• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

What in tarnation is this stuff?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XTjwsb9Ww

I mean, if you want to use that in Han Solo's blaster, which was a modified C-96 Broomhandle Mauser... you'd have some most *excellent* cosplay. :)

It isn't straightforward, but I scroll down to 'Recently Added Inventory' and click 'All'.

Then I check 'In Stock Only'.

This gives you all current available inventory, as far as I have been able to tell.
Ha!!! Well, that was simple enough! [laugh] Thank you!. [thumbsup]

It's funny. I knew I had seen it before. Then the old brain locked up à la Uncle Joe Biden. [rofl2]

Getting old really sucks! 😜

Walmart in Walpole had five boxes of 12 gauge OO Buckshot (15 rounds each). Four Federal and one Winchester. Since they discontinued .223/5.56 ammo, and now all pistol ammo and we are boycotting them, I don't think that most people think to look for slugs/buckshot at Walmart. I almost bought some from the classifieds but didn't want to take an hour drive and pay $1.80 per round... Total cost for the 75 rounds was $65.99 ($0.88 per round). [banana]
They also had some .22 and .308 ammo (not just the $$$ hunting .308 either).

I watch my ammo cabinet mow with the same interest as i look at my 401k.
Listen. No joke but you can, until 12/31/20 take out a 401k withdrawal for up to $100k and buy several pallets from LC and resell to make more profit than the market would barely be giving you at this moment. No penalties, no payback necessary, and claimed only as income with taxes paid over a 3 years period. Crazy, I know.

two out of my last three shipments from Target have come with the box open. Not from lack of tape, definetely looks like its been purposefully opened. Anyone else run into this?

I would contact TS USA and let them know that...

I'd also contact UPS/FED EX or whoever it was that delivered the box and tell them to open a "Tambered Box" report...

JC, I just checked for shits and giggles and 9mm Gold Dot(OOS) was going for $999.80 a case!

Hell, 380(OOS) is an even $1k.

Suddenly my joking about trading a few cases of 9mm for a Benelli M4 isn't as absurd as I had initially intended. Whether or not folks are buying cases they're still paying $1 per pew.

JC, I just checked for shits and giggles and 9mm Gold Dot(OOS) was going for $999.80 a case!

Hell, 380(OOS) is an even $1k.

Suddenly my joking about trading a few cases of 9mm for a Benelli M4 isn't as absurd as I had initially intended. Whether or not folks are buying cases they're still paying $1 per pew.

If you look for long enough eventually you will pay closer to half of that on regular FMJ ammo. But it is gone in a flash, you have a few minutes once its posted.

Notice those $1 a shot listings, even though its "better" ammo, stay up for a while. That's the market value showing basically.

This will go on for awhile but I think by say March it will settle down to expensive but generally available, ie .50 for 9mm.

It is going to be a couple years before we see sub $200 cases again, even if Trump wins.

Listen. No joke but you can, until 12/31/20 take out a 401k withdrawal for up to $100k and buy several pallets from LC and resell to make more profit than the market would barely be giving you at this moment. No penalties, no payback necessary, and claimed only as income with taxes paid over a 3 years period. Crazy, I know.

While I wholeheartedly feel we should have the freedom to do it,

That's a stretch, buying any large volume of ammo, lowers, etc, and NOT being a dealer or FFL, then turning around to make a profit would likely get you some unwanted attention by the ATF and IRS.

While I hate to say it, I think this withdrawal thing is a possible driver of the economy right now. While with tongue in cheek I say its stupid to sell out your future. If inflation continues to keep hold on houses, trucks (I can believe i said that but the prices are retarded) and land, lumber, there will be people that make good money by taking that 401k money and buying something with it.

One doesnt even need to worry about regulated stuff like ammo, lowers, etc. Just look at normal household items like lumber......
For instance, I built a small building this year for someone. At the start of it in May 2X4 lumber was 3.50 as stud, plywood, 16 a sheet, etc. Now....its doubled. 7 dollars a stud, 32 a sheet. AND...these items haven't been hard to get like pressure treated or something. I could have bought as much 2X stock as I wanted, there was no shortage.........Every 2X stud would have doubled in price in 3 months. Crazy.

Two things. I should have bought as much lumber in May as I could have fit in both bays of my garage, and I would have made 20 grand just letting it sit for 3 months.

And, if those prices hold, older houses will HAVE to go up in price, because newer house prices materials just doubled, So if you look at it that way taking a bunch of money out to buy things on speculation can make you money if your smart...

But, in a lot of cases, there are idiots that will burn it like wildfire too on something that depreciates like mad. Then try to get bailed out when they can't pay their mortgage anymore. This inflation could be a very short lived thing when people start to have to pay their bills in January.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the difference between these boxes of Speer?
View attachment 393200
From what I can tell, the difference is in the powder type and the projectile design.
Box on the left has a five (5) petal projo and the box on the right has six (6). Left is an older design, right is newer.
Also the one on the right has a snappier powder load.

Please note: This data is inconclusive and was found doing random Google searches. I also found that .357sig GD has the similar differences and price gaps.
There is nothing wrong with the less-expensive GD, IMO

That's a stretch, buying any large volume of ammo, lowers, etc, and NOT being a dealer or FFL, then turning around to make a profit would likely get you some unwanted attention by the ATF and IRS.

While I hate to say it, I think this withdrawal thing is a possible driver of the economy right now. While with tongue in cheek I say its stupid to sell out your future. If inflation continues to keep hold on houses, trucks (I can believe i said that but the prices are retarded) and land, lumber, there will be people that make good money by taking that 401k money and buying something with it.

One doesnt even need to worry about regulated stuff like ammo, lowers, etc. Just look at normal household items like lumber......
For instance, I built a small building this year for someone. At the start of it in May 2X4 lumber was 3.50 as stud, plywood, 16 a sheet, etc. Now....its doubled. 7 dollars a stud, 32 a sheet. AND...these items haven't been hard to get like pressure treated or something. I could have bought as much 2X stock as I wanted, there was no shortage.........Every 2X stud would have doubled in price in 3 months. Crazy.

Two things. I should have bought as much lumber in May as I could have fit in both bays of my garage, and I would have made 20 grand just letting it sit for 3 months.

And, if those prices hold, older houses will HAVE to go up in price, because newer house prices materials just doubled, So if you look at it that way taking a bunch of money out to buy things on speculation can make you money if your smart...

But, in a lot of cases, there are idiots that will burn it like wildfire too on something that depreciates like mad. Then try to get bailed out when they can't pay their mortgage anymore. This inflation could be a very short lived thing when people start to have to pay their bills in January.

My expertise by far is not in finance but the stock market also helps insulate one from inflation.

Of course you could make more $$ in the short term on any hot investment but long term it does work.

Palletized ammo was T&C to be sure 😁

Using 401k withdrawals when your company matched like 33% or more over the years is a great way to hedge inflation and the depreciation of the dollar. Wise purchases are indeed the standard in that case as long as one makes the right decisions for the future. How long will the FDIC guarantee your bank holdings? I don’t think anything is a sure bet nowadays. Trusting in the USD and the Fed’s ability to prop it all up is increasingly worrisome. Banks are suffering a serious liquidity crisis which will only get worse in Q4. Stagflation is upon us. I don’t think the Fed will be able to inflate to 2% and above unless they go wot.

401k’s, pensions, and investments are not like they were in the previous generation. With day traders growing exponentially, .gov direct payments, fiat currency depreciations, natural resources/hard asset classes increasing in cost and decreasing in quantity, and can-kicking affecting future generations unquestionably, I find it almost guaranteed that an acute change in the world system is coming.

From what I can tell, the difference is in the powder type and the projectile design.
Box on the left has a five (5) petal projo and the box on the right has six (6). Left is an older design, right is newer.
Also the one on the right has a snappier powder load.

Please note: This data is inconclusive and was found doing random Google searches. I also found that .357sig GD has the similar differences and price gaps.
There is nothing wrong with the less-expensive GD, IMO
Thanks Enbloc. If they still carry it I will get the less expensive for sure.

Walmart in Ware has 2800 less rounds of. 22 now since I went back this morning . They still had about 6 buckets left

Attachments

• 20200927_125632.jpg
    20200927_125632.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 36
Just for comparison. Tsusa is 300% more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-161211_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-161211_Firefox.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom