TA01-M4A1 Questions

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first owned ACOG. It will be put on a .308 AR-10 for 300-400 yards shooting. I noticed that the reticle is amber not the usual red or green. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to the amber over the other colors? Is there any other robust optic out there that is comparable to this ACOG? As you can guess, price isn't too much of an issue; just looking the best bang for the buck.

This is an older thread, but amber is harder to see in daylight than red. I have an 01NSN with amber crosshairs and a 31F with red chevron. Red stands out. The 01NSN is easier for ME to shoot more accurately with--simply due to the finer reticle pattern.

The TA01 DOES NOT have a daylight illuminated reticle. It is strictly an etched reticle with tritium for night. And if it’s not a brand new TA01, that tritium is likely long gone. Just as a heads up. For night time, whether it be amber or red, it probably won’t matter too much. For daytime though, I prefer red. It stands out better.

And you’re not likely to find a more robust optic than the ACOG. Primary Arms has some prism scopes, but they’re bulky and heavy compare to the ACOG. So if money isn’t an issue... ACOG it.

This is an older thread, but amber is harder to see in daylight than red. I have an 01NSN with amber crosshairs and a 31F with red chevron. Red stands out. The 01NSN is easier for ME to shoot more accurately with--simply due to the finer reticle pattern.

That’s why I like my 31 which had the TA01 Crosshairs but with fiber optic illum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom