• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Swedish Security Service Goes Glock

Reptile

NES Member
The Swedish Security Service has chosen Glock as a supplier for their duty pistols. This means that the current SIG Sauers will be replaced by various 9mm Glocks. The approved and chosen models are the Glock 17, 19 and the sub-compact 43X, but there are no details as to which generation. The Swedish Police have been testing no less than twelve different pistols, but earlier this year the Swedish Security Service, which is independent of the Police, left the specific evaluation to continue on their own. The result is now official.

The Swedish Security Service has chosen Glock as a supplier for their duty pistols. This means that the current SIG Sauers will be replaced by various 9mm Glocks. The approved and chosen models are the Glock 17, 19 and the sub-compact 43X,

Pussies!
Should have gone with .45's or 10mm's.

Smart move. You can get Glocks and Glock parts pretty much anywhere in the world and as a duty pistol, it's top notch. Reliability is assumed with Glocks too.

10mm is rare and used by people who are too afraid to be called homophobic slurs for shooting 40 cal.
45 is almost non-existent outside of US. US consumers buy something like 95% of all 45 ACP ammo.

P.S. It hurt for me to write this since I consider Beretta 92 as the world's best 9mm gun.

There army was using them last I saw in 2007. I think they were at the time only country in that area using them, at least from memory.

Makes sense other agencies would follow

Back
Top Bottom