• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Best TSUSA email in awhile...
Im sure they got some complaints/return attempts

View attachment 401460

Just read this out loud to my wife.
I LOL’d when I read their email. So many noobs buying the wrong ammo🤦🏻‍♂️

I read it out loud to my wife just now. She giggled and said “didn’t you say a few months ago that there were a lot of people about to find out the hard way the difference between 9mm makarov and 9mm luger?”
I obviously stole that from someone here on NES a while back and mentioned it in passing. She remembered though, which is concerning in it’s own right...

Props to whoever said it, I feel like it was Enbloc, but I could be wrong.

Edit- I was wrong and Enbloc always gets the credit.

Correct quote below

Just read this out loud to my wife.

I read it out loud to my wife just now. She giggled and said “didn’t you say a few months ago that there were a lot of people about to find out the hard way the difference between 9mm makarov and 9mm luger?”
I obviously stole that from someone here on NES a while back and mentioned it in passing. She remembered though, which is concerning in it’s own right...

Props to whoever said it, I feel like it was Enbloc, but I could be wrong.

Edit- I was wrong and Enbloc always gets the credit.

Correct quote below

I remember we were joking back in August about people buying blanks not knowing too

Bought 1,000 rounds of .17 HMR last week for $240 (I let my prime lapse in aug). The CZ 457 should be in this weekend/early next week.

saw some .223 at target sports last week for $700 / 1000 ; the .17 HMR ammo and rifle combined are a little less.

the 9 is taking a few more seconds to clear out now. Plateau?

hours, actually. And another warehouse I monitor does not seem to move a lot at ~$37 a box for the past week (used to be wiped out quickly in September) and started to slash prices up to 13%. Matches ammopricesnow.com data, which shows a downtrend since the mid of September. Still doubt we will see back to normal anytime soon.

Anybody think that if Biden wins, this could be the new normal, or even...the good old days?

I want to keep buying, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to pay $25 a box for more than a box or two,.....

I can see the shocked silence descending upon the TSA warehouse when they realize the 9 is still sitting there after 10 minutes. Noone daring to whisper the question that weighs heavily on everyone's mind.........."Is it over?..................."

Who has to tell the CEO?

How long did it take for supply to recover after the Sandy Hook scare? I can't remember clearly but seemed like a year or two.

The 9 is still sitting there at $.55 per round, that’s a whole day! Just for grins I looked back at my old orders to find the last time I bought CCI Blazer 9mm from them. It was back in June of ’18 and I paid $8.73 per box of 50 - seventeen and a half cents a round. Glad I bought a lot.

How long did it take for supply to recover after the Sandy Hook scare? I can't remember clearly but seemed like a year or two.

More like 2 years from what I remember, but this is far worse than I remember sandy hook panic being.

Plus if Biden wins and the senate flips, then this is going to push the panic even more.

We are nowhere near the end of this.

The 9 is still sitting there at $.55 per round, that’s a whole day! Just for grins I looked back at my old orders to find the last time I bought CCI Blazer 9mm from them. It was back in June of ’18 and I paid $8.73 per box of 50 - seventeen and a half cents a round. Glad I bought a lot.

It wasn't even that long ago for me....granted it's PMC bronze, but 18c (well .20 with shipping) per round Mid March this year

1603276008331.png

Last edited:
The 9 is still sitting there at $.55 per round, that’s a whole day!

I begrudgingly had to buy some last night because I am scheduled for some training classes in a few weeks and I just found out they won't let me shoot my reloads. I wish I had known/realized that when we made plans 6 months ago to take the classes and I could have grabbed a bunch back when it was considerably cheaper.

This bell curve is only accurate with the backdrop of pre Covid hysteria. It would look like a skateboard ramp launching everyone off to the right side these days, as to even buy any ammo now you need to have low "price sensitivity" (ie. beggars can't be choosers). So the "most" consumers are all huddled around the right side of this chart.

What class won't let you shoot reloads?

Heading down to Delta Defense in South Carolina to take 3 days of advanced defensive pistol classes. We are going to do some low/no light shooting, going to do some stuff on room/building clearing etc. There's a group of us going and one of the guys is friends with one of the owners. Basically we are going to be test subjects for some new class material/exercises and also have some of the time open for whatever we want to work on. These classes are not open to the public. Just found out yesterday they would prefer if I shot factory ammo and leave the reloads at home.

Back
Top Bottom