• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWR meter for Firestik CB antenna?

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Is there anyone in Metro Boston north that has a SWR-meter that can help me tune a CB Firestik antenna? It would be greatly appreciated. Efforts could be rewarded with .22 lr [shocked]

Thanks.

Matt

Is there anyone in Metro Boston north that has a SWR-meter that can help me tune a CB Firestik antenna? It would be greatly appreciated. Efforts could be rewarded with .22 lr [shocked] Thanks. Matt

Damn. If you had posted this a few months back I coulda helped you out. I just gave away my box of equipment to a buddy. Had SWR meters, 2 Galaxy's, mics, a 75w kicker. After I called it quits on Bos-NY linehaul, I stopped running a radio. IGood luck.

Bill,

I have a tuned Wilson 1000 on the truck now. It is magnetic-mount as I do not use it all that often. I can't see throwing away a good radio so I was just going to mount the firestik. I know that I will lose transmitting distance but for my near truck to truck use that shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest problem is that in the city the Wilson is too high and the firestik has a quick disconnect for all the appointments I have been going to that have garage parking in Boston. I try to park on the street when I can but that isn't always possible.

If I was north of the state line I would keep it and suffer through.

Still looking.

Thanks.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom