• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Survivor of Bear Attack in MT Used 44 mag Revolver to Stop Bear

That could have ended a lot worse. Especially only testing the gun once before

At least he used good ammo, the HSM is pretty good stuff and 305gr should have over 1000 ft lbs of energy. I'll stick with my .460MAG though..
Is hsm the orangy brown box? I believe their bear loads are actually weak for 10mm idk about 44 mag but I remember picking up a box and comparing it to bbore and being disappointed

I think if I were in grizzly country, that piece would be strapped to my chest, free of all obstruction. I also think I'd be carrying a shotgun in hand at all times, but that's just me being paranoid.

Underwood 10mm is 700ftlb and the HSM this guy used is 1075, so still higher. 44mag is no joke.
No I know that lol... but I meant compared to things in its weight class 10mm hsm I believe isn't as hot as 10mm underwood or bbore

I dont know if the same not as hotness applies in 44 mag as well

Is hsm the orangy brown box? I believe their bear loads are actually weak for 10mm idk about 44 mag but I remember picking up a box and comparing it to bbore and being disappointed
Yeah orange box. Their stuff isn't loaded crazy hot, get the same data loading my own stuff. The buffalo bore is in its own league.
16111630379758534265202907961446.jpg

Don't know much but if I was going into bear country I don't think I would go with anything less than 454 Casull. I never get why people cheap out on a good holster either since good leather can be had for well under $100 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom