Targabot - Robotic target system

exo

Now that's cool. Not yet available for purchase, and no prices yet. [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
one issue i see is that the target gets awfully close to the body/mechanics. I could see some fliers taking those buttons off and ruining this thing without some type of plate to put the unit behind.. Cool though would love to suggest my range buy one or two of these.

one issue i see is that the target gets awfully close to the body/mechanics. I could see some fliers taking those buttons off and ruining this thing without some type of plate to put the unit behind.. Cool though would love to suggest my range buy one or two of these.

They address that in the video, gotta run it behind some AR500 (or better) steel plate. And the rod that the target rides on is plastic and replaceable. I imagine the package they sell would include the plate since it includes the stand.

They need to weather proof the unit. Won't survive a light drizzle in its current condition.

This video was better suited to proving why hostage shots are not a good idea!

Interesting product though. I think that the shooter watching it to determine the pattern defeats the purpose :)

Last edited:
This video was better suited to proving why hostages are not a good idea!

Interesting product though. I think that the shooter watching it to determine the pattern defeats the purpose :)

Yeah, they tagged the hostages pretty good. The thing has a random mode though that won't have a discernible pattern, so that would help counter a natural instinct for pattern detection.

anyone wants to take bets how successful would an AK be against an AR on this target at 100 yards? [laugh]

what's the market for these, I know it would be cool to have, but how much people would be willing to pay for one? Making one is not a rocket science, but making it so it's cheap enough and people would actually buy it to sustain the biz is the trick. So what's the sweet spot for this in terms of $$$?

anyone wants to take bets how successful would an AK be against an AR on this target at 100 yards? [laugh]

what's the market for these, I know it would be cool to have, but how much people would be willing to pay for one? Making one is not a rocket science, but making it so it's cheap enough and people would actually buy it to sustain the biz is the trick. So what's the sweet spot for this in terms of $$$?

No idea on pricing yet, though annotations on the video suggest that it may cost "as much as a good AR" or a "bolt gun with a good scope" (paraphrasing) - which could mean anything.

I suspect the real market is for over-funded police departments. I still want one though [grin]

well, the market is what people would pay for it. How much would you pay for this target? 500$ 250$

If this thing was $20, it's no brainer, if we can figure out price and #s on demand, then you can have more realistic targets than a static piece of paper.

How do you know that? Perhaps the electronics are full potted and weather tight.

See that usb port sitting out in the open? Same thing for the power plug? Those knobs and switch also dont look like they have any weather proofing.

Reviving this.

Does anyone know the cost of this?

I was watching a Miculek (spelling?) Video, and it looks like a lot of fun to practice.

I went to the website but I have to request a quote. One review I read said that it costs as much as a steel target.

This is about as close to it's been to find something similar to the US Army pop ups at the rifle range. Those would be so fun to shoot with. I have no idea where they are sold and I'm assuming they cost an insane amount of money.

Reviving this.

I was watching a Miculek (spelling?) Video, and it looks like a lot of fun to practice.

I went to the website but I have to request a quote. One review I read said that it costs as much as a steel target.

I forgot this was even a thing. Their website “blog” was last updated in 2018... no idea if this is a shipping product or how much it costs.

Reviving this.

🧐
Cost of a steel target? I wholly doubt that unless you’re talking about a 5/8” thick 4’x6’ big game silhoutte!

Back
Top Bottom