• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yes, free shipping on all orders regardless of size, and a discount on the price per box as well.

I imagine that the free shipping alone is worth the Prime membership alone, if you shoot enough. That said, what are people saving on ammo as part of the Prime deal? I don’t shoot much, so I’m not sure the membership is worth it at the moment.

I imagine that the free shipping alone is worth the Prime membership alone, if you shoot enough. That said, what are people saving on ammo as part of the Prime deal? I don’t shoot much, so I’m not sure the membership is worth it at the moment.
Same here. Just buy cases and make em last.

I’ll be working in Bristol, CT this week and I’ll be staying at a hotel in Southington. Literally 2 miles from TSUSA. If I needed a few boxes of ammo I could save on shipping costs by picking it up there. But I’m pretty stocked up at the moment.

Yes I'm serious, this is Ma. Do they ship in plain cardboard boxes with no ammo advertising?

You can get plain overbox for nominal charge.
They will just drop outside door, no ID, but you can specify adult signature if you want to wait around for delivery guy.

Free'dum. FREEEEEEE'dum. FREEEDOM! Freeee'DUM!

I may have mentioned it earlier in this massive thread, but I once made a lib neighbor have a canary b/c the CMP dropped 2 cases of 30-06 at my curb. Was out pretending I was playing B-ball and UPS showed up. Told him to just leave it and I'd carry it up later. Neighbor said, "What's that, ammo." "Yeah, 2,000 rounds of 30-06." "Who would mail you that!?!?!?" "Actually the US government." It was pretty funny.

But suffice to say - what sort of world do we live in when we can't have ammo shipped via common carrier without jumping through 84 hoops?

Free'dum. FREEEEEEE'dum. FREEEDOM! Freeee'DUM!

I may have mentioned it earlier in this massive thread, but I once made a lib neighbor have a canary b/c the CMP dropped 2 cases of 30-06 at my curb. Was out pretending I was playing B-ball and UPS showed up. Told him to just leave it and I'd carry it up later. Neighbor said, "What's that, ammo." "Yeah, 2,000 rounds of 30-06." "Who would mail you that!?!?!?" "Actually the US government." It was pretty funny.

But suffice to say - what sort of world do we live in when we can't have ammo shipped via common carrier without jumping through 84 hoops?
Seriously. Just having to have an LTC is PLENTY of hoops to jump through just to buy ammo.

Reason I ask about labeling is because I live in an apt. complex and if I have it shipped to GF's house she doesn't have a LTC.
The "discrete overbox" function is hit or miss. I ask for it every time.

Of my last 4 orders, one came in a brown cardboard box, with TSUSA in small print as the sender on the address label and nothing else. The other three came in white boxes with "TargetSportsUSA" clearly printed in large font on the box. YMMV.

8% off the listed prices. To be able to buy a box here, a box there with no shipping is huge. Particularly with defensive ammo, or if you are testing out different loads on a new gun. No one can beat their regular prices on HST, Critical Defense, etc., with another 8% off it is the bargain of the century.

If you can’t justify a membership by how much you shoot, go in it with a few friends. Have one membership and everyone order through it. Then there’s no reason not to have it. I have several friend who all are prime members and I look at it as a donation and thank you to a great company willing to give the finger to Maura.

8% off the listed prices. To be able to buy a box here, a box there with no shipping is huge. Particularly with defensive ammo, or if you are testing out different loads on a new gun. No one can beat their regular prices on HST, Critical Defense, etc., with another 8% off it is the bargain of the century.

Thanks. This is the feedback I was looking for.

If you can’t justify a membership by how much you shoot, go in it with a few friends. Have one membership and everyone order through it. Then there’s no reason not to have it. I have several friend who all are prime members and I look at it as a donation and thank you to a great company willing to give the finger to Maura.

Most of my friends who do any decent amount of shooting are reloaders, but I’ll likely get the membership and offer it up to them for defensive ammo. Thanks!

Most of my friends who do any decent amount of shooting are reloaders, but I’ll likely get the membership and offer it up to them for defensive ammo. Thanks!

Unless they changed it the worst you can do is break even anyway as if your discounts don't add up to the amount of the membership fee they refunded that amount.

My experience so far 2 orders placed with prime. First one was 10 pounds of stuff. Second was 20 pounds. According to fedex, Shipping alone would have been close to 30 bucks. The checkout window said the prime saved me 24 bucks off the merchandise. So 2 orders and I saved 54.00 which is a bit over half the cost of the prime. Prime is great with the discount off everything and free shipping on less than case lots. Great way to stack up an inventory, every pay day throw in a small order for stuff. They are moving to a new facility or so there email stated shipping takes a few days to get out the door. Stuff ordered on Thursday arrives on Wednesday.

The "discrete overbox" function is hit or miss. I ask for it every time.

Of my last 4 orders, one came in a brown cardboard box, with TSUSA in small print as the sender on the address label and nothing else. The other three came in white boxes with "TargetSportsUSA" clearly printed in large font on the box. YMMV.

Weird, I've always had the brown box with just the shipping label showing target sports USA.

Thanks. This is the feedback I was looking for.
You're welcome!

I forgot to mention the guarantee. If you don't save at least the membership cost, they'll refund the difference.

I reload certain calibers for competition shooting, but i easily get my money out of the deal on defensive ammo and calibers i dont reload. Its nice not to be forced into bulk purchases.

Back
Top Bottom