• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I paid $280.00 for this in 2017 and 2018 after the rebates. If Trump is re-elected, those prices will exist again. Stock up when you can.
I paid $256. Crazy how it’s doubled for the M855.

I paid $280.00 for this in 2017 and 2018 after the rebates. If Trump is re-elected, those prices will exist again. Stock up when you can.

Damn. Did that go up $45 a case from earlier today? Or am I loosing my mind?

I suppose ammo manufacturers are running full tilt on production of common calibers, so it will probably be quite awhile before you see the oddballs in stock again. I hope you don't need 7.5x54/55mm, 8x56mmR and such like!

Attachments

• 6.5x52cast1b.jpg
    6.5x52cast1b.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Swz7.5(sf).jpg
    Swz7.5(sf).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2
I suppose ammo manufacturers are running full tilt on production of common calibers, so it will probably be quite awhile before you see the oddballs in stock again. I hope you don't need 7.5x54/55mm, 8x56mmR and such like!
The shortage might open some opportunities for small scale commercial reloading/manufacturing, these systems have really lowered the cost of doing this and they have better quality controls than when it was just a guy with a lever. Ammunition Reloading Supplies, Reloading Equipment, Reloading Tools & Kits Short runs of high value ammo made to order?

I love those sabot rounds you make...do you have any posts in the dark underbelly of NES that explains how you put them together?

I love those sabot rounds you make...do you have any posts in the dark underbelly of NES that explains how you put them together?

There's not much data for these, unless you can find information on the older "Accelerator" rounds that used to be marketed. I generally use data for the lightest bullets of a given caliber and work from there.
If you don't push them fast enough, you don't always get sabot separation. Beyond that, I've found whatever projectiles I put into the sabot flies quite true, be it a 46g .224" bullet or a lead-filled 22LR case.
Do a search and you should find several sources for these plastic sabots. I can pm my source, if need be. Mind you, by the time you cost out the sabot and bullet, it may not be any less expensive than the standard .30 caliber bullet.

I don't recall the load or distance in the attached picture, but I believe it was at less than 30 feet from an FR-7.
The profile doesn't make these rounds the smoothest feeders, but I can say that I've fired them somewhat successfully from a MAS 49/56 auto-loader, too. Not really my first recommendation, however. At 100m, the .22LR makes just as clean a hole as in the picture below.
Fired into a box of magazines at low velocity did as in picture 2. At higher velocities, I couldn't recover much that was easily identifiable (third pic).
I have fired empty .22LR cases and they fly fine, but I don't have any pictorial evidence..

From Makarov.com; some 7.62x25mm (use at your own risk) Load Data:

46 Grain JHP w/ .30 Caliber Sabot (53 grain total Projectile weight)

Powder TypeStarting Charge (grains)Velocity (fps)Max Charge (grains)Velocity (fps)Source
Vit. 3N-37​
6.0​
1575​
8.3​
?​
Test Data Not Confirmed
AA #7​
8.1​
10.7​
Test Data Not Confirmed
Bullseye​
4.8​
?​
5.2​
?​
Test Data Not Confirmed
N-110​
10.0​
13.5​
Test Data Not Confirmed
N-340​
5.1​
7.4​
Test Data Not Confirmed
W-540​
6.9​
8.7​
Test Data Not Confirmed
WSL​
4.7​
6.4​
Test Data Not Confirmed
AA #5​
5.8​
1550​
6.3​
1730​
Test Data Not Confirmed, Internet Load

Attachments

• .22LRSabot2.jpg
    .22LRSabot2.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 4
  • .22LRJunkMail1f.jpg
    .22LRJunkMail1f.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 3
  • .22LRJunkMail1e.jpg
    .22LRJunkMail1e.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 3
  • .22LRJunkMail1c.jpg
    .22LRJunkMail1c.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Tempted, But I think I’ll go hunting locally today. See what else is around.
I got email notification of CCI mini mags in stock for $379.99 per case. Sold out in 2 minutes. They still have 100 round sleeves but those are more money. $8.49 per 100. Free shipping though.

I got email notification of CCI mini mags in stock for $379.99 per case. Sold out in 2 minutes. They still have 100 round sleeves but those are more money. $8.49 per 100. Free shipping though.

Was out running errands today with the kiddos. Hit up Southbridge Bikes for some tubeless sealant and then TSC for chicken feed. Was going to stop by wallyworld in Sturbridge and then the LGS in Palmer. Kiddo #1 had to pee after TSC, so I had to abort mission and return home.

I dropped by the Leicester Walmart today after they finally put the ammo back out after needing to “redesign the area”. This Walmart typically has the most hunting gear around. Wow was the ammo supply ever anemic! Some guy buying .22 I was chatting with said,
“There’s no 9mm”.
“Yes, they don’t carry killy rounds anymore.” “There’s some .223.”
“No, that’s not possible since they don’t carry killy rounds.”

He’s looks closer and sees its .222 Remington.
“Oh it’s not .223”

Lol.

I left there with 10 boxes of OO and rifled slugs.

I think I have like 30 notifications for 380 and I’ve seen none. Here’s a recent screen shot of what I think TS was charging. 😒
A9D01307-19CE-40B1-9AC3-3BF7D4F59AA3.png

And if you think there’s gouging going on look to the suppliers. TS is not making much money on ammo.
7425F01B-ABA1-43D7-9F65-E31DC69FABBD.png

Got this 45 auto for $11 last week.
4ABB1F02-C204-4F54-99CD-AC38E9263482.png

44 mag AL? Wow....
E27ED94F-5953-4E40-8D92-86BF455C3B02.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom