• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Apologies English is not my first language thanks for the Help ! and Guida told me he is all over it and i will get a call back from him and Medford shortly
I admire anyone who is not a monoglot. As a victim on the US educational and cultural system, most of my foreign language is couple of phrases I picked up from Hogans Heroes and long forgotten could never hold a conversation high school French.

A few days later, you'll get a slip in the mail telling you it got delivered. Save the slip.
Do those ever actually work anymore? I've usually got an awesome and on-the-ball mail carrier, but in an ongoing pointed dialog with an office of the federal government they have been sending me each installment of their side of things certified with return receipt.

Every single one of those mailings is sitting in my file here with the return card still attached. (On the other hand, this might be a case of my carrier being really on the ball and potentially doing me a favor!)

I admire anyone who is not a monoglot. As a victim on the US educational and cultural system, most of my foreign language is couple of phrases I picked up from Hogans Heroes and long forgotten could never hold a conversation high school French.
I speak three languages Spanish ,English & Portuguese thankfully not easy but working on it everyday!

So Python and Java don't count?

All pending permits must be resubmitted while following the new requirements (New York). For one, the required training course(s) doesn't even exist ... until April 2023 per Bruen. Then, all applicants must meet in person with a judge. Etc, etc, etc ...

View: https://youtu.be/bJCaVkTbBIM

I think the training course particularly that many hours of live fire was geared to keep people in NYC especially lower income minorities from getting a carry license. The “sensitive places” was designed that way too. Making public transportation off limits allows NYC to keep the pre NYSRPA scheme.

Lol.

Like I said... just talk to the nice man behind the counter.

He'll square you away. NOT TO MUCH SARCASM HERE!
Nice man behind the counter at the USPS probably accounts for less than 3% of the staff! Most of them are so grumpy and miserable it's pathetic! Then you get the occasional intellect that is so damn phony and acts like he is doing you a favor while you are bothering him at the same time. The most grumpy and miserable that I've experienced can be found in Walpole, at the main P.O. in the center of town. They are brutal!

Legal layman and not too familiar with U.S. law, so pls bear with me if my question is naive:
Can the U.S.S.C. hold these States in contempt of court and lock up the Governors until remedy?
Short version: no.

Long version: also no.

It all boils down to separation of powers. The Judiciary rules on cases, but has no power to enforce their rulings.

Nice man behind the counter at the USPS probably accounts for less than 3% of the staff! Most of them are so grumpy and miserable it's pathetic! Then you get the occasional intellect that is so damn phony and acts like he is doing you a favor while you are bothering him at the same time. The most grumpy and miserable that I've experienced can be found in Walpole, at the main P.O. in the center of town. They are brutal!
It takes a LOT of seniority and many years to get one of those counter jobs.

That hasn’t been my experience in Wayland or Kendall Square. YMMV.

California asks the 9th Circuit to have The "Assault Weapon" ban case vacated and remanded for a new hearing.

View: https://youtu.be/8SzZKML15FI

So the new tactic from the lefties is stall stall stall until what? They have to acquiesce in the future? The left takes over the courts and thumbs their nose at scotus again? what exactly?

That hasn’t been my experience in Wayland or Kendall Square. YMMV.
Nor mine, in ANY post office. I wasn’t being sarcastic.

But even a bad-tempered postal idiot would talk a customer through a certified letter. They’re not passing up five bucks.

Legal layman and not too familiar with U.S. law, so pls bear with me if my question is naive:
Can the U.S.S.C. hold these States in contempt of court and lock up the Governors until remedy?

That's what the president is supposed to be doing, upholding the law and holding states accountable. During the civil war Maryland wouldn't follow the law and so Lincoln arrested and imprisoned members of the Maryland legislature that refused to follow the law. But since we accidentally elected a potato to the white house, a potato who happens to be on the same as the people thumbing their noses at the law, I wouldn't hold my breath.

So the new tactic from the lefties is stall stall stall until what? They have to acquiesce in the future? The left takes over the courts and thumbs their nose at scotus again? what exactly?

That is what it seems. It's a request at the moment but it is the 9th circuit.

Frankly, since we are talking about a fundamental right ... one that is specifically enumerated that it should not be interfered with, the courts should eliminate the stay and AWB based on the original ruling but allow CA the option of an attempt at relitigating using the new SC standard and higher bar. Further delay creates injury, aligns to the bogus intermediate scrutiny and states interest balancing, and undermines what the SC has been pretty clear about.

Last edited:
That is what it seems. It's a request at the moment but it is the 9th circuit.

Frankly, since we are talking about a fundamental right ... one that is specifically enumerated that it should not be interfered with, the courts should eliminate the stay and AWB based on the original ruling but allow CA the option of an attempt at relitigating using the new SC standard and higher bar.

They don't call it the 9th circus for a reason, but who knows even blind squirrels can find nuts. Sometimes I wonder if the 9th circuit enjoys getting slapped down time after time, but then it happens yet again so who knows.

That's what the president is supposed to be doing, upholding the law and holding states accountable. During the civil war Maryland wouldn't follow the law and so Lincoln arrested and imprisoned members of the Maryland legislature that refused to follow the law. But since we accidentally elected a potato to the white house, a potato who happens to be on the same as the people thumbing their noses at the law, I wouldn't hold my breath.
That election Wasn’t by accident :-(

Ever get the feeling that the Biden administration is like a trapped and wounded animal? Trapped in a corner by a rabid dog that's ready rip their throats out? So out of desperation the animal will try anything just to keep alive while the rabid dog just wants a living toy to squeak when it gets bitten and chewed on until it gets tired of the squeeky chew toy/cat.

Nothing is worse than a trapped animal and that's the Biden admin. Fortunately for us the animal is 80 years old, probably has very clear dementia and way out of it's league. Thankfully for all of us the gun community is very diverse and continues to grow with ever passing day and therefore extremely powerful and very able to push back in every direction.

Personally I think Biden tosses some red meat to the Moms who somehow demand action because facing the reality of Hunter Bidens iphone or laptop is going to be very painful for him.
That's ok. I kind of like that the left are showing their true agenda. Would Roe have been overturned without the "limitless abortions" (including up to and after BIRTH abortions) they were pushing for? Probably not. Let them get all gun grabby and finally provoke a reaction 'cause let's face it some gun owners (or even no owner 2A supporters) were unwilling to put up a fight against "reasonable restrictions" for decades now.

If you're sure you're going to lose if you go to war now, stall and seek other strategies. It's basic Art of War type stuff and I've never read the book.

It's like taking time-outs in FB. (Football. Not Facebook. Although TO's in Facebook are usually not chosen by the player. LOL).

Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense. But you do so to regroup and hopefully create a new push forward. Of course, in this case, they're hoping in the interim, their case will be strengthened due to other rulings. Because there isn't a "new strategy" to beat this. Their Hail Mary hope is that the SC in the next year walks back much of Bruen and they won't lose their asses.

Back
Top Bottom