• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suggesting a new feature. The DUPE button.

How about making a "Dupe" button that will report the dupes to the mod team.
i didn't realize the mods cared as much about dupes as some of our over zealous members did. the dupe threads don't go away and i don't recall the thread being locked, sooo.... besides, some take great delight with their position on the dupe police. but what do i know.

I think the who dupe thing is way overblown. It's so easy to just scroll past stuff. I don't understand why it's become such a big deal with some people. Dupe threads tend to get merged together pretty quickly, and duplicate posts in the funny video thread aren't such a big deal. Just scroll past.

I think the who dupe thing is way overblown. It's so easy to just scroll past stuff. I don't understand why it's become such a big deal with some people. Dupe threads tend to get merged together pretty quickly, and duplicate posts in the funny video thread aren't such a big deal. Just scroll past.
This.

Or if it really bothers you, use the report button and say "dupe" etc.

Its because we want everyone to feel special....A thumbs down would make someone sad......Lets go with this instead.....[rofl]

View attachment 331220

True. True. I’d think that a thumbs down tho may at least save some folks from having to feel like they have to start throwing F bombs at the opposing poster just out of lack of choices. lol
Human nature, give them an easy way out and they’ll take it, if not they’ll fight.

Last edited:
some software packages allow moderators to merge threads when they are covering the same topic.

I don't know if the BB package this forum uses has that feature.

Back
Top Bottom