• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Winchester and Federal 5.56 have been sitting for awhile at the bargain price of 70/64 per round [banana] Everyone taking Indiginous Peoples' Day off ? 🤔

I think the most aggravating thing is that the price all the ammo the same now specifically 9mm.

When the prices first started going up I called them and asked if it was a direct reflection of what the manufacturers were charging them and it was a resounding yes. This made sense since brands came in with various prices.

Now they just slap $.60/round on every type of brass 9mm that comes in doesnt matter if its Federal, Winchester, Blazer, Speer, etc.

I called them again a week ago and asked the same question and added if so then every single manufacturer is charging them the exact same cost per round? Seems a little strange unless they are price fixating?

Their response:

"Sorry sir we cannot disclose that information"

Gotta love TSU!

I think it must be about a month or so since I've watched this thread, or bought any ammo for that matter. Is it my imagination or have prices been climbing steadily since then?

I keep seeing listings in the classifieds with outrageous prices but the laughing smileys under the listings are getting fewer and farther between.

Retailers retailing. Ever go to Kohls or Lowe's or any retailer (other than a car dealer) and ask why their prices are what they are? Question their policies? Supply chain? Accuse them of price fixing or gouging? Try it and report back...

In other news, I just bought a brick of minimags for $68.99 after my Prime discount. Pricy, 14¢/round but I don't have any hv 22 in decent quantity other than stingers and I just bought a Glock 44 so I want some. About an hour later I got a "label created" notice. I guess they're bored....

I think the most aggravating thing is that the price all the ammo the same now specifically 9mm.

When the prices first started going up I called them and asked if it was a direct reflection of what the manufacturers were charging them and it was a resounding yes. This made sense since brands came in with various prices.

Now they just slap $.60/round on every type of brass 9mm that comes in doesnt matter if its Federal, Winchester, Blazer, Speer, etc.

I called them again a week ago and asked the same question and added if so then every single manufacturer is charging them the exact same cost per round? Seems a little strange unless they are price fixating?

Let me ask you a question. If you owned a shop, would you knowingly sell yourself short if you could sell every round of 9mm that came in for 60 CPR, in like 5 minutes? Especially if
all your competitors were in the same ballpark?

I'm going to guess the answer is a hard "no". [laugh]

Also in periods of high demand things tend to just run together like that. The demand outstrips any selective action on the part of the consumer. Nobody is
going to discriminate on any kind of functional ammo brand. So you're going to get charged 60 CPR whether its magtech shitammo or something halfway decent like S&B, Geco, or Fiocchi, etc. Because if you grimace at the price, the other 99 people in line behind you are not going to, as most of them are like "I just want 9mm that goes bang" at this point.

A dumb answer but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it probably isn't the case.

Retailers retailing. Ever go to Kohls or Lowe's or any retailer (other than a car dealer) and ask why their prices are what they are? Question their policies? Supply chain? Accuse them of price fixing or gouging? Try it and report back...

In other news, I just bought a brick of minimags for $68.99 after my Prime discount. Pricy, 14¢/round but I don't have any hv 22 in decent quantity other than stingers and I just bought a Glock 44 so I want some. About an hour later I got a "label created" notice. I guess they're bored....

That's not that awful, local ground price is in the 60 a brick range, when you can find it. A lot of places are rationing it, too. I expect it to be extinct soon, or at least for
awhile.

Their response:

Gotta love TSU!

-Vista outdoor owns Federal, Blazer, Speer AND CCI, Independence, American Eagle, Estate, Fusion. They also own RCBS AND Alliant. They recently purchased the Remington ammo brand.
-Olin owns Winchester ammo, as well as runs the ATK ammo plant.

There are NO other big domestic commercial ammo makers.

Let me ask you a question. If you owned a shop, would you knowingly sell yourself short if you could sell every round of 9mm that came in for 60 CPR, in like 5 minutes? Especially if
all your competitors were in the same ballpark?

I'm going to guess the answer is a hard "no". [laugh]

Also in periods of high demand things tend to just run together like that. The demand outstrips any selective action on the part of the consumer. Nobody is
going to discriminate on any kind of functional ammo brand. So you're going to get charged 60 CPR whether its magtech shitammo or something halfway decent like S&B, Geco, or Fiocchi, etc. Because if you grimace at the price, the other 99 people in line behind you are not going to, as most of them are like "I just want 9mm that goes bang" at this point.

A dumb answer but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it probably isn't the case.

Yea no I get it I have 2 masters and a PHD in economics 100% understand the supply/demand aspect I just think its funny that they will disclose previously that its due to manufacturers raising costs to them and then just be like "yeaaaaaa not gonna disclose that" because they know what they are doing.

More just pointing out how ridiculous things keep getting with brands not even mattering anymore everything is just a commodity like you stated above.

At the end of the day I dont fault/blame them its a free economy get that money! Just sucks for all of us!

-Vista outdoor owns Federal, Blazer, Speer AND CCI, Independence, American Eagle, Estate, Fusion. They also own RCBS AND Alliant. They recently purchased the Remington ammo brand.
-Olin owns Winchester ammo, as well as runs the ATK ammo plant.

There are NO other big domestic commercial ammo makers.

Fiocchi has a big plant in MO.

2 hours! You've got no chance at 2 hours. I've missed out when I typed my password wrong and had to re-enter it. That's text, immediately to link, password twice, ammo gone. [sad]

Ya I had that happen again, the text was about 10 minutes old and it was sold out by the time I got there...

It might be getting better though, I got a text today and by the time I checked it it was 2 hours later and the stuff was still in stock, amazing for 556 ammo...

That's not that awful, local ground price is in the 60 a brick range, when you can find it. A lot of places are rationing it, too. I expect it to be extinct soon, or at least for
awhile.

Yea I found a couple shops that have it and everything is $1/round fo 9mm, 40 S&W, 45acp, 10mm, etc. 44 magnum, 357 magnum, 38 special, 380 acp, shotgun shells even more.

Yea no I get it I have 2 masters and a PHD in economics 100% understand the supply/demand aspect I just think its funny that they will disclose previously that its due to manufacturers raising costs to them and then just be like "yeaaaaaa not gonna disclose that" because they know what they are doing.

More just pointing out how ridiculous things keep getting with brands not even mattering anymore everything is just a commodity like you stated above.

At the end of the day I dont fault/blame them its a free economy get that money! Just sucks for all of us!

I don't dispute that the level of f***ery goes up when stuff like this happens, but its also worth knowing it might always not be TSes fault, either. Yeah they are making
more money, everyone is; that said, costs are increased upstream, too. One LGS I know went from $20 to $25/box, not because they "wanted" to or thought they could get away with it, but their cost increased almost by the same amount.....

There is a difference in regards to retailers of certain consumer products.

Many (most?) jurisdictions have "anti price gouging" regulations or laws, so it is a legit question. But when you say "are you price gouging?" 99% of the time you are really asking "do you still have some ....... because you are charging market, or did you sell them all below market price before I got here?".

It's like rent control - price gouging laws create a very small number of winners, while doing nothing to address supply issues ... except to prevent new supply from entering the market.

Massachusetts is low but not the lowest by far at least according to ownership as a percentage of population. There are ten states below Massachusetts. Gun Ownership by State 2020

That map has to be wrong, I can't see NH being lower in Gun ownership then MA...
Their saying MA is 22.60% and NH is 14.40%...
I call BS!!!

I think it must be about a month or so since I've watched this thread, or bought any ammo for that matter. Is it my imagination or have prices been climbing steadily since then?

I keep seeing listings in the classifieds with outrageous prices but the laughing smileys under the listings are getting fewer and farther between.

You’re not the only one - it seems like a lot of ammo on their site has gone up in the last 4-6 weeks.

I felt guilty buying CCI Mini-mags for $0.11/rd, but $0.14 isn’t bad in this environment.

I don't dispute that the level of f***ery goes up when stuff like this happens, but its also worth knowing it might always not be TSes fault, either. Yeah they are making
more money, everyone is; that said, costs are increased upstream, too. One LGS I know went from $20 to $25/box, not because they "wanted" to or thought they could get away with it, but their cost increased almost by the same amount.....

Some of these LGS are also purchasing their ammo from TS at this point. If TS (as a big fish) isn't getting sufficient inventory from their distributors, the local LGS is probably lucky to get a case or 2 a week

That map has to be wrong, I can't see NH being lower in Gun ownership then MA...
Their saying MA is 22.60% and NH is 14.40%...
I call BS!!!

It is weird as NH has over 60,000 registered guns at (14%) vs mass with 37,000 registered guns at 22% of the population owning guns . Massachusetts has a population of almost 7 million, while NH has a population of roughly 1.3-1.4 million. That obviously doesn’t add up.

I was confused until I saw Alaska with 62% gun ownership and only 13,000 registered guns vs a population of ~ 700-800k.

Everyone I know in NH and especially Alaska has a least one gun per household, but not everyone in that household has bought a gun and a ton are passed down from generations. My house for instance has a certain # of firearms, but they were only purchased by me so we are already batting 25% in my household. With NH being a constitutional carry state my speculation is that registered owner means less but access to weapons is much much higher than Mass.

list is either shit or there’s a ton of unregistered guns out there.

Dang. If you can find mini mags at Walmart it’s still $7.97 per 100. I stocked up on thousands of those over the summer.
And just yesterday I scored 1k Aguila HV 38 gr and 1k 40 gr plated for $123 shipped. Just over 6 cents per round shipped was too good not to pass up. Limit was 2k. Needless to say it was all gone within ~20 minutes of the email being sent out.

Back
Top Bottom