Sturbridge Area Hams?

Anyone in the Sturbridge area? I am elmering a new ham and was wondering if there were any NES ham folks here locally. Looking to generate a little local activity to help this guy learn the ropes as he is a real newbie and would be nice for him if he had some friendly help on the air.

- Rob

Last edited:
Can he hit the Paxton Repeater? I would be more then happy to help out.
N1HM
John

Probably. We have been sporadically meeting and I have been giving him basic radio lessons. I plan on loaning him a 2m rig but he is very interested in HF as well. If you are in Wilbraham, maybe Monson repeater would be better. Next time I get together with him I'll see if I can get him on the air and maybe we can set up a schedule and break him in. ;)

Thanks!

- Rob

Probably. We have been sporadically meeting and I have been giving him basic radio lessons. I plan on loaning him a 2m rig but he is very interested in HF as well. If you are in Wilbraham, maybe Monson repeater would be better. Next time I get together with him I'll see if I can get him on the air and maybe we can set up a schedule and break him in. ;)

Thanks!

- Rob

Same here. If he can hit Paxton or WPI, I would be happy to jump on and chat. Hell, with my VHF setup, I can hit pretty much any repeater in Central MA.

Back
Top Bottom