• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sturbridge Show Jan 5-6

Never been. But I’m thinking about going. I’ve heard the Marlborough show is better, but that’s a few weeks away and I need something to do on Saturday.

fwiw, I like this show. not usually terrible busy(people there perusing) so I don't find Im saying excuse me and snaking through the crowd which is nice. Unless the place/building in Sturbridge has another even on the grounds going on in one of their other rooms, parking is more than ample as well as free. you see a decent amount of shops from central MA showing up. the place is usually light on ammo vendors, only one I believe, so unless it's something you 'need' or is 'special or odd' I usually just buy elsewhere like TSUSA! There is TWO (2) rooms at this show. I capitalized it as sometimes people don't realize this and leave without seeing it. for the money, like 11 bucks, I'd be mad if I missed a room too. believe you can print a dollar off coupon from the promoters website, or bring the mailer card if you've signed up for them and receive it.

This show isn't terribly far from me, although the west Springfield show is closer I usually prefer this one over that, for a few reasons. Marlboro I don't usually bother with even though it is a good show just because of the distance I have to drive, so this is kinda my yearly gun show fix. Sturbridge is a nice back roads ride for me from where I live. maybe 35 40 minutes although the lsat few years Ive went it was snowing that day so perhaps a few minutes longer. I always either stop at the hotdog place(it is very small in the corner of the adjacent building) in the plaza next to where the show is(behind mc ds). or I will stop at BT's smokehouse. they are great barbecue, and if I don't find anything at the show, going to BT's makes my whole trip worthwhile anyway. Treehouse brewing is up the street in Charlton, so for you craft brew drinkers this can really be a nice day trip. Gun show to brewery and then to BT's. likely gonna be my schedule for this Saturday! BT's is byob, you see a lot of treehouse in there being drank. their for is amazing. usually a small wait but so worth it. if you can time it non peak hours when you're leaving the show and not right at lunch you're gtg. sorry for long winded response. now I really can't wait for Saturday! myself and fellow new member 351ltd will be attending. if anyone wants pm me and we can exchange #'s and maybe grab a bite or just meet face to face at the show and say hello.

happy 2019 everyone

It’s a little different show as there are a bunch of different venders which lean toward more antique weapons. There are modern gun vendors, but they are not the bulk of them.

Not a fan multiple rooms lot of antique guns if that’s your thing. The lighting is terrible in that venue.
100% right about the lighting. Bring a flashlight. Yes, I'm serious.

It's mostly an antiques show anyway. Probably interesting to some, but not productive for me.

Was there today. Pretty good show if you are into old guns. Definitely not the show if you are looking for a new black gun or non-firearm trinkets. Was a vendor with the largest supply M1, M1 Carbine and 45 parts I have ever seen at a GS. Like 4 tables of plastic ammo boxes full of parts. Quite a few CT gun sellers also.

decent show, although I couldn't find some random stuff I was expecting, like a new punch set and some snap caps. guess I should've just bought em last week online. all in all not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning. se some cool stuff, say hi to a few people I haven't seen in a bit.

was real disappointed BT's smokehouse was closed. holiday break or something from 12/31-1/8...got a hotdog next to the show instead.
also hoped to see the vendor that sells all sorts of soft cases. would've picked up another had they been there. perhaps next show I attend, or Ill just get that offline too. gun shows aren't the place to get 'deals'. but there sure is a lot of stuff all compiled together that you can actually hold before you buy,
fwiw...
any who, if you're local and have Sunday available it isn't the worst way to spend an afternoon

The dark multiple rooms has caused me to stop going to Sturbridge. Kinfolk BBQ opening 3 miles from my house also hasn't helped the Sturbridge case. I love BT's, but not enough to drive all that way when great BBQ is around the corner. LOL

I was there 8 months ago for the State FFA Convention. It was interesting to see a NON gun event there. LOL. I took my wife out to dinner at the restaurant across the parking lot. More of a bar than a restaurant but it was nice. Same quaint old-american feel to it.

I remember back in the 80's when that hotel/convention center was REALLY nice. I wanna say it was a Marriott at the time. It's definitely feeling it's age. I wonder if it'll make it another 10 years.

fwiw, I like this show. not usually terrible busy(people there perusing) so I don't find Im saying excuse me and snaking through the crowd which is nice. Unless the place/building in Sturbridge has another even on the grounds going on in one of their other rooms, parking is more than ample as well as free. you see a decent amount of shops from central MA showing up. the place is usually light on ammo vendors, only one I believe, so unless it's something you 'need' or is 'special or odd' I usually just buy elsewhere like TSUSA! There is TWO (2) rooms at this show. I capitalized it as sometimes people don't realize this and leave without seeing it. for the money, like 11 bucks, I'd be mad if I missed a room too. believe you can print a dollar off coupon from the promoters website, or bring the mailer card if you've signed up for them and receive it.

This show isn't terribly far from me, although the west Springfield show is closer I usually prefer this one over that, for a few reasons. Marlboro I don't usually bother with even though it is a good show just because of the distance I have to drive, so this is kinda my yearly gun show fix. Sturbridge is a nice back roads ride for me from where I live. maybe 35 40 minutes although the lsat few years Ive went it was snowing that day so perhaps a few minutes longer. I always either stop at the hotdog place(it is very small in the corner of the adjacent building) in the plaza next to where the show is(behind mc ds). or I will stop at BT's smokehouse. they are great barbecue, and if I don't find anything at the show, going to BT's makes my whole trip worthwhile anyway. Treehouse brewing is up the street in Charlton, so for you craft brew drinkers this can really be a nice day trip. Gun show to brewery and then to BT's. likely gonna be my schedule for this Saturday! BT's is byob, you see a lot of treehouse in there being drank. their for is amazing. usually a small wait but so worth it. if you can time it non peak hours when you're leaving the show and not right at lunch you're gtg. sorry for long winded response. now I really can't wait for Saturday! myself and fellow new member 351ltd will be attending. if anyone wants pm me and we can exchange #'s and maybe grab a bite or just meet face to face at the show and say hello.

happy 2019 everyone
Bt's is closed til Tuesday the 11th

I think y’all missed it.
I made it to the 2019 show. And have tomorrow off. Looks like ill be going to Sturbridge tomorrow. Will try for opening in the morning but after 56 hours and still working sunday im gonna enjoy sleeping in a bit tomorrow. Hell i could care less if i still wake up early, so long as it isn’t to the sound of that goddamn alarm.

The snow was off by a day. For a few years straight itd snow on the way to this show.

Btw For anyone who has not been to this one before parking is free unlike the big e show. There is also two rooms that they use, separated by a winding corridor. There has been times when I heard people walking out saying wow that was really small, not knowing there was a whole other room.

Back
Top Bottom