• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

huh? ~Sorry, thought I was posting in another thread... Carry On.

Last edited:
god... I really wish I had moved sooner and bought reloading equipment. I finally have space in a garage or basement to set up a little reloading area, and components are like unobtainium. at least I have enough ammo to shoot another year or maybe 2 if I stretch it for 9mm. I'm kicking myself for not picking up more 5.56 and .308 when I had a chance...

I think this thread has made me realize that it's time for me to finally begin learning how to reload my own shit. I bought a bunch of powder years ago with the intent on learning a new hobby, but then I got married & had a child, so that plan got smashed to pieces. Well, now's the day to dust off the powders and buy a press.

It gets more ridiculous every week. I’m here for the laughs at this point. Honestly would not be suprised to see prices top out at 75 to 80 cents per round for 9mm, and even then I bet people would still pay, albeit not near as many.
Reptile is already around 0.70/round.

I was watching a Lucky Gunner video. Didn’t know it was an ammo site so I went to the site and read the shipping info. Cannot ship to Ma,Ca,bla bla bla..., and was wondering how can these sites be swayed to change? Why is it TS can deliver but others can’t? I unsubscribed from Lucky Gunner videos on YouTube and commented why.
Id guess that MA doesnt make up a large enough part of their revenue for them to bother. TS is in CT and had been shipping to MA for years, so Id bet that the amount of business that they were getting from MA gun owners was large enough for them to push back.

Iirc, MA has the lowest percentage of gun owners in the US. TS to some extent had that market cornered and nationwide companies cant be bothered to pay lawyers to win the right to fight over the scraps.

Id guess that MA doesnt make up a large enough part of their revenue for them to bother. TS is in CT and had been shipping to MA for years, so Id bet that the amount of business that they were getting from MA gun owners was large enough for them to push back.

Iirc, MA has the lowest percentage of gun owners in the US. TS to some extent had that market cornered and nationwide companies cant be bothered to pay lawyers to win the right to fight over the scraps.

Massachusetts is low but not the lowest by far at least according to ownership as a percentage of population. There are ten states below Massachusetts. Gun Ownership by State 2020

Thanks. That makes sense. I don’t see why they need to lawyer up to be able to ship here if it is legal. What is putting the damper on them? Healey?

What is putting the damper on them? Healey?
Yes. The AG 's office sends out lawyer letters to companies. Has been for years. "Stop or we'll take you to court." Most companies compare the revenue they pull out of MA to the legal bs to fight the AG and decide that its a better business decision to stay away

if it
I literally start to get pissed at people like that. "I would be like, dude im not even going to look, its f***ing gone already. You either want it or not, shit or get off the pot. " [rofl] You're trying to do the guy a favor and he's being a f***ing skinflint.

he's ok. He just didn't realize how fast the common calibers fly off the shelves. After that he gave me a buy order to just order it next time I see it. I feel like a stockbroker now.

god... I really wish I had moved sooner and bought reloading equipment. I finally have space in a garage or basement to set up a little reloading area, and components are like unobtainium. at least I have enough ammo to shoot another year or maybe 2 if I stretch it for 9mm. I'm kicking myself for not picking up more 5.56 and .308 when I had a chance...
Depending on the calibers you want to reload, it's still doable now. Small and large rifle primers, and large pistol primers can be had (with a little bit of work). It's the small pistol primers that are tough. Powder is easy enough to get. Bullets are relatively easy to get as long as you're not picky on the type (cast lead, coated, plated, jacketed etc).

I think this thread has made me realize that it's time for me to finally begin learning how to reload my own shit. I bought a bunch of powder years ago with the intent on learning a new hobby, but then I got married & had a child, so that plan got smashed to pieces. Well, now's the day to dust off the powders and buy a press.
If reloading anything small pistol, you're going to have a tough time finding those primers unless you decide to substitute the primers for small rifle primers (which can be done).

god... I really wish I had moved sooner and bought reloading equipment.

Accept the fact that you are too late to the reloading game to do anything *this* time, but don't you worry there *will* be a next time and you will be a happy man.

"When is the best time to plant a tree....20 years ago, second best time...today". Get 'er done !!!

Accept the fact that you are too late to the reloading game to do anything *this* time, but don't you worry there *will* be a next time and you will be a happy man.

"When is the best time to plant a tree....20 years ago, second best time...today". Get 'er done !!!

yeah. god willing, biden doesn't win, so the craziness will subside probably sometime in the next 12 months. then I'll pick up everything when prices start to normalize again.

Federal American Eagle 147gr back in, apparently over 99k in stock, notified by text 2 minutes ago. But I'm not desperate enough for $0.55/rd.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.05.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.05.44 AM.png

Federal American Eagle 147gr back in, apparently over 99k in stock, notified by text 2 minutes ago. But I'm not desperate enough for $0.55/rd.

View attachment 398031
View attachment 398032

You posted this a full 11 minutes before I got the text alert. Interesting. Yes, I'm a prime member and my info is up to date.

Back
Top Bottom