Suddenly can’t connect to NES on my work computer

Whutmeworry

NES Member
NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
As of yesterday I’m having a huge problem connecting to the NES website on my work computer. I don’t think I’m being intentionally blocked. The message I get after entering the site address into my browser (internet explorer- the only browser available to me as a government employee) is the “this page can’t be displayed” error message. Unfortunately the administrators have near total control over my settings, but until yesterday that didn’t seem to matter. I’ve never had a problem connecting until yesterday. Has something technical changed on the website in the last couple of days that might be causing this?

you say internet explorer is the only browser available...so you can't install another browser on your machine?...is this because you aren't an administrator on your computer?

i had a similar problem with them blocking other browsers...i am able to install chrome but i have to rename the chrome.exe file to chrome1.exe or something different and then it will work

Could still be a content filter, looks like NES redirects to an HTTPS connection, many content filters will just show up as a 'can't make connection' type error on an encrypted connection

IIRC you can install either chrome or Firefox to run on a thumb drive. Unless they block you from connecting thumb drives too.

Start at the beginning. Open command prompt by running cmd.exe, at the prompt type

Ping northeastshooters.com

If it resolves an IP address then you DNS is working. If the ping works then nothing is stopping that protocol and chances are your web access to the site is being blocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Don't risk your job for a website. Make sure you don't violate your IT rules. Surf off a private phone with a cellular connection.

This. I can't imagine typing in anything personal into a work / public computer.

Back
Top Bottom