• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Success in clearing up an old case

nstassel

NES Member
20190507_130715.jpg My client has had an ltc for decades and recently got rejected on a renewal. The police were useless in helping him. I got his old probation card which led to two cases from 1971. One I got from the basement in Malden District Court but that was only a driving offense.

The second case from bmc was a robbery and assault and battery. The robbery was dismissed by no probable cause but the ab was guilty. I was able to locate this page in the papers. My client's middle initial is not G, and he's not born in 1947.

Now I have to get this off his record, mircs, and nics.

Last edited:
So basically this guy was screwed because of a transcription error based off someone else's record? (same name, different guy) ?

Nice work!

-Mike

So basically this guy was screwed because of a transcription error based off someone else's record? (same name, different guy) ?

Nice work!

-Mike
Exactly and it's not even very close. We were lucky that a middle initial and dob was there. Otherwise I'd have to try to convince a judge that his dd214 proved he was at the time deployed.

So basically,

The state now has the time to dig back to 1971 arrest records and reject anyone with a similar name for a gun permit.

So basically,

The state now has the time to dig back to 1971 arrest records and reject anyone with a similar name for a gun permit.

But they can't process tax returns accurately or on time.

So basically,

This was a mistake on his handwritten probation card from 1971 but those are being entered into mircs which causes the problem.

I count at least three typos, one major inconsistency (spelling of plaintiff's name) and miscellaneous grammatical errors on that card. It's a shame that such careless record keeping can screw up a persons life.

Back
Top Bottom