Stun Guns in MA? Anyone want one or know someone who does.

I would like to speak with anyone living in MA that might want to legally own a stun gun and has a good story as to why they think a stun gun might be an appropriate self defense option. If you or someone you know fits this description, please have them contact me at: [email protected]. Please do NOT PM me. I only want to hear from individual willing to tell their story.

Thanks!

I’ve personally always thought that they are a viable option. There are times when protection is needed other than deadly force, having another option is always a good thing.

I’ve been approached in the past by inebriated folks, they’re boisterous, unpredictable and present a threat, however in these situations I would not want to use deadly force if the situation turned nasty.

I ride an unusual motorbike which some times attracts unwanted attention, I walk most nights down an unlit bike path, with darker nights on there way by the time I reach the parking lot after my round trip it’s pitch black. You meet all sorts on that path from animals to two legged folks that you are a little leery of. Again having some thing a little stronger than pepper spray but not deadly in my mind is safer for everyone. My wife is not anti firearm but would never carry one, she would carry a less deadly option such as a stun gun. I would like to keep my options open, appraise the situation and decide if I need t use delay force or a simple shock and awe approach.

If I had a choice between a close up stun gun or a stun gun/taser combination that shoots out at a distance and works close up if need, I would prefer the latter.

just my 2 cents, not worth as much as it used to.

harry

My girlfriend and I got our ltc's at the same time. Although its been a while she's made it pretty clear that she likes shooting and feels much more secure when we go out and I have a firearm, she's made it clear that she is not sure she could do the same. The problem for her is not that she would have a problem defending herself, but rather that living in a home with her roommates children and working a job where firearms are forbidden, more problems arise and the chances for accidents increase. In this world, a tazer might make a good option, While you are probably justified in shooting someone in a scenario where you are going to taze them, the world of accidents a person can more readily shake off a taze than a bullet. Its not to say a tazer cant be lethal, but rather, if there is an accident the chances of taking it back are much greater. I've often thought about getting one for my girlfriend, but given the law pepper spray will have to do.

This would be cool for cats...

taser-shotgun.jpg

I've always wanted one for protecting people at close range, especially where pepper spray wont work.

BJJ + stun gun would wreck your shit pretty good

A friend of a friend that I know got his gf and her sister tazers (contact only) when the gf was working closing shifts and her sister was commuting to and from college late at night. It was a great less lethal tool to keep them safe and the sound alone would make criminals look for an easier target.

Never really looked into the, since they are fake illegal here, but how do the laws work in most places? Can you only use them if threatened with deadly force or can you use them more like OC?

Does shooting a lead slug then dousing to wound with sulfuric acid count? I mean, it could produce a current.

Does shooting a lead slug then dousing to wound with sulfuric acid count? I mean, it could produce a current.

That's just plain mean. Douse liberally with H2SO4, then after a dozen or so minutes, apply lead slug to ease the pain...

Last edited:
I hope you have a good flashlight on your walks. There are so many good powerful flashlights now that can be used to blind and disorient an attacker.

I’ve personally always thought that they are a viable option. There are times when protection is needed other than deadly force, having another option is always a good thing.

I’ve been approached in the past by inebriated folks, they’re boisterous, unpredictable and present a threat, however in these situations I would not want to use deadly force if the situation turned nasty.

I ride an unusual motorbike which some times attracts unwanted attention, I walk most nights down an unlit bike path, with darker nights on there way by the time I reach the parking lot after my round trip it’s pitch black. You meet all sorts on that path from animals to two legged folks that you are a little leery of. Again having some thing a little stronger than pepper spray but not deadly in my mind is safer for everyone. My wife is not anti firearm but would never carry one, she would carry a less deadly option such as a stun gun. I would like to keep my options open, appraise the situation and decide if I need t use delay force or a simple shock and awe approach.

If I had a choice between a close up stun gun or a stun gun/taser combination that shoots out at a distance and works close up if need, I would prefer the latter.

just my 2 cents, not worth as much as it used to.

harry

I have nothing against civilians using tasers. I think we should be able to own them. However I wouldn't carry one because mainly the taser is used to temporarily incapacitate someone so they can be hand cuffed. I do carry an MK-3 size pepper spray with me along with my concealed carry weapon of the day.

However pepper spray shouldn't be stored in a vehicle especially in the summer the can could pop open... A stun gun/taser would be a good alternative to throw in a glove box and carry in a remora holster for when you can't carry a gun. Plus with a taser you wouldn't have to worry about it blowing up in your car like a can of pepper spray could.

Why I would buy a stunt gun...hmmm.
Let's see elderly mother that doesn't like firearms. Same for my sisters.
It would probably work on large dogs trying to do you harm.
It's a non-lethal option when used properly that would compliment mace well.
It sure would beat going hand to hand with a violent person!
Because I'm not 18 years old anymore!

I would like to speak with anyone living in MA that might want to legally own a stun gun and has a good story as to why they think a stun gun might be an appropriate self defense option. If you or someone you know fits this description, please have them contact me at: [email protected]. Please do NOT PM me. I only want to hear from individual willing to tell their story.

Thanks!

After reading through this thread, I feel your pain. Stay well and keep fighting the good fight.
Best regards.

I hope you have a good flashlight on your walks. There are so many good powerful flashlights now that can be used to blind and disorient an attacker.

There's actually an interesting device that takes that to the extreme.

My department was looking into them (A version with an attached OC can), but decided not to go with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be following this with interest. It would be a great option for Security officers (especially doormen/bouncers), DV victims, etc. But expect MA to create a whole new class of LTC, and at least a few of our fine cities and towns In the People's Republic of MA to try to outright ban their possession.

Back
Top Bottom