Sununu warns of urban flight; NH to get Vermonted by New Yorkers

I predict a boom/bust real estate cycle as a result of these blow ins over next couple years.....current real estate shortages/high prices due to covid flight of these mental patients will result in a glut of properties on market and depressed prices in next couple years when they all begin to miss city filth/crime....errrr culture once people regain upper brain function wrt covid
All those vacant units in luxury high-rises?

Just wait until the Donk dumpster fire mayors
commandeer them to house the homeless mental patients.

You know it's only a matter of time.

Amenities, FTW.

Last edited:
Well that was quick.

And that's just the first wave of idiots that can't think beyond which restaurant for dinner tonight. As I said before, wait until those remaining have endured a VT/NH winter, Mud Season, and the fact that take-out ain't showing up at the door. The next wave of exodus will hit in March, and continue for at least 2 years. Please, go back from whence you came....

I think we call ourselves 'Granite staters' for a reason. If you do not like working frozen granite to grow crops or raise animals, go back to the city with the bright lights...
The description of NH when I moved here.

'Well son, It is 10 months of winter and 2 weeks of rough sledding'...

In the neighborhood that I grew up in, I seen plates from NY, CT,RI, NH, ME and people from various MA towns. These people moved into my neighborhood to get their city living on and in the process raised rents and drived out longtime working class residents.

These people would never think that working class white people grew up in cities.

I think we call ourselves 'Granite staters' for a reason. If you do not like working frozen granite to grow crops or raise animals, go back to the city with the bright lights...
The description of NH when I moved here.

'Well son, It is 10 months of winter and 2 weeks of rough sledding'...

A plow, they say, to plow the snow.
They cannot mean to plant it, no --
Unless in bitterness to mock
At having cultivated rock.
~Robert Frost

Still in the boom phase. A coworker of my wife's has been seeking a home in NH now that her husband has a job change. Working couple with young kids, originally from NH, looking for your basic home with a yard. They have quickly made offers on available homes but have consistently lost out to people offering cash deals for up to $40K over asking price. There's a good chance they'll be priced out of the market. Unbelievable. If things don't settle down in a few years, NH might be off my list of retirement locations.

Everyone was worrying about SHTF city dweller raids and bugging out or stocking up on ammo and emergency supplies. LOL, the invasion has been a bit more stealthy than that and probably worse for quality of life in NH, VT, and ME.

Still in the boom phase. A coworker of my wife's has been seeking a home in NH now that her husband has a job change. Working couple with young kids, originally from NH, looking for your basic home with a yard. They have quickly made offers on available homes but have consistently lost out to people offering cash deals for up to $40K over asking price. There's a good chance they'll be priced out of the market. Unbelievable. If things don't settle down in a few years, NH might be off my list of retirement locations.

Home buying is a mess right now. [hmmm] Reasonably priced stuff disapears before you even get a chance to visit.

That said, there are tons of buildable lots for sale. Maybe not at super low prices, but they are out there. Home builders are scheduling at least a year+ out though.

Everyone was worrying about SHTF city dweller raids and bugging out or stocking up on ammo and emergency supplies. LOL, the invasion has been a bit more stealthy than that and probably worse for quality of life in NH, VT, and ME.
The good news is, unlike the way things work in cities like Chicago, when property values in an NH town increase across the board, this does not mean an immediate or even near-term increase in original residents' property tax bills.

What will bring a higher tax bill is when these new residents realize their town lacks the amenities "needed" to live life in the manner to which they had become accustomed and get together to vote in things like trash pickup, paved roads, town water and sewer, full-time manned police stations, and the like. Oh, and more families with more kids, that is what really drives up the tax rate.

Last edited:
Home buying is a mess right now. [hmmm] Reasonably priced stuff disapears before you even get a chance to visit.

That said, there are tons of buildable lots for sale. Maybe not at super low prices, but they are out there. Home builders are scheduling at least a year+ out though.
That will slow down as the pandemic closes out. We sold our house and our realtor told us that because people aren't as willing to up and move right now, the supply of houses for sale is low. So the pickings are slim and the competition is fierce. I will say it worked out for us, we got way more than we asked and offers started the next day after listing.

A plow, they say, to plow the snow.
They cannot mean to plant it, no --
Unless in bitterness to mock
At having cultivated rock.
~Robert Frost
My dad always said that he harvested more rocks than vegetables in northern NH. Every spring there was a new generation in the fields just waiting to be plucked out of the ground by the plow.

That will slow down as the pandemic closes out. We sold our house and our realtor told us that because people aren't as willing to up and move right now, the supply of houses for sale is low. So the pickings are slim and the competition is fierce. I will say it worked out for us, we got way more than we asked and offers started the next day after listing.
I f***ing hope it gets less competitive in a few months. Been trying to find something for over a year now.

Yeah, It's intersting comparing asking price vs historical price vs appraised value for houses that pop up on MLS. Definitely a seller's market and folks can do quite well there.

I'm already in my retirement house (barring a big lottery win), but I hate it for my daughter and SIL who can't come close to affording anything that's available. They live in a tourist town, so it's even worse there. They're stuck in a 3rd floor apartment until things change.

Buying a retirement home is one of the reasons I am leaning towards just buying land and design-build on it. I'm already retired, I'm already living in the state I want to live in, I just need to find land that is no kidding buildable. I plan on setting it up for eventual possibilities like needing a walker or similar. Bonus points for being near groceries and health care.

Much of the good stuff I've checked out is down Class VI roads in towns that won't issue permits there, on bedrock shelves, or other typical NH stuff.

It is interesting watching what are the obvious hot areas list land and then have it going contingent within 24 hours. Lets me know where not to go as you can figure who they are going to market to (Bethlehem or Sugar Hill).

I am moderately interested in this already built place, but the price is way out there. Especially when you look at needing at least 20K worth of junk removal and about 100K of reno to make it "normal". 1944 Littleton Road, Monroe, NH 03771 - NEREN

Its not goiing to improve any time soon IMHO

Biden is pushing for 125k more refugees and has apparently over issued EO that barrs governors from refusing their placement

Throw on top of that massive increase in illegal aliens due to Biden/Harris EO's/change in policy....

That decimates the already depleted "affordable" housing/workforce housing options in NH

Wonder how many folks will make the cause/effect connection.....elections have consequences

125K is a drop in the bucket and basically window dressing. The flood of illegals is a bigger concern. Every first generation LEGAL American I know is PISSED about that. Granted these are all skilled working folks and professionals, but they are no fans of Biden's stupid policies.

I'm actually very much for legal immigration. Maybe we'll get some tougher stock who aren't averse to working in an industrial environment for good pay but hard work. The proliferation of soy boy pansies is making it extremely difficult to find solid labor even with attractive compensation.

I am moderately interested in this already built place, but the price is way out there. Especially when you look at needing at least 20K worth of junk removal and about 100K of reno to make it "normal". 1944 Littleton Road, Monroe, NH 03771 - NEREN
F' Oak Island -
as the price of ammo soars and supply withers,
this is the real place to look for buried treasure.

There have been a succession of owners,
but perhaps the current ones don't recognize the place's full value.

F' Oak Island -
as the price of ammo soars and supply withers,
this is the real place to look for buried treasure.

There have been a succession of owners,
but perhaps the current ones don't recognize the place's full value.

I'm not a fan of that area, but I would be in at those prices. Random traps or explosives don't necessarily bother me. The house is too big though. Would have to modify the upstairs and make it an indoor range---no tracers please.

exactly right. and that's what the tons of foreigners do when they come here. They try to replicate what they left and forget that was the reason they left in the first place.

Oh well....what can you do.

This country will completely fall within the next 100 years and it will be done from the inside and sponsored by the government.
Exactamundo 👊

Back
Top Bottom