thing I only swim on the bay side. Lol. Maybe I'll hook up on that monster.

Yes sir.I'm the dashingly handsom individual on the right. Paul's been a friend of mine for a while. I've always been more comfortable in my wetsuit on a rock somewhere, but I'm getting the hang of this boat thing..and boat guys dont mind me putting fish on their deck at all.

AHH all coming together now, I did the electronics in Paul's boat, and took my captains course with him.... small world!

Another good night last night..Had our commercial limit in 2 hours.
View attachment 144181

Yeah I had 10 by 2AM then got wrapped up in a lobster pot, took a bit to deal with that wound up finding a giant school all by myself and finished up.
46e016ead0856ce24c6806038cefa109.jpg
595f35633b6dfa8a5ea3847268a4d5fb.jpg
3d5d4cb32926a142d3f81dab4055ee7a.jpg
99b26d0616bca8d57eca025654d427bf.jpg

Im staying at the Oceans Edge. I'm gonna hit the Brewster flats tonight with some pencil poppers. Probably mostly Blues and schoolies from what I hear, but I don't care.
The wife and daughter want to go shopping in P-town, so the boy and I are gonna tag along and throw some lines in while we wait.
We usually do a charter too. I'm thinking I may see if I can get something out of Chatham tomorrow.

If you can't get a charter out of Chatham,two of the Sesuit boats were out yesterday evening.Unlike Rock Harbor,they can fish any tide!They were casting bait in to schools of big bass.I ended up with a 42 inch fish from the same school of fish!

Your last picture is why I carried a mask and fins with me.Downsized and now I can tilt the outboard...hate it when it's your own trap!

i have a mask and fins, Water was cold, it was dark and there's 300 guys not paying attention to whats going on.... since I still had forward and reverse I opted to deal with it. honestly my boat isn't very big (24ft 9.8ft wide) but wouldn't trade the Inboard configuration or diesel engine for the world!

- - - Updated - - -

Small world indeed! That must have been you I saw with the motor up trying to free something from your prop!

nope my motor is in the console and my prop doesn't tilt.... I just cut it off and dragged it around till i got back on the trailer. See the picture below... Kind of a rare bird but I only burn 6 gallons an hour @18kts she's very efficient! Also easy to walk a fish around the whole boat if need be
09454cff9b5ddbd9af10e558a926796a.jpg
ec68a037df40d054783ead90605fa44c.jpg

Last edited:
i have a mask and fins, Water was cold, it was dark and there's 300 guys not paying attention to whats going on.... since I still had forward and reverse I opted to deal with it. honestly my boat isn't very big (24ft 9.8ft wide) but wouldn't trade the Inboard configuration or diesel engine for the world!

- - - Updated - - -

nope my motor is in the console and my prop doesn't tilt.... I just cut it off and dragged it around till i got back on the trailer. See the picture below... Kind of a rare bird but I only burn 6 gallons an hour @18kts she's very efficient! Also easy to walk a fish around the whole boat if need be
No chance I'd have jumped in either. Too many bumper boats and people yelling at each other. I'm working on my boat ho skills so if you ever need anyone to fish let me know.

No chance I'd have jumped in either. Too many bumper boats and people yelling at each other. I'm working on my boat ho skills so if you ever need anyone to fish let me know.

There was a pretty substantial collision that night actually
7035df23a384f0616d2fcbfef3e903c2.jpg

We heard a few "things going bump in the night" and a whole lot of yelling. I'm amazed at the amount of guys that cruise through the fleet with no lights on at all.

To be perfectly honest if I find a pile of fish outside of the fleet I turn all my lights off. But if I am in the fleet there is no point as there is no hiding

Back
Top Bottom