• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tapatalk

This is the second forum I'm on that has switched to Xenforo, and both are less convenient to access now. The other one noticed a reduction in traffic, so be forewarned.

I only used Tapatalk to post pics, because I wasn’t able to do it on the old NES site . With the new forum, I’m able to get pics up. So, for me, Tapatalk is no big loss.

I tried Tapatalk a few times when accessing via my phone but found it so different than the laptop look/feel, it was a very poor experience.

Tapatalk from my tablet permitted me to mark a thread read with one gesture ( click and hold). It is much more effort from the web interface on my phone or tablet. Keeping caught up will likely be very difficult now.

I understand why tapatalk is evil but will miss it.

My Priv can't access NES even without Tapatalk, now.

I've tried the Blackberry browser, Chrome, and Firefox.

Before the Blackberry haters step in the Priv is a newer Android, and is on par with a Galaxy S7 or Iphone 6-series.

The same problem here. Used Tapatalk on my phone all the time to read new posts and, most importantly, to reply to the PMs. Is there any active mechanism now to get PMs on the phone?

Tapatalk has way too many security flaws to continue using. I am working on getting another 3rd party provider. As soon as I have it vetted I will post the details.

OK, thanx for looking out for our safety!! Came here to complain that TPT didn't work on my iphone....just got a smart phone 2 months ago! So should I delete tapatalk from my iphone? I'm an electrician, not an electronics guy.

good to know this is not an issue on my end, I was beginning to think that my wife sabotaged my iphone!

Tapatalk has way too many security flaws to continue using. I am working on getting another 3rd party provider. As soon as I have it vetted I will post the details.
Glad to hear another app is in the works. Browsers on the phone are just not as efficient as apps. I guess my productivity will go up in the meantime :)

I'm probably in the minority, but I usually prefer the mobile web version of my forums. I like having the same look and feel between laptop and phone for the various (mostly car related) forums I frequent.

I'm probably in the minority, but I usually prefer the mobile web version of my forums. I like having the same look and feel between laptop and phone for the various (mostly car related) forums I frequent.
I frequent a few forums, 90% of my browsing is on the phone, and it is easier to view them all in the same app in the same format.

So should I delete tapatalk from my iphone? I'm an electrician, not an electronics guy.

It's not going to expressly harm anything, it's more of a security issue from the server side. The script we have to host is notoriously buggy.

I frequent a few forums, 90% of my browsing is on the phone, and it is easier to view them all in the same app in the same format.

I definitely understand that. But when they all look alike on my phone, sometimes I forget what I'm looking at. Which forums Off Topic section am I in again?

I suppose I like my consistency across forum (NES looks the same on laptop and mobile, NASIOC/AudiZine both look the same on laptop as they do on mobile) instead of consistency across platform (all forums look the same on mobile).

Again, I definitely understand why loss of Tapatalk is a thing. At least they're looking into a replacement!

Same here. I originally found NES on a laptop and like the look/feel staying the same.

Thanks Derek. I look forward to any app that will let me participate in the forum from my iPhone.

- Cuz

Oh I'm not saying it's not justified just that it was easy to use /navigate. I understand Derek's reasoning and am all for it

Last edited:

Well for what it's worth, the current mobile theme can be replicated on your desktop browser by making the browser window tall and skinny. The "responsive" site sheds stuff that won't fit and realigns them to fit the skinny window a little better.

This should NOT be construed as "my liking" the mobile theme! I still want a super simple, wicked dahk theme for mobile use!

Any word on a mobile app yet?...just wondering cause my work internet filter just blocked the website so my cell phone is all I have now since I rarely have time to browse at home...buttons are way too small on the mobile/desktop site on my phone and zooming all the time is a pain

The new forum renders just fine on an iPhone. I don’t miss tapatalk at all.

Attachments

• 27050BBE-C558-4F88-8C02-615CA8ADF704.png
    27050BBE-C558-4F88-8C02-615CA8ADF704.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 13
  • C2C199D6-6ADF-4E52-AEF3-305B67FD4734.png
    C2C199D6-6ADF-4E52-AEF3-305B67FD4734.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
The new forum renders just fine on an iPhone. I don’t miss tapatalk at all.

Yeah... I don't quite understand all the love for TT with the new mobile site. Apparently I have smaller fingers and better eyes than the vocal majority here, however.

Back
Top Bottom