Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

SWIRE used to have a walmart app back in 2008 or 2012 I forget. It was really useful for when Walmsrt scanned it into inventory. Doesn't mean it was put up for stock on the shelf though.

Maybe what we really need is an ammo futures market. I am only half kidding.

I floated that idea on another forum and it went over like a sea slug. Actually, it was more of an options market.
I think I've mentioned it here some time back, too.
Anyone want to buy calls on 20 round boxes of 7.62x39mm? You can buy a December 18, 2020 $7 call for $1.25. This gives you the right to purchase one box of 7.62x39mm ammo at $7 a box through 18 Dec 2020.

I'm just learning about the "Pop-Up Store" premise... Can that be done with ammo?
Say a couple of folding tables near the parking lot along the banks of Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield?

1606173117488.png

Pop-up store leases typically last anywhere from one day to six months, offering a low-risk option for retailers to reach new consumers. Pop-up stores can be used for testing the waters in new markets, sampling new products or taking advantage of a short-term marketing opportunity like a holiday or special event.

Speaking of target loads, there were multiple pallets of shot shell at "The Preserve's" gun store entrance yesterday; all sold.
I don't think they had much in the way of common caliber metallic cartridges though.

If I can trigger a "Buy" or "Sell" order with my stock broker... why can't I do it with my Ammo Broker...???
Speed. I saw some 45 last week and set it to 1000 rounds to see how many it had. It said 94. I hit refresh and set it to 1000 again and is said 42. So ~50k rounds got bought in under 30 seconds. 45 seconds later, it was gone. May have been lots of simultaneous purchases or a few huge ones. I wrote a program to check this, it wasn’t feasable for it to run quickly enough and notify me in time to do anything about it. The gray market is fierce.

There’s probably some dude who’s job is buying 50k rounds per week. Can you imagine how much that UPS driver hates his guts? [rofl]

Have to admit it makes me a bit nervous to see all this ammo go so quickly. Makes me wonder who's buying it and where its going to.

Speaking of target loads, there were multiple pallets of shot shell at "The Preserve's" gun store entrance yesterday; all sold.
I don't think they had much in the way of common caliber metallic cartridges though.

Im just waiting for one of the bulk suppliers to get some stock in so I can buy 20 or so flats...hopefully soon

Have to admit it makes me a bit nervous to see all this ammo go so quickly. Makes me wonder who's buying it and where its going to.
I think a lot is going to the gray market all over the country. I chuckle when I see something in WTS that was available on TS two days ago but for +10 cents per round.

EDIT: Make that +25 cents per round o_O

Last edited:
I think a lot is going to the gray market all over the country. I chuckle when I see something in WTS that was available on TS two days ago but for +10 cents per round.
I dont know...it seems like every available round is being bought up immediately, regardless of price. [tinfoil]

"Wishing for Ammo is like wishing for a sandwich..." Bow, Bow, Bow ~Enbloc

How about with Fiber Optic? I hear that stuff is pretty quick... [rofl2]

View attachment 414572
That’s exactly what the HFT (High Frequency Trading) folks do. Using their super computers and dedicated fiber optic networks they can process a stock trade in less than 400 microseconds (0.0004 second). Normal home high speed Internet has a latency (time for a message to get to a site and the response to get back) of 30-50 milliseconds (0.030-0.050). So in the time it takes for one round trip message for the home user (say from the time you hit return on your CCV to the time the site comes back with “place order”) the HFT folks could complete 75 to 125 trades. Hope they aren’t shopping for ammo🎉.

Back
Top Bottom