Talk to me about skydiving in MA or NH

Ok, after a successful run in the tunnel at Skyventure with the kids I think I might be ready to hit the open skies! Obviously my kids are to young but I wanna try it this summer. Anybody have good experiences in MA or NH that send me to the right place?..if any😂😂

Sarge, I don't care how courageous you think you are, that plane ride up will have you shitting bricks. And when the instructor kicks the door open, and all you hear is WHOOOOSSHHHH 😭😭

View attachment 574937
Not my experience, but ok.

Pepperell was great when I went a few years ago. Probably going to hit Maine when my brother is up in a couple months.

Probably the biggest "surprise that shouldn't have been a surprise" for me was that the community is (behaviorally) a lot like surfers or divers.

Did it with my wife on our anniversary about 10 years ago in Orange MA. Good people and the dude I was tangent jumping with was great. Although I told him I didn't want to do a roll out of the plane but we did a flip anyway. Great memory but that bitch had to go. Divorced her ass 8 years ago.

The only advice I have is compare the jump height. I wish I went with a place higher than 10K feet since you get longer free fall time.

Orange. Jumptown does a good job and the tandem instructors will do what they can on what type of decent you want with a lot of turning or just an easy float down. They go from 13,000 to 13,500 feet. Even on a nice day it can be downright chilly up there. For every 1000 feet the temp drops 3 degrees. Been twice with them and would like to go again. Yeah, the worst part is at the door when the instructor is leaning out trying to see and you're trying to lean back in. Incredibly peaceful once the chute is open and you're floating down. I believe the free fall was 45 seconds.

Sarge, I don't care how courageous you think you are, that plane ride up will have you shitting bricks. And when the instructor kicks the door open, and all you hear is WHOOOOSSHHHH 😭😭

View attachment 574937
Damn!!!!! Hey, like Patrick Swazee said “Some guys jab a vein for it and all you have to do is jump for that high!”😂😂

Never thought of the plane ride up!!!!😂😂

Orange. Jumptown does a good job and the tandem instructors will do what they can on what type of decent you want with a lot of turning or just an easy float down. They go from 13,000 to 13,500 feet. Even on a nice day it can be downright chilly up there. For every 1000 feet the temp drops 3 degrees. Been twice with them and would like to go again. Yeah, the worst part is at the door when the instructor is leaning out trying to see and you're trying to lean back in. Incredibly peaceful once the chute is open and you're floating down. I believe the free fall was 45 seconds.

A number of years ago a group of us did the Advanced Freefall course a Jumptown. It’s a 3 day course that allows you to jump yourself (not tandem). It was a ton of fun and something I’d recommend if you have the time. When you jump you have two instructors jump with you and they hover right next to you in case you freeze up. It was a definite rush.

If you do this get the video as it’s worth it.

My daughter was all set to do that and everything was put on hold because of covid.
A number of years ago a group of us did the Advanced Freefall course a Jumptown. It’s a 3 day course that allows you to jump yourself (not tandem). It was a ton of fun and something I’d recommend if you have the time. When you jump you have two instructors jump with you and they hover right next to you in case you freeze up. It was a definite rush.

If you do this get the video as it’s worth it.

A client of mine, in his 80's now, was sitting across from me several years ago. He had a HUGE Airborne belt buckle on. "Oh, was your son in Airborne?"

He looked at me and laughed. "I was in Airborne. Vietnam."

(I had no idea. He never mentioned any of it. Ever.)

He fell in love with jumping out of planes in the Army. Came home and went almost every weekend in the nice weather for years. I forget how many jumps he had under his belt, Army and civilian, but it was a s-ton. Funny freaking guy. You'd never take him for a guy to parachute into a hot zone and start shooting VC's.

Clearly this was years ago, but he'd go to Pepperell.

I've gone out of Skydive Pepperell and Skydive the Mills. Pepperell was a great, professional operation. Skydive the Mills was less official. The Mills flies you up in a stripped Cessna 182 out of the grass strip in Marstons Mills. In casual conversation on the way up while we were crammed in sitting on the floor, we asked the (young) pilot how long he'd been flying. He informed us that he got the job a couple weeks ago off a craigslist ad. Most concerning is he was also wearing a parachute...

I've gone out of Skydive Pepperell and Skydive the Mills. Pepperell was a great, professional operation. Skydive the Mills was less official. The Mills flies you up in a stripped Cessna 182 out of the grass strip in Marstons Mills. In casual conversation on the way up while we were crammed in sitting on the floor, we asked the (young) pilot how long he'd been flying. He informed us that he got the job a couple weeks ago off a craigslist ad. Most concerning is he was also wearing a parachute...
He was required to wear the 'chute.

Make sure you get the video made,.. worth every penny!
THIS

My instructor had a go-pro wristwatch with the camera facing us that had the following settings:
-video record for the first 60 seconds (free fall)
-1 snapshot/sec for the entire jump.

This was perfect. So I had great video of me shitting my pants during freefall, then 1000 still pictures (most were junk) for me to choose the best ones.

They are all mostly low hours (the pilots)
It is a hours builder job.
He was just too honest 🤭… or just trying to add to the excitement

Back
Top Bottom