Stupid things gun counter clerks say

I bring a 500 count box of 180gr lead flat point bullets to the counter marked 10mm.

Clerk: "Ooh, 10MM."
Me: "Yeah, ran out of bullets, gotta load up some more .40's."
Clerk: "But these are for 10mm." [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Actually my interactions with Wal-Mart wrt guns have been mostly positive. Salem, NH store, can't remember the guys name. He was pretty knowledgeable but did say something to the effect that people end up buying an AR-15 from their store and then sell it to the guys "up the road" for three times as much.

I didn't get it and when I asked for an explanation, I was more confused.

They sell ARs at NH walmarts now?

My photo looks like a sex offenders photo hanging in the lobby of the lps.

Every time I show it to a store etc . They start laughing and ask how I got my ltc with this photo.
My hair was a mess since I came from work .
I nearly had to come back to be get printed again since my finger prints where all cut up and burnt ...

[pics]

a2e3ygu5.jpg

clerk told me speer gold dots were "junk" bc apparently some homey was shot with a 165gr .40 speer gd while wearing a puffer jacket and it didn't penetrate through the jacket. Not sure if that story is true, and even if it was, i'd bet is was a defective cartridge. Frankly I think that if a speer gold dot moving at a thousand fps give or take won't go through homey's triple fat goose then no bullet from another manufacturer would. Further I don't believe a puffer jacket will stop any bullet traveling around a thousand fps. So either the story was BS, or it had to have been a defective cartridge.

Not true. Wyclef's song "Bubblegoose" clearly proves that you a Bubblegoose isn't bulletproof. Granted, he didn't explicitly say it was a .40 SGD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, my aunt was victim to a stupid gun counter clerk (wish I had been there to straighten him out). She bought a perfectly good S&W 642LS (38spl+P) for CCW so overall the purchase fits her fine but the clerk told her that with that gun and the 38spl+P cartridge, it was quite adequate for stopping bears that may stray onto her property (she lives way up in the woods). Now I can see giving the usual black bear another thought about messing with you if you are using a heavy 38spl+P out of perhaps a Marlin 1894 leveraction rifle, but dont go telling your customers the same cartridge is going to help you much when its leaving a 1.875" barreled snubby.

One time I was in this gun store called Four Seasons or something, and this wackjob behind the counter named Carl told me....

...just kidding, Carl is awesome. :)

Lol , the cop new me from dealing with the family next door .

Yesterday me and coldayinhell where told that its illegal to shoot silhouette targets in mass . Cause a cop told the person that told us they are ...

I tried to explain its only if the club has a weird permit to store guns etc and only one club in mass had it . We tried to tell the person some clubs don't allow them but gave up.

Oh, had a good one the other week: was having a conversation about licensing in MA, and I explained the steps I went through to get my machine gun license:

Clerk: "Those aren't real"
Me: "..... What?"
Clerk: "Machine gun licenses, they're not real. Just a myth. Mass would NEVER give out something like that"
Me: *take out MGL, slap it on counter*
"Here ya go"
Clerk: *inspects card closely*
"What kind of ****ty printer did you make THIS THING on?? The photo is blurry, the Commonwealth logo looks like crap, the fingerprint is a blob. Maybe this'll fool amateurs, but don't peddle this BS in here. No one has machine guns in MA, they're illegal"

Doesn't EVERYONE'S FID/LTC look like crap? You really, honestly can't fix stupid.
[rofl]

Me: "Okay, I'll take this (WWII milsurp something or other). If you'd rather, we can just do a licensee to licensee transfer. Here's my CRFFL."
Owner: "No way, that's only good if it's at least a hundred years old and there's no ammo made for it."
Me: "....?"

Me: "Okay, I'll take this (WWII milsurp something or other). If you'd rather, we can just do a licensee to licensee transfer. Here's my CRFFL."
Owner: "No way, that's only good if it's at least a hundred years old and there's no ammo made for it."
Me: "....?"

Was this in NH? Good lord.

My photo looks like a sex offenders photo hanging in the lobby of the lps.

Every time I show it to a store etc . They start laughing and ask how I got my ltc with this photo.
My hair was a mess since I came from work .
I nearly had to come back to be get printed again since my finger prints where all cut up and burnt ...

Not cool .... Some one remind me to pay lol.

Hey - pay for the Monadnock R&G - Gunpowderpig Firearms Festival V - Pig Roast and Car Shoot.

Now.

I actually had a good one with my friend Shawn. Went looking for .223 at walmart, and asked what she had. She said she had to bulk packs left, she had gotten four in, but picked up two for her boyfriend. [laugh]

A couple hours ago, at a LGS, I saw 9mm ammo. There was CCI blazer brass and Federal hydra shok JHP. I asked to buy a few boxes of hydra shok and a box of CCI, the clerk said "you don't want those federals, that's for personal protection." I wanted to ---> [slap]

This happened to me at Spags in Shrewsbury a long time ago. The clerk had worked the sporting goods counter for at least 20 years.

Me " Do you have any 243 Winchester ammo?"
Spags guy "I need to know the caliber not the model number of the rifle."
Me " That is the caliber."
Spags guy "No, I need to know the caliber, not the model number."
Me "The rifle is a Browning BLR. The caliber is .243 Winchester. You carry Remington and some Federal ammo. They both make .243 Winchester. Do you have any?"
Spags guy "I need to know the caliber of the rifle."

This happened to me at Spags in Shrewsbury a long time ago. The clerk had worked the sporting goods counter for at least 20 years.

Me "The rifle is a Browning BLR. The caliber is .243 Winchester. You carry Remington and some Federal ammo. They both make .243 Winchester. Do you have any?"

Was it one of those times when you can see the ammo right in front of you?

Had some thing like that happen at daddy's junkie music. Needed strings for my acoustic bass guitar.

Clerk "they don't make them"

Me" I just bought my bass from this store a month ago"

Clerk" you mean a upright bass, they don't make a acoustic bass guitar "

Me "you ****ing dumbass what are those two fenders sitting on the walk"

Clerk"o they just use normal bass strings then"

Me " turn the **** around and hand me those strings "
Manger watching the whole time " sorry he's a drummer"

Did you ask if there was someone else you can talk to? Did you walk away in disgust? I need closure here, dammit! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom