Suggestions for a good 9mm competition gun?

So I'm about to get into IDPA next month at the GOAL clinic. I guess I'm confused with what people are shooting. I was planning to use my M&P9c with a Greg Derr trigger. Would i need to alter it further to make it more competitive?

That really depends on what you want to do....

So I'm about to get into IDPA next month at the GOAL clinic. I guess I'm confused with what people are shooting. I was planning to use my M&P9c with a Greg Derr trigger. Would i need to alter it further to make it more competitive?
Convert it to an M&P9L? [laugh]

Just take it as is to a few IDPA matches and see if you like it. If you get interested in it and want to run with the big dogs, a compact pistol with a short sight radius just isn't going to keep up with a fullsize pistol with a longer sight radius. That's why Glock 34s and the like rule SSP.

take it as is to a few IDPA matches and see if you like it. If you get interested in it and want to run with the big dogs, a compact pistol with a short sight radius just isn't going to keep up with a fullsize pistol with a longer sight radius. That's why Glock 34s and the like rule SSP.

I would 2nd this advice. The great part about IDPA is typically you will have some gear that is good enough to start with and depending on how quickly your skillset grows good enough to compete with..

I shot a Walther PPS the other night at a practice and I was very surprised how competitive I was with it despite its small size, IWB, no mag pouch's. One of the things you will hear a few times in your life "Its usually the Indian not the arrow"

Take the class without dropping $ on new equipment and first see if you like it, once that happens come to some events learn the game and then start worrying about what gun should you be shooting.....

PS It should be a M&P Pro VS a G34 [smile]

How does one obtain a 9L in Mass ?

Cash is typically accepted for guns..

Back
Top Bottom