Surplus Rifles

I was just wondering if there are any vendors that have a decent supply of military surplus rifles at any of the Massachusetts gun shows. I have never been to one and would like pick up a M1 Garand or a M44 Mosin without paying 6-700 plus dollars for one at a dealer or private sale. Any info on which show if any is best for this would be appreciated.

$600-$700 for a service grade Garand would be a steal. But I think you're referring to a Mosin costing that much money which I agree is crazy.

I've been to 2 gun shows (Wilmington) so I'm of no help.

Terry Goode from Chelmsford is always at all the gun shows and his specialty is mil-surp. He's semi-retired at this point so his gunshop in Chelmsford is rarely open but he's at all the shows.

Yes, I agree that would be good for a garand. Was there any at the Wilmington shows you went to?

I was there a couple years ago and I remember The Armory in Woburn had a bunch of milsurp rifles for sale. But that was because he was handling an estate I believe? Not sure what he's got now.

I was just wondering if there are any vendors that have a decent supply of military surplus rifles at any of the Massachusetts gun shows. I have never been to one and would like pick up a M1 Garand or a M44 Mosin without paying 6-700 plus dollars for one at a dealer or private sale. Any info on which show if any is best for this would be appreciated.

if you can find any complete functioning M1s for 600-700 grab them. TYour best bet is to skip the gun shows completely. Go to Pack and Postal or Gun broker

Service grade M1s were $730 from the CMP earlier this year when they've had them, and those are the cheapest you are likely to find. I'd expect more in the $1000-$1200 range at a shop, quite possibly more than that.

If you find one at $700 the seller is either lying, doesn't know what they have, or are trying to save their kneecaps from a loanshark.

I think I saw M44s in the classifieds recently (maybe still there are) for under $500, or at least in the ballpark.

I've been K98 hunting for a bit (just looking for a shooter RC) and I think I've settled on Gunbroker being the only viable avenue, although I haven't gone to Pack and Postal. I was the high bidder on a K98 auction that ended last night until 30 mins before closing where it jumped another $170, which I expected to happen anyway. I didn't up my bid. Just gotta be patient I guess...

good luck

Service grade M1s were $730 from the CMP earlier this year when they've had them, and those are the cheapest you are likely to find. I'd expect more in the $1000-$1200 range at a shop, quite possibly more than that.

If you find one at $700 the seller is either lying, doesn't know what they have, or are trying to save their kneecaps from a loanshark.

I think I saw M44s in the classifieds recently (maybe still there are) for under $500, or at least in the ballpark.

I've been K98 hunting for a bit (just looking for a shooter RC) and I think I've settled on Gunbroker being the only viable avenue, although I haven't gone to Pack and Postal. I was the high bidder on a K98 auction that ended last night until 30 mins before closing where it jumped another $170, which I expected to happen anyway. I didn't up my bid. Just gotta be patient I guess...

good luck

I expect the the SG to jump in price when they come back to cmp for general sales OR they will release them in batches like the carbines. Anything interesting will go to cmp auction like they have been.

If you don't want to wait till the next gun show and your interested in some mil-surp type rifles, drop in to Noah's Motors on Rte1 north in Saugus or visit his web site. He usually has some top choice stuff for reasonable prices. He sometimes has ads in the NES classifieds too.

If you don't want to wait till the next gun show and your interested in some mil-surp type rifles, drop in to Noah's Motors on Rte1 north in Saugus or visit his web site. He usually has some top choice stuff for reasonable prices. He sometimes has ads in the NES classifieds too.

You not likely to find a "deal" but he DOES have some nice stuff...

I have 2 Mosin 91-30 rifles that I will part with. I received them packed in cosmo, that I thoroughly removed. With bayo's and oilers. Dated 1942 and 1943. PM for details.

If you like the M44 platform and don't mind getting a clone, the Chinese T53 is the exact same rifle at about half the cost (when I bought mine at least).

If you like the M44 platform and don't mind getting a clone, the Chinese T53 is the exact same rifle at about half the cost (when I bought mine at least).

There are some left at some of the CR vendors along with sks's.
I cruised my usually CR vendors and there is not much out there in bulk affordable guns.
Kicking myself for not snagging a few of these when they where plentiful and some what affordable
Yugo and Swedish mauser
K31s
Finn mosins especially those target models with the target stock and aperture match sights. First time I seen one they where $300 then about 8 months later they shot up to $800-1000!

There are some left at some of the CR vendors along with sks's.
I cruised my usually CR vendors and there is not much out there in bulk affordable guns.
Kicking myself for not snagging a few of these when they where plentiful and some what affordable
Yugo and Swedish mauser
K31s
Finn mosins especially those target models with the target stock and aperture match sights. First time I seen one they where $300 then about 8 months later they shot up to $800-1000!
Kicking myself too,especially for not getting an m39

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I've never owned a Garand. I've worked on several for my AL post and fired a few of them. I think I need to get one, even a field grade one, before they become too expensive. Oh, wait. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom