• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle Megathread…

It was always a dumb gun. (Although fun to shoot, when someone else owns it, lol) .44 magnum on the other hand, not so much. Useful for real pin shoots and all kimds of intermediate hunting.
Sort of like when I shot a fellow gun club members' 50 BMG, could not wait to try it, and could not wait to give it back after the 3rd shot ! Not for me thanks.

Eh. I owned one in 357 many years ago and didn’t get the hype and traded it for a Garand and an 03A3. Great trade. Got the bug again and picked up one in 50AE with a 44 mag conversion bbl. I now get the hype. The 50AE is one hell of a round.

Why is it a dumb gun?
Why is it a dumb caliber?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

The only dumb caliber is .40, that is a fact.

Go have fun shooting your Hi-points.
All guns and calibers are dumb. They are also deaf and blind. I've never heard one of them say a thing or respond at all to a loud noise or a bright flash. And they don’t even play a mean pinball. [wave]

Why is it a dumb gun?
Why is it a dumb caliber?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

The only dumb caliber is .40, that is a fact.

Go have fun shooting your Hi-points.
It's just dumb, like saying you need a 440 hemi to be fast. Technology has moved on. Non-boosted V6's put how just as much power as the old 'muscle cars' did from the factory.

I don't even own a hi-point. Not sure where poor shaming fits into this? Wait, should I be offended? I'm not good with this being offended over nothing thing.

Your entitled to your opinion. Too bad you have to wake up everyday angry. Just go away and troll a different thread.
Bruh, I'm retired, every day is a good day now. Read my other post to the other person who felt the need to try and shame me somehow. If you want the gun, get it. I'm all for that. But don't tell me it's for something other than that, unless you go into bear country.

Maybe my 180 gr reloads are too much for it?…I’m still below max with H110 powder….

wow, that's a really odd breakage. A good sized portion of the pin snapped off. the DE pins are pretty robust by design.
Yeah it really is strange. I have no idea what would have caused this. Hopefully it won’t happen again

wow, that's a really odd breakage. A good sized portion of the pin snapped off. the DE pins are pretty robust by design.

I bet for a deagle its not an odd breakage. These guns are not known for being exceptionally robust.

Yeah it really is strange. I have no idea what would have caused this. Hopefully it won’t happen again
take a very close look at the hole in the center of the bolt face and see if it looks like the pin is off center. If you see a slight amount of raised metal around the hole that's an indication your pin is striking off center.

The issue is unlike 95% of gun owners, @andrew1220 actually puts duty cycle/use on his guns- EG, he actually shoots them. :)
Oh, I know. That's why I say they should get him in on QA. He'll run the piss out of stuff until it fails. This is a win-win: they learn where the guns fail, and he already has RMA labels printed and waiting ;)

take a very close look at the hole in the center of the bolt face and see if it looks like the pin is off center. If you see a slight amount of raised metal around the hole that's an indication your pin is striking off center.
Shit I hope not. I’ll have to check that. Thanks.
The issue is unlike 95% of gun owners, @andrew1220 actually puts duty cycle/use on his guns- EG, he actually shoots them. :)
I just got off the phone with MR and the guy said he hadn’t heard of this happening before but said it’s certainly not impossible. Thinks it was just a fluke and the replacement FP should last me the rest of my life….I don’t think he knows about my track record with guns…🤣

Shit I hope not. I’ll have to check that. Thanks.

I just got off the phone with MR and the guy said he hadn’t heard of this happening before but said it’s certainly not impossible. Thinks it was just a fluke and the replacement FP should last me the rest of my life….I don’t think he knows about my track record with guns…🤣
Did you send him your "resume" yet?

Manufacturers probably always say firing pins are supposed to last forever. But if you shoot a lot, you've replaced some. Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom