taliban shopping mall

greencobra

NES Member
i was watching a couple of vids today of bloggers traveling to Afghanistan for a "vacation". in other words to have a look around. i didn't think i'd post about it so i trashed the links to share. i'm just here mentioning the weaponry the taliban and isis guys were toting around which was mostly american, more so than the expected combloc stuff. wonder how much stuff was picked up when the americans left and how much was battlefield pick ups. lots of m16 rifles. i expected m4's mostly but tons of m16's. maybe stuff our government supplied the afghan army? dunno. if a truck rolled by with taliban fighter on it with 8 guys, 6 were outfitted with american gear. the other 2 guys the expected ak's. a lot of vehicles had saw's on mounts fixed to the cab of the truck and no shortage of ammo. crates of the stuff. looks like marine and army desert camo uniforms is the taliban dress of the moment. topped with nike hi tops.

these 2 bloggers, both were british, went to black market malls. american weapons for sale of all makes. and not just military grade. not the stuff they're manufacturing in the hills either. the blogger mentioned he was surprised to hear some sketchy guys his interpreter id'd as isis inquiring about "bump stocks." i don't know what that was about. but tons of cool stuff anyone could walk in and buy...no questions. maybe when n.h. falls, afghanistan will be the new firearms freedom destination. but rifles, both russian and american with some european union stuff in the mix. machine guns, mostly saw's and russian light squad weapons. dragunov's?? is that the russian guns name? pistols of many flavor, bunches of m92's, some sigs, loads of russian and commie block mak's. one guy had a showcase of several smith mod 10's. 38 sp ammo must be hard to come by there i would expect unless some mountain dude and his friends are reloading as a cottage industry. most of the guns came with holsters. and plenty of misc. military gear.

they dove by and tried to film the best they could, rows and rows of us military vehicles at 2 separate former bases. don't know if they were operational, didn't see any out and about in the vids. and the airport had quite a few military aircraft parked about. i saw many c-130's lined up row upon row. as well as helicopters. i don't know my choppers but i can recognize a huey. and attack gun ships, maybe apaches and cobras, not up on those. didn't see any big 2 bladed helicopters in the mix. the british guy said he was told the aircraft were not flyable (maybe because of no parts) but he saw several in the air while he was there and filmed an attack chopper in the air. a very good couple of vids these were considering half had to be filmed with the camera out of sight. i'll try and locate them again, these 2 specific ones. but i'm sure there are more of similar content out there. nothing we probably already didn't know but interesting nonetheless.

If anybody in this government had any balls they'd drop a f*cking bomb on that place...
speaking of government, they, as expected, love biden cause he was the one who initiated the great infidel evacuation and dropped all the stuff and ran. trump, not so much. he promoted hostilities.

i was watching a couple of vids today of bloggers traveling to Afghanistan for a "vacation". in other words to have a look around. i didn't think i'd post about it so i trashed the links to share. i'm just here mentioning the weaponry the taliban and isis guys were toting around which was mostly american, more so than the expected combloc stuff. wonder how much stuff was picked up when the americans left and how much was battlefield pick ups. lots of m16 rifles. i expected m4's mostly but tons of m16's. maybe stuff our government supplied the afghan army? dunno. if a truck rolled by with taliban fighter on it with 8 guys, 6 were outfitted with american gear. the other 2 guys the expected ak's. a lot of vehicles had saw's on mounts fixed to the cab of the truck and no shortage of ammo. crates of the stuff. looks like marine and army desert camo uniforms is the taliban dress of the moment. topped with nike hi tops.

these 2 bloggers, both were british, went to black market malls. american weapons for sale of all makes. and not just military grade. not the stuff they're manufacturing in the hills either. the blogger mentioned he was surprised to hear some sketchy guys his interpreter id'd as isis inquiring about "bump stocks." i don't know what that was about. but tons of cool stuff anyone could walk in and buy...no questions. maybe when n.h. falls, afghanistan will be the new firearms freedom destination. but rifles, both russian and american with some european union stuff in the mix. machine guns, mostly saw's and russian light squad weapons. dragunov's?? is that the russian guns name? pistols of many flavor, bunches of m92's, some sigs, loads of russian and commie block mak's. one guy had a showcase of several smith mod 10's. 38 sp ammo must be hard to come by there i would expect unless some mountain dude and his friends are reloading as a cottage industry. most of the guns came with holsters. and plenty of misc. military gear.

they dove by and tried to film the best they could, rows and rows of us military vehicles at 2 separate former bases. don't know if they were operational, didn't see any out and about in the vids. and the airport had quite a few military aircraft parked about. i saw many c-130's lined up row upon row. as well as helicopters. i don't know my choppers but i can recognize a huey. and attack gun ships, maybe apaches and cobras, not up on those. didn't see any big 2 bladed helicopters in the mix. the british guy said he was told the aircraft were not flyable (maybe because of no parts) but he saw several in the air while he was there and filmed an attack chopper in the air. a very good couple of vids these were considering half had to be filmed with the camera out of sight. i'll try and locate them again, these 2 specific ones. but i'm sure there are more of similar content out there. nothing we probably already didn't know but interesting nonetheless.
Its all stuff out government gave them

they shouldve kept their mouths shut
Not really.

There is an excellent chance the guns would show up missing; the possibility they were in the crates considered; the buyer tracked and a warrant served - followed by a world of shit. Plus having to keep the stolen (how the govt would see it) unregistered NFA weapons under wraps. Not worth it unless you seriously consider an armed rebellion in the near future.

Probably with paying your attorney to be there when the locals and the ATF arrive to make sure everything is properly inventoried, receipt given, etc.

Not really.

There is an excellent chance the guns would show up missing; the possibility they were in the crates considered; the buyer tracked and a warrant served - followed by a world of shit. Plus having to keep the stolen (how the govt would see it) unregistered NFA weapons under wraps. Not worth it unless you seriously consider an armed rebellion in the near future.

Probably with paying your attorney to be there when the locals and the ATF arrive to make sure everything is properly inventoried, receipt given, etc.

the crate was empty when i got it

$87,000,000,000 is a lot of stuff to abandon after all the people were cast as collateral hostages etc.

I’ve heard story’s about people deployed who “lost” three rifles…. We’re just setting up the Afghanis for the next time we have to go over there and occupy… I give it about 10 years before we’re over there again.

Afghanistan has a mill? cool. I wonder if they have a Jack with a pet goat too. If anybody in this government had any balls they'd drop a f*cking bomb on that place, or tell the globe so they could send some reporters.

Not really.

NAhh. They can’t prove what they can’t find…

Sounds like a description of the Mill.

Was there a Hot Topic? What about a Bombay Company???? JC Penney?

they shouldve kept their mouths shut

Yeah. And then what? What do you do with multiple full-auto weapons??? You can't actually USE them. I mean, it would be nice if the NFA would go back to original intent which was a mechanism to charge gangsters. Maybe let these folks alone. Hell, maybe repeal the Reagan-era FA restrictions.

(Not for me - one at a time'in is just fine for me. I was game at one point in my life. Not anymore. The only reason I'd want one is to own historic firearms which are FA only - like an MP40 or Grease Gun or Sten.)

I mean, it would be nice if the NFA would go back to original intent which was a mechanism to charge gangsters.
It was motivated by the mob activity, however, the intent was to ban NFA weapons .... but at the time congress knew a ban was unconstitutional but used taxation as a work-around.

Interesting that it has NEVER been treated as a tax crime in practice. No other tax at the $200 level carries similar penalties, and it's always referred to as "possession of a machine gun' or similar; not "non payment of a tax the government will not accept payment of".

Its all stuff out government gave them
This is correct. When we were standing up Afghan Security Forces, we armed them with our weapons. As we got ready to leave, we gave those security forces vehicles, radios, etc to go with the weapons.

As the announced date to leave (set by President Trump and kept by President Biden) approached, the Taliban swept across the country in a matter of weeks. The Afghan Security Forces threw down their weapons and ran. It was very much like what happened in South Vietnam as we withdrew from that conflict.

What's really sad is that we only expected the Afghan Security Forces to hold the Taliban back for about 6 weeks. We did not expect them to take it all back in a matter of days like they did.

I was on active duty orders during that summer, working in a squadron where we got to watch (from a distance) this happen. It was all in our daily briefs. Every thing I have noted is stuff that news media got right.

It was motivated by the mob activity, however, the intent was to ban NFA weapons .... but at the time congress knew a ban was unconstitutional but used taxation as a work-around.

Interesting that it has NEVER been treated as a tax crime in practice. No other tax at the $200 level carries similar penalties, and it's always referred to as "possession of a machine gun' or similar; not "non payment of a tax the government will not accept payment of".
ObamaCare was upheld by SCOTUS because it was a “tax”

Back
Top Bottom