Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

***Warning — Rant Advisory***

ok, WTF is with the ammo shortage??? Alright, I get the fact that there are a bazillion new gun owners due to all the craziness... but seriously with the ammo???

Fine, I totally get the fact that panic buying has people willing to pay HIGHLY inflated prices— demand is high, I get it...

But supply? TSUSA is not getting in new inventory. Many LGS aren’t getting in inventory either. When there was a TP shortage at the beginning of C-19, I read someplace that manufacturing works at a constant production rate to balance profits versus production, so there would not be a huge storage of inventory, since demand is relatively constant.

While ammo purchasing tends to fluctuate more than TP, even at a baseline production rate, I would imaging supply to be constant, but demand to be high resulting in a perceived shortage. BUT —there have been very few manufactures brands on TSUSA or Cabelas shelves, or the LGS, so where is the supply???

Tinfoil hat time — is there a huge up-tick in government purchasing of ammo where it’s shifted away from the civilian market? Why has supply diminished so drastically? Are the political powers-that-be squeezing manufacturers threatening higher regulations in a Biden-run administration post-election, so the major manufacturers have caved-in to the political pressures???

I know there have been ammo shortages in the past, droughts if you will. The salty, seasoned old-timers say stock-up before the panic buying and I, like many, have listened only to avoid $1.00/rnd pricing at the rate things are going... but this is ridiculous.

I find it hard to believe that all of the woke have stocked up on ammo so deep that “regular” pre-panic shooters can’t find ammo. This FEELS off...

***Rant Over***

All the evidence you need is in this thread.

Panic purchasing+ Working from home hitting refresh all day + credit card = Bragging about ammo score on NES x everybody in the USA = artificially high prices ÷ TSUSA releasing things sporadically as to not flood the market = higher prices.

Target Sports lists it for $24.99, and Speer lists it for $30.99. I paid $27.99 at a LGS so I don’t feel bad. I figure the $14.99 box will go away at some point at TS then. Maybe I’ll hit the notify me button anyways. 15 bucks is a good price for sd ammo.

Target Sports lists it for $24.99, and Speer lists it for $30.99. I paid $27.99 at a LGS so I don’t feel bad. I figure the $14.99 box will go away at some point at TS then. Maybe I’ll hit the notify me button anyways. 15 bucks is a good price for sd ammo.
Notify doesn't guarantee the price, just the product. You get the new pricing when/of it comes in.

They leave those ghosted low price boxes there just to trigger you. Just like they manipulate the cpr. Still metric tons of $7.99 9mm ghost boxes.

Notify doesn't guarantee the price, just the product. You get the new pricing when/of it comes in.
They leave those ghosted low price boxes there just to trigger you. Just like they manipulate the cpr. Still metric tons of $7.99 9mm ghost boxes.
Ah yes, the elusive $7.99 ghost boxes. Made especially for ghost guns. Shhh, no one tell the press! [devil]
You'd think they'd want to hide what ammo used to cost before the insanity set in. [laugh] At a minimum, they should warn you not to expect the displayed prices ever again. [thinking]

My biggest gripe with TSUSA (right now, other than the membership fee) is that there is no way to quickly see what ammo is actually available across the board... in other words, a global "Here's what we've got right now" page. I wonder why not?

If there is such a search option or page, please inform me. [thumbsup]

Ok, who just bought all the 7.62x39 Federal Fusion soft point for $1.20 per? I didn't expect that to go that fast.

They day I received an order of a particular (not typically stocked) ammo recently, a LGS posted the same stuff up on fb that day. 500 boxes of it.

It isn't straightforward, but I scroll down to 'Recently Added Inventory' and click 'All'.

Then I check 'In Stock Only'.

This gives you all current available inventory, as far as I have been able to tell.

All I do is I verify what I want isn't there (ie check 9mm, nothing in stock) then I keep an eye on what just came in during the day (bottom of page after you login).

What in tarnation is this stuff?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XTjwsb9Ww

Tracers are a whole lot of fun. But those subsonic tracers... I can’t decide what they remind me of more:
230E3350-ED44-4E16-941B-C54691AF2702.jpeg

or

7F1E3FC0-E69B-45F0-936E-883DCD0DA7D2.gif
B185FAF6-7D96-4F1F-96DD-729D6B95A701.gif

Just don’t shoot them off in dry areas.

Last edited:
Anything less than a buck a round is good right now.

Back
Top Bottom