Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

So I’m looking at GB and seeing that all the 7.62x39 bolt action rifles are like 30-50% more than what I paid for mine in the fall of last year. Seems like shooters are seeing the value in such a rifle for a round that can still be had for less than .40 a round.

So I’m looking at GB and seeing that all the 7.62x39 bolt action rifles are like 30-50% more than what I paid for mine in the fall of last year. Seems like shooters are seeing the value in such a rifle for a round that can still be had for less than .40 a round.
Yeah, my .308 reloads are 0.62 cents per round so even with the inflated prices it's still worth it to me. X39 is so much smoother to shoot too. I bought mine for plinking but now I'm really trying to wring more accuracy out of it.

Maybe we've been doing it backward all along. We would buy a gun and then look for the appropriate ammo. Now we buy a box of ammo and then look for a gun to fit it. :D
So true. If you still want to buy the gun first, you need to be damn quick and vigilant about it. I made the mistake of ordering two shotguns after finding that 12 gauge shells were still in good supply at BP... but by the time they came in, all the 12 gauge shells were gone. [crying] Same situation at Walmart. [crying]

I should have bought the ammo first! [slap]

So true. If you still want to buy the gun first, you need to be damn quick and vigilant about it. I made the mistake of ordering two shotguns after finding that 12 gauge shells were still in good supply at BP... but by the time they came in, all the 12 gauge shells were gone. [crying] Same situation at Walmart. [crying]

I should have bought the ammo first! [slap]
I was kidding about folks buying ammo for guns they don’t have just to get the thrill of an ammo purchase. But it is true that if you’re looking for a gun in a caliber you don’t already have, you should snap up any ammo you see for it, even if you haven’t gotten the gun yet. For example, if I was looking to get my first 10mm, I would certainly buy some of the Creedmoor Sports 10mm that the CMP still has, even before finding a gun to shoot it.

I made a decision between 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor when ordering my American Rifle Company Nucleus rifle in the spring... Looks like 6mm Creed was the right call!Two more cases of Prime 6mm on the way.

Time to head to gunbroker and get rid of the rest of my small pistol primers and xm855 it looks like - CRAZY prices

I made a decision between 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor when ordering my American Rifle Company Nucleus rifle in the spring... Looks like 6mm Creed was the right call!Two more cases of Prime 6mm on the way.
dunno, i was able to stock up fine with 6.5CM at $16.5 per 20 rd pack from local stores - got close of 1k rounds of that kind. 6.5CM gives a bit better barrel life, in a long run.
And i did not see 6CM nowhere while i was shopping. if CMP will ship me my orders i will be all set with precision rounds for a very long time.

I was kidding about folks buying ammo for guns they don’t have just to get the thrill of an ammo purchase. But it is true that if you’re looking for a gun in a caliber you don’t already have, you should snap up any ammo you see for it, even if you haven’t gotten the gun yet. For example, if I was looking to get my first 10mm, I would certainly buy some of the Creedmoor Sports 10mm that the CMP still has, even before finding a gun to shoot it.
I was tempted to buy up all 137 boxes of 9.3x64 brenneke from our friends then buy a Brno VZ24, Husqvarna, Mauser 99, Mannelicher 72, or CZ550 but those guns are like hens teeth now. Would have to mill the breech for the 9.3x62 versions which are a little more attainable. Brass though is so expensive for these. There’s always 375 H&H but $7.99 for a box of 10 BB soft points is a steal.

dunno, i was able to stock up fine with 6.5CM at $16.5 per 20 rd pack from local stores - got close of 1k rounds of that kind. 6.5CM gives a bit better barrel life, in a long run.
And i did not see 6CM nowhere while i was shopping. if CMP will ship me my orders i will be all set with precision rounds for a very long time.
I haven’t seen many places you can just order up a case of 6.5 at normal prices, I know my brother has been searching for a while. I can’t say as though I’ve searched, so glad to hear it’s out there.

Meh on barrel life. If you can afford to shoot through $4k worth of ammo a new barrel to spin on for $450 is no biggie. And, with most high end rifles, changing calibers is a torque wrench away. In fairness, I do have a PVA 6.5mm prefit sitting in the safe in case I wanna try out 6.5 again.

I was kidding about folks buying ammo for guns they don’t have just to get the thrill of an ammo purchase. But it is true that if you’re looking for a gun in a caliber you don’t already have, you should snap up any ammo you see for it, even if you haven’t gotten the gun yet.
Well, two more examples: I was hot for a Ruger-57... right up until 5.7x28 ammo shot up to $1.00 - $4.00 per round. :oops: Had I laid in a decent supply before it went super-batshit crazy, I'd probably own one today (for better or worse). [laugh]

But I blew it badly on .32 S&W Long. [crying] Long-story-short, I bought the revolver (and committed to buy a second earlier vintage revolver) before I went shopping for the ammo. Had I acted in a quick & timely manner, I'd be okay with that caliber ammo today... but I hesitated and now you almost can't buy it at any price. [thinking] Plans dashed, second deal cancelled and back to the drawing board. [slap]

Does the "remember password" not work for anyone else? I have to re-log in every single time I open the site. I checked, I'm allowing cookies on their site, and I don't have the issue anywhere else so I think it's more of their website sucking.

Does the "remember password" not work for anyone else? I have to re-log in every single time I open the site. I checked, I'm allowing cookies on their site, and I don't have the issue anywhere else so I think it's more of their website sucking.

I've been having this issue since they updated the website

Our friends have x39 in stock $244 per 500rds act fast if you can’t catch it for less from TS

BROWN BEAR 7.62X39 123G HP-L/500 - 2 LIMIT​

2 cases is $518 shipped

It's definitely possible, just gotta be dedicated and keep spamming that F5.
Bought over 4k rounds of popular calibers in the last 2 weeks. On that note, I need to give my CC a rest.
charlie-sheen-winning-gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom