• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Summers coming. Who's getting ready to change over their CCW and method of carry?

Since I moved to NC I'm not to concerned about concealment. I am more concerned about comfort. Example carrying a Sig P226 isn't that hard but becomes in issue when I am in a modern car with bucket seats. I have no idea how cops do it for a whole shift. Modern car seats tend to hug the body somewhat probably for Safety issues. So fullsize Semi auto carry is a pain.. However.. full size revolver carry with Panel wooden grips or typical pachmayer grips isn't

My Set-up
Daily Carry During the week: Sig P365 Stock with the flat baseplate 10 round mag in a 508 IWB holster with metal monoclips (in scrubs AFTER work locked in my car off work property).

Weekends/off days

S&W 3913 or S&W 6946, Model 64 4 inch .38 Revolver or Model 10 Snub nose .38 Revolver, in IWB Alien Gear or whatever leather or Safari land holster , or old cop holster I have it depends if I'm open carrying or not or if I'm going to the store etc.

Around the house is the S&W 642 J frame. I live in a very rural area.... IF something were to happen the Remington 870 is cruiser ready

This is a classic example of a tradeoff when it comes to CCW. No one method works for all situations.

I always carry the way these guys carry.

View attachment 744844
You left out the Rock:
NA

Prepare to be influenced:
This is why so many of us now use Hill People Gear Kit Bags. Keep your pistol and some other gear that you always want on you and it fits between the straps of your backpack.
IMG_8339_1000.JPG
In front? I hope you're kidding. That thing is like a suitcase!

Not directed at you.

Changing method of carry and weapon for the season is one of the most retarded things anyone can do.

Ha, no way i could think that is directed at me.

I change every year and that is how I train. I really enjoy summer carry as it’s so damn easy. As long as you train with it I see no problem.

Folks who carry bigger guns in the winter - how do you plan on drawing from under your jacket?

Jacket?

People still wear jackets? I'm a hoodie guy all year long. If it gets cold, I just add another hoodie.

My gun choices are usually based on which belt happens to already be on which pair of pants or shorts. Lol.

Not directed at you.

Changing method of carry and weapon for the season is one of the most retarded things anyone can do.
I pocket carry one of those micro compacts when in work because I have to and iwb a G19 outside of work regardless of season. I practice both draws (God forbid I ever have to draw from the pocket quickly under duress) and it's always in the back of my mind that in an emergency situation I'll reach for the pocket when I'm iwb or vice versa.

I've tried to make aiwb work in an attempt to standardize work/non work carry but it hasn't gone well so far.

As it gets more toasty here in southern AZ, I'll begin to transition from carrying my Sig P229 high OWB to pocket carrying a S&W model 60. Unless I'm out hiking. Up in Madera Canyon where there's bear activity, I'll open carry the GP100. Other places, I'll just open carry the sig.

I pocket carry one of those micro compacts when in work because I have to and iwb a G19 outside of work regardless of season. I practice both draws (God forbid I ever have to draw from the pocket quickly under duress) and it's always in the back of my mind that in an emergency situation I'll reach for the pocket when I'm iwb or vice versa.

I've tried to make aiwb work in an attempt to standardize work/non work carry but it hasn't gone well so far.
The Micro- semi autos are a game changer! for the most part except at home has replaced my J frame snub.

I'm a hoodie guy all year long. If it gets cold, I just add another hoodie.
Hoodie? What are you, a 13 year old from the city?

Grownups usually call them sweatshirts. Sweatshirts are fine for a jog, or maybe going to Home Depot, or the range, or for a beer with some friends. You can't really wear one if you are going out to dinner with other grownups.

That said, the front pocket on one isn't a horrible place for a small gun, as long as you're not moving around too much.

Hoodie? What are you, a 13 year old from the city?

Grownups usually call them sweatshirts. Sweatshirts are fine for a jog, or maybe going to Home Depot, or the range, or for a beer with some friends. You can't really wear one if you are going out to dinner with other grownups.

That said, the front pocket on one isn't a horrible place for a small gun, as long as you're not moving around too much.
Okay.

Since I bought the 365 it has been pretty much year round.

I used to pocket carry a PM9 in the hottest weather, but a stock 365 carries so easily. I do occasionally carry something bigger in the cold weather. Not at all worried about changing guns. I pretty much carry in the same 4 o'clock position, unless I am wearing a shoulder rig. Doesn't really matter what is in the holster. I know how to grab it and put the bullets where I generally want them to go.

Since I moved to NC I'm not to concerned about concealment. I am more concerned about comfort. Example carrying a Sig P226 isn't that hard but becomes in issue when I am in a modern car with bucket seats. I have no idea how cops do it for a whole shift. Modern car seats tend to hug the body somewhat probably for Safety issues. So fullsize Semi auto carry is a pain.. However.. full size revolver carry with Panel wooden grips or typical pachmayer grips isn't

My Set-up
Daily Carry During the week: Sig P365 Stock with the flat baseplate 10 round mag in a 508 IWB holster with metal monoclips (in scrubs AFTER work locked in my car off work property).

Weekends/off days

S&W 3913 or S&W 6946, Model 64 4 inch .38 Revolver or Model 10 Snub nose .38 Revolver, in IWB Alien Gear or whatever leather or Safari land holster , or old cop holster I have it depends if I'm open carrying or not or if I'm going to the store etc.

Around the house is the S&W 642 J frame. I live in a very rural area.... IF something were to happen the Remington 870 is cruiser ready
I drive a 2016 police cruiser. The seats are set up to accommodate batbelt/OWB holster.

Jacket?

People still wear jackets? I'm a hoodie guy all year long. If it gets cold, I just add another hoodie.

My gun choices are usually based on which belt happens to already be on which pair of pants or shorts. Lol.
I love hoodies they're great I'm a 3 layer max kinda guy

I love hoodies they're great I'm a 3 layer max kinda guy

Even on the coldest winter days these last few years, I don't usually go with anything greater than one layer. I just don't get all that chilly, and it's not like I spend a huge amount of time outside in the cold. When I do, I've got a fleece I can throw on.

Regardless, I'm never so coccooned that I can't get to my EDC.

Gov't model in a Milt Sparks SSII most of the year, but in the hot months it'll be the P938 in the same model holster I had special ordered from Sparks for that gun.
I hate wearing huge t-shirts (just looks sloppy) so the littler Sig is way easier to hide/not have the tang/butt ride up over the T.

I never knew changing what you are carrying depending on gender fluidity and temperature was a thing...I guess this solidifies things, I am definitely not a gay.

So your saying because I change guns and how I carry in warm weather I’m somehow gay? That basically it? You seem to throw the gay term around a lot. Maybe it’s a projection thing for you.

So your saying because I change guns and how I carry in warm weather I’m somehow gay? That basically it? You seem to throw the gay term around a lot. Maybe it’s a projection thing for you.
I'm not saying you are gay, I am saying that I am definitely not gay. I mean it sounds like you look forward to changing carry guns like a girl looks forward to wearing a flower dress in the Spring.

I thank you for this thread because I was really starting to worry about myself.

Then again, if I was gay and I found another guy that wears the same size clothes that I do, I double my wardrobe.. Doubt if we would ever trade carry guns based on the weather though.

Then again, if I was gay and I found another guy that wears the same size clothes that I do, I double my wardrobe.. Doubt if we would ever trade carry guns based on the weather though.

Nonsense. Gay guys "swap their weapons" all the time. That's the point, right?

Back
Top Bottom