• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Summer Vacation?

It is a solo stove. That was our first time using it. My brother in law got one so when we came home my wife ordered it for me. It is the ranger size which is the smallest. It works well. Just wish it was a little bigger. Not much bigger but maybe an inch. The wood you can buy at the store is just a hair too large to fit perfectly. The next size up might be just a bit too big for us. I love it for its portability. We added the stand and the cover. Don't regret the purchase one bit.

If you're close to Blackstone, MA I'm off the next two weeks. Come check it out. It will be going.
turns out my neighbor has the bonfire I think, pretty good size.

The point I’m trying to make is, just because you’re camping, doesn’t mean you need to eat like a homeless person. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had my camping trips where meals were simple. But don’t sell yourself short. Enjoy the tranquility in every way possible. You’ll be amazed at what it does for you.
Exactly. I love your camping vehicle (especially the swing-out table). I still use my beater Civic for outdoor stuff. This morning, I just threw a bunch of random stuff in the car, gonna hit the NH mountains after work today, trout fishing, hammock tent, disposable grill with some sausages and peppers, jetboil coffee, etc.
And you're right. Peace and quiet is worth a million bucks. I used to go on fancy vacations, cruises, resorts, etc. But now I'll take the great outdoors, a grill, tent, beer, smokes, fishing stream, mountain hiking, ANY day of the week. We're very fortunate to be located near such greatness.

Back
Top Bottom