Stuck my first archery deer today

rocket500

NES Member
Just a little button buck, had passed on a pile of does this season so far but we’re down to the wire on archery season so today it was getting shot if it was a deer. I’ll be picky in gun season then. Smoked him from ~30 yards, ran 50 yards and piled up. Hit both lungs & heart.

Attachments

• DF861A2D-3DD8-451A-9D04-C49510461680.jpeg
    DF861A2D-3DD8-451A-9D04-C49510461680.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 112
Put a lot of effort into learning bow hunting this year. Expect next year I will stick a nice buck.

Last edited:
You never forget your first!
Nice job.
30 yrs later and I still get that heart beating out of my chest feeling, every time they get close enough for an arrow.

congrats.

Can't you continue to bow hunt in guns allowed season? I was under the impression that was allowed (but not the other way around).

congrats.

Can't you continue to bow hunt in guns allowed season? I was under the impression that was allowed (but not the other way around).
You can but depending on your hunting area, it can get kind of busy with the shotgunners in the woods. The deer get on edge and the normal patterns get disturbed so all your pre-season scouting goes out the window.

There are some properties in my town that are bow only but I agree the deer behavior totally changes when gun season starts. Also the rut is ending and the bucks become a bit more nocturnal again.

Nice job rocket.!! You’ll never get em if you aren’t out there. I only started bow hunting in 2012 at 47 years old. Been successful all but that first year. Nice bucks can be elusive, so don’t pass those does. I got a doe 1/09 and just got my best buck ever.... today!
I bow hunt right through December in a town that does not allow any firearms. Congratulations and Keep at it.

Nice job on your biggest buck ever. I had several close calls with nice bucks this year but it didn’t quite click for various reasons. But one shot, one kill for me with the bow and I’m pleased by that.

Nice job rocket.!! You’ll never get em if you aren’t out there. I only started bow hunting in 2012 at 47 years old. Been successful all but that first year. Nice bucks can be elusive, so don’t pass those does. I got a doe 1/09 and just got my best buck ever.... today!
I bow hunt right through December in a town that does not allow any firearms. Congratulations and Keep at it.

Just a little button buck, had passed on a pile of does this season so far but we’re down to the wire on archery season so today it was getting shot if it was a deer. I’ll be picky in gun season then. Smoked him from ~30 yards, ran 50 yards and piled up. Hit both lungs & heart.

Congrats to you!!

Back
Top Bottom