Taking of Pelham 123: gun weirdness

nstassel

NES Member
Last edited:
I love looking at older movies for gun weirdness. I don’t think I remember seeing the bullpup before. The SMGs were a nice touch too. The switch between guns means the continuity people should have been flogged though.

Watched the great 1974 movie The Taking of Pelham 123. Robert Shaw's character pulls a Star Model B but then it turns into a BHP and back. Then the cops run in with **gasp** a gun I don't recognize. It turns out to be High Standard 12g bullpup monstrosity.

View attachment 506187

Great movie, great gun... you lose points for not posting the "Tactical Flashlight" model though.

1627403980392.png

The more you look, the more you think it's an 1100 bullpuppied and nothing more.

I'm not sure I was ever convinced that Walter Matthau was a good good-guy-cop. He played the long-term MTA employee well. Toughguy?? Meh. But I really liked the film. Better than the remake.

First time I saw it was on Channel 38 "Thuhmuhhhveeloffft" with that stuck-up dude. Dana. . . Hersey??? That guy could show absolute drivel and tell you it was something classic and I thought he actually believed it. C'mon Dana. This is 3 out of 5 nights considering Red Sox and Bruins schedules. You're talking 100-150 movies a year. Not every one will be a classic. Stop acting as such.

I'm pretty sure Dana was born wearing a turtleneck.

Popeye. He's trying to hawk Popeye. C'mon.

It's nice to live in the 21st Century where things like the KSG exist and abortions like the Hi Standard bullpup shotgun are now just relics of a by gone era.

It's nice to live in the 21st Century where things like the KSG exist and abortions like the Hi Standard bullpup shotgun are now just relics of a by gone era.

That's like saying the Model T does not deserve respect, as it had no power windows! [rofl]
Actually that statement is more like saying we've moved beyond the 1978 Toyota Tercel to finer things like a 2021 Kia Rio. [rofl]

Now bring your IWI TS12 into the bullpup shotgun ring and you've got something to strut about.

Back
Top Bottom