• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taking my wife shooting

I’ve searched and didn’t find anything on this. Is it a crime to take my wife to the gun club and let her shot if she doesn’t have a license?

As long as she's not prohibited from firearms, you can take her to any range. Private club, sand pits, pay ranges or anywhere else shooting is allowed.

At her request I trained my wife to dry fire her snubby (s) at an intruder from any location in the house and never to be more than 10 seconds from one of them. Having the guns locked up was not allowed. When the kids were little, she was really into the "Lion and the cubs" thingy. Jack.

I’ve searched and didn’t find anything on this. Is it a crime to take my wife to the gun club and let her shot if she doesn’t have a license?
To be specific,
and it took way too long for me to find the cite:

MGL Ch. 140 §129C (m): Application of Sec. 129B; ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition; transfers; report to commissioner; exemptions; exhibiting license to carry, etc. on demand
...​
No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B.​
...​
(m) The temporary holding, handling or firing of a firearm for examination, trial or instruction in the presence of a holder of a license to carry firearms, or the temporary holding, handling or firing of a rifle or shotgun for examination, trial or instruction in the presence of a holder of a firearm identification card, or where such holding, handling or firing is for a lawful purpose;​
...​

If she's not a "gun person" familiarize her with the toys you will be bringing, at home, NOT at the range.

Make sure she knows the Three Rules, and the basics of operating each item.

If she's new, start with a .22 and plenty of ear pro, and make sure she's dressed so she does not have to do the Hot Brass Dance.

Oh, no .500 magnum

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PUXbo3tCo

Oh this is funny. She lived with me down in Texas. She actually has guns I bough her down there but there in my name. She enjoys shooting a lot too. I just figured there was some screwy law in mass that made it illegal for her to shoot. She shoots 22’s she had a 9mm but couldn’t pull the slide back on it. But ya would never put a big gun in anyones hands that didn’t know what they where getting into. That’s a sure fire way to make some one hate this fine sport.

Taking one's unlicensed spouse shooting is legal, but there are risks. First, your ammo costs go up. Then she will want "her own" gun, which means either buying another one or, worse, designating one of your "I'll never part with this one" guns as hers. But the real risk, the probability of which may be low but the humiliation of which will be excruciating: she may shoot better than you do.

Oh this is funny. She lived with me down in Texas. She actually has guns I bough her down there but there in my name. She enjoys shooting a lot too. I just figured there was some screwy law in mass that made it illegal for her to shoot. She shoots 22’s she had a 9mm but couldn’t pull the slide back on it. But ya would never put a big gun in anyones hands that didn’t know what they where getting into. That’s a sure fire way to make some one hate this fine sport.

I just want to say that if she can't rack the slide get her a revolver. You're not doing her any favors if you let her shoot after YOU rack the slide for her.

I just want to say that if she can't rack the slide get her a revolver. You're not doing her any favors if you let her shoot after YOU rack the slide for her.
That why I just bought a walther p22 for her to shoot. Semi auto 22lr’s are great for going to the range. But what I didn’t tell her is I also bought a ruger Blackhawk in 357 and a m&p shield 45 at pretty much the same time, lol.

Not picking on the OP at all but his statement is sad, we are just so beaten down in this state, it's pathetic that someone would even have to ask a question like that.

Back
Top Bottom