• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tamgha Arms Folding 12 Gauge, 7+1 Spring Loaded Shotgun. Carry in a holster

Wasn’t there a thread just a while back about how bad the quality is on most of these new Turkish 12’s popping up for like 250.00-300.00?

And those didn’t fold in half. Hard pass for me.
Don't think of it as a system with an obvious failure mode.
Think of it as a Turkish Transformer.

(Gotta love the guy at 1m40s who pops out
like one of the Piranha Brothers).

Moves slower than the Danger Cart, though.

A friend of mine bought a Mossberg 500 for home defense. His first shotgun and his only other gun was a S&W 442. Which he mostly missed with at the range.

I took him to the range and we both brought along our shotguns. The shotgun area at this range is mostly for patterning, but I hung a B29 reduced size target.

He loaded up and got ready to shoot. He figured it was easy. He fired all five shots and ... missed.

My turn. Five shots, and the target was peppered.

"How did you do that?"

I showed him stance, grip, SIGHTING, and trigger pull.

Amazing what doing things properly will do.

Do I need to mention that he told me that he doubted that he'd ever have to shoot since the sound of the slide racking would scare burglars away?

You've obviously never been a firearms instructor for people who've never held a shotgun.

How does 5-6 rounds load into that mag tube? My 870 mag pokes past the barrel and holds 6? Shorter shells? I'm not a shotgun guy, I taught basics and generally told people this is the last time you'll hold one other than qual days.

Oh, believe me; I have. Some saying about monkeys and footballs comes to mind.

On the mag, 5 rounds of 2.75" is 13.75" plus the follower and compressed spring. That tube looks to be about 16" long - so ~2" for the fully compressed spring? Sounds about right.

EDIT:
Then I looked at the website...and remembered I'm an idiot.
2¾" shells are actually about 2.25" long in their unfired condition.

This means 7 rounds would be 15.75". They're claiming the barrel is 18.5" and the magazine looks to align with the bolt face. Taking very rough measurements off the screen, I'm seeing about 15.5" of magazine.

I'm with you. Either it's a typo, and they meant 5+1, or they're cheating, and talking about something like Minishells. Because if you really want to watch a pump choke, run those things.
ok...tonight is another whsikey ngitht. Mathes is hard. geti with me tomiorrow.

A friend of mine bought a Mossberg 500 for home defense. His first shotgun and his only other gun was a S&W 442. Which he mostly missed with at the range.

I took him to the range and we both brought along our shotguns. The shotgun area at this range is mostly for patterning, but I hung a B29 reduced size target.

He loaded up and got ready to shoot. He figured it was easy. He fired all five shots and ... missed.

My turn. Five shots, and the target was peppered.

"How did you do that?"

I showed him stance, grip, SIGHTING, and trigger pull.

Amazing what doing things properly will do.

Do I need to mention that he told me that he doubted that he'd ever have to shoot since the sound of the slide racking would scare burglars away?
5 slugs through the same hole from 25 yards is pretty much the standard for 'red shirts' teaching shotgun in my old group. But I get it, you understand.

At 15 or so feet I expect all of the pellets to be more or less at center mass of the target. Not scattered around the target. I sometimes joke about him that I'd be safest standing in front of the target when he shoots.

It's a matter or enough PROPER practice. I can bring him down there with a box of shells and by the end he'll be okay. But, he won't go back again for a year, so it's start all over again.

5 slugs through the same hole from 25 yards is pretty much the standard for 'red shirts' teaching shotgun in my old group. But I get it, you understand.

Back
Top Bottom