• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle Megathread…

Stop playing with the toys and move on up to a 500 S&W! [smile]

BTW, that's quite a fireball in the daylight...must be blinding at night.
🤣 I shot 2 rounds of 500 mag a few years back. Let’s just say I’m good!😂 It actually hurt to shoot.

And ya I couldn’t believe the fireball in the bright sunlight. Makes me want to hit the range late in the day to see what the fireball is like.

Update: The spring kit will be the exact same for all calibers with the exception of the spare magazine spring, so I ordered the 50 AE kit because I already replaced the magazine springs and followers for my 44 magnum magazines. Backorder from MR but should be manufactured and shipped in a week or two.

Update: The spring kit will be the exact same for all calibers with the exception of the spare magazine spring, so I ordered the 50 AE kit because I already replaced the magazine springs and followers for my 44 magnum magazines. Backorder from MR but should be manufactured and shipped in a week or two.
Interesting! Good to know.
If you're in a rush, I'd just buy from Midwayusa. Mine shipped next day.

Or from Kahr

Interesting! Good to know.
If you're in a rush, I'd just buy from Midwayusa. Mine shipped next day.

Or from Kahr
Would’ve but I figured since I was already on the phone with the guy and he asked if I wanted to order them I would order them from MR, then after I told him my CC info (my address was already in the system) he told me it was on a short back order and I didn’t want to be a dickhead about it Lol.

Would’ve but I figured since I was already on the phone with the guy and he asked if I wanted to order them I would order them from MR, then after I told him my CC info (my address was already in the system) he told me it was on a short back order and I didn’t want to be a dickhead about it Lol.
Ahhh gotcha. Yeah I would have done the same lol.

Did you guys have to call them as I don't see followers on their web site? When I click on the "Shop" button it takes me to Kahr. Could use some 44mag followers as well.

Did you guys have to call them as I don't see followers on their web site? When I click on the "Shop" button it takes me to Kahr. Could use some 44mag followers as well.
Yes, you will have to call MR directly for followers they are not on the Kahr website.

Time to step you your game... someone posted this on reddit

View attachment 463534
Just because you can... Bet that tames the recoil, though.

As an aside, titanium nitride comes across to me as a stupidly gaudy thing when I think of it as "gold", but when I just think of it as a protective coating, it seems like perfectly reasonable choice.

Well I’m back to breaking shit again. Finally broke the bolts with the desert eagle today (second bolt destroyed shortly after this photo) 🤣
View attachment 464041
I don’t even know how many thousands of rounds it’s taken.

Been there and sent many gongs into the dirt. Then I got wise. There's and Ebay seller out of Maine that sells sections of heavy equipment conveyor belt. Cut the belt into strips and mount your gong. It's the last time you will ever need to hang your gong. I probably have a few thousand rounds of 44 mag, and 460 S&W mag and the straps just let the bullets bounce off them rather than take chunks of steel out. Rubber straps also seem to allow the gong to soften the harsh big bore handgun impacts and it adds stability to your frame. There was a few times where my 460 mag actually knocked over my whole frame assembly !

DSCF1298[1].JPG

Been there and sent many gongs into the dirt. Then I got wise. There's and Ebay seller out of Maine that sells sections of heavy equipment conveyor belt. Cut the belt into strips and mount your gong. It's the last time you will ever need to hang your gong. I probably have a few thousand rounds of 44 mag, and 460 S&W mag and the straps just let the bullets bounce off them rather than take chunks of steel out. Rubber straps also seem to allow the gong to soften the harsh big bore handgun impacts and it adds stability to your frame. There was a few times where my 460 mag actually knocked over my whole frame assembly !

View attachment 464054
Nice!!! The hangers I have are a heavy duty rubber which has taken a beaten. It’s the bolts that are the weak link.

Back
Top Bottom