SunTrust Bank Shooting

namedpipes

NES Member
"The suspect called authorities to say he had entered the bank in Sebring, about 85 miles south of Orlando, and began shooting,"

So he called them after entering the bank and once he had them on the phone started shooting? Is that what I'm reading here?

Is there a parallel here to the Orlando not a terrorist attack, attack?

"The suspect called authorities to say he had entered the bank in Sebring, about 85 miles south of Orlando, and began shooting,"

So he called them after entering the bank and once he had them on the phone started shooting? Is that what I'm reading here?

Is there a parallel here to the Orlando not a terrorist attack, attack?

This guy surrendered, I gather, so perhaps we'll eventually find out.

Sebring, Florida, shooting: Who is Zephen Xaver, suspect accused of killing five at SunTrust Bank

Zephen Xaver was not much for posting on social media.

From Instagram to Twitter to Facebook, the 21-year-old man suspected of storming a Sebring bank and killing five people kept a low profile.

Five people died Wednesday when a man identified as Xaver — a former Florida Department of Corrections correctional officer trainee — opened fire at a SunTrust bank in Sebring in what Highlands County Commissioner Don Elwell called a "hostage situation" when speaking to CNN.

Little is known about Xaver, who state officials confirmed late Wednesday was hired in November 2018 to work at Avon Park Correctional Institution near the Avon Park Air Force Range. Patrick Manderfield, a spokesperson for the agency, reported that Xaver "had no discipline while employed with the department," but resigned on Jan. 9. No explanation was given for the resignation, he said.

Sebring, Florida, shooting: Who is Zephen Xaver, suspect accused of killing five at SunTrust Bank

Zephen Xaver: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/zephen-xaver/

It's noteworthy that not one of the reports is claiming he used an AR-47 with fully semi-auto assault clips.

Maybe it's not good headlines if he used a 50 year old revolver.

From Instagram to Twitter to Facebook, the 21-year-old man suspected of storming a Sebring bank and killing five people kept a low profile.

Five people died Wednesday when a man identified as Xaver — a former Florida Department of Corrections correctional officer trainee — opened fire at a SunTrust bank in Sebring in what Highlands County Commissioner Don Elwell called a "hostage situation" when speaking to CNN.

Little is known about Xaver, who state officials confirmed late Wednesday was hired in November 2018 to work at Avon Park Correctional Institution near the Avon Park Air Force Range. Patrick Manderfield, a spokesperson for the agency, reported that Xaver "had no discipline while employed with the department," but resigned on Jan. 9. No explanation was given for the resignation, he said.

Bad, poor reporting. No you but the article.

So if you don't bother "sharing" everything (anything!) about yourself on "social media" these days, that makes you an outcast, or a recluse, or "strange", or (etc etc etc)....If you want to be a "private" person and not "share" then you're just "not cool"?

Welcome to the world of "Millennials".

Ex-girlfriend: Accused bank shooter fascinated with violence

"Zephen Xaver, 21, "for some reason always hated people and wanted everybody to die," Alex Gerlach told WSBT-TV in Indiana, shortly after Wednesday's massacre in Sebring. "He got kicked out of school for having a dream that he killed everybody in his class, and he's been threatening this for so long, and he's been having dreams about it and everything."

"Every single person I've told has not taken it seriously, and it's very unfortunate that it had to come to this," Gerlach said."

Maybe a bit off topic; but doesn't Zephen Xaver sound like it could have been a concept car from a 1950s Autorama or something?
Maybe it's just me.

Barry

I thought it sounded more like a villain name in like, a "C- Movie." (I don't know what a C- Movie is, but I've heard of 'B movies' and they're usually cheesy, 'camp' type movies with crappy dialog, lousy special effects, etc. so C- must be a couple steps down from that...).

I imagine Zephen used one of these to kill the people in the bank:

th

I wonder if he was a murderous, people-hating social outcast because he was mercilessly teased about having a "funny name" while growing up?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom